Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 11:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 323888 times)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #735 on: August 20, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »

Found the training Battle Droid but somebody beat me to Fox. I did manage to find the Movie Heroes Vader with light-up lightsaber. I've been waiting to get my hands on that one. At least Walmart is rolling out new stuff.
I actually wouldn't mind the light up sabre vader. Is it just a regular figure in the Heroes line? Or are these light up figures somehow differentiated in packaging? I have been sort of looking but not very hard. Anything non-vintage blends together for me. :(

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »

Found the training Battle Droid but somebody beat me to Fox. I did manage to find the Movie Heroes Vader with light-up lightsaber. I've been waiting to get my hands on that one. At least Walmart is rolling out new stuff.
I actually wouldn't mind the light up sabre vader. Is it just a regular figure in the Heroes line? Or are these light up figures somehow differentiated in packaging? I have been sort of looking but not very hard. Anything non-vintage blends together for me. :(

They are in the standard MH (Movie Heroes) packaging as the rest of the line except they have a little circular window to "press the button" and activate the feature.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 21, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

A friend of mine who doesn't collect found me a commander Fox :) and I've found him a Malgus.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 21, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »

Found the light up Vader etc at Walmart tonight. Left them. Just can't stand the idea this is basically a disposable figure. Almost got Hoth Luke with zip line but then realized it is kind of lame unless I was a kid and was going to use the play feature a lot. Series 2 fighter pods too, my son is kind of into them.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »

Found the light up Vader etc at Walmart tonight. Left them. Just can't stand the idea this is basically a disposable figure.

It's frustrating that they didn't just go with the old "screw in the back" approach, so that you could just unscrew a cover on the back and easily remove or replace the battery. Probably a cost-saving measure. I agree - it's tough to pay $11+tax for a Vader with a cool gimmick that will one day stop working. That said, if they had made an Old Ben with this light-up feature, I would've had a hard time not buying that...
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 21, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »

Sometimes the pleasures of certain figures are short lived anyway. I got the Obi Wan and Qui Gon, and love the light up feature. Will get the Darth when I see him as well. I'm sure to get at least a year or two of light up pleasure out of him. I just wish the light stayed on for a little bit, after letting go of the button.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »

But when the battery starts to corrode and leak it is pretty much garbage. Whereas a figure without this can at least be resold, possibly. I too would have a hard time resisting old Ben but I hope I would! :)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »

But when the battery starts to corrode and leak it is pretty much garbage. Whereas a figure without this can at least be resold, possibly. I too would have a hard time resisting old Ben but I hope I would! :)

Nonsense, I know you - you'd cave the second you saw him on the pegs... as would I :)   Sometimes we tell ourselves that we have the willpower to resist so that we can sleep better at nights. But we cave... we always cave. You know this to be true.  :D

I really hope that when it comes time to release FX-7 on vintage card that they do a light-up feature, or something special, as opposed to just re-releasing the same old mold. I did like the small improvements they made to Gonk for the 3pack, although I was hoping for a sound chip quite frankly.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 24, 2012, 09:17:29 AM »

saw the new wave of class-II vehicules. 2 ships per case. 1 podracer and the saber tank. The Naboo Starfighter is pictured on the tank box but it won't show up here. Only 1 Naboo Starfighter on ebay and it goes for 100$. Thankls Hasbro.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »

stopped at a new Walmart north of the GTA and picked up the light up saber vader.  they also had the snowspeeder luke. passed on it.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 27, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »

saw the new wave of class-II vehicules. 2 ships per case. 1 podracer and the saber tank. The Naboo Starfighter is pictured on the tank box but it won't show up here. Only 1 Naboo Starfighter on ebay and it goes for 100$. Thankls Hasbro.

Also saw the same wave at TRU - 2 green Republic Fighter Tanks and an Anakin's Podracer. Why did HasCan give us this "special case"?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 12, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »

Found at a local TRU in Montréal the Bespin Duel battlepack (english only)

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 12, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »

Don't let the language police see that lol. At least your are able to find something new it has been dead for new stuff here in Edmonton for awhile now

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »

Interesting! I doubt this means much in terms of whether we can expect the TRU exclusives or not, but it does give us a glimmer of hope that some sort of shipping error may occur that we'll find if we're lucky!

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 15, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »

Saw the wame battlepack and even the duel on naboo at wal-mart, this time around in tri-logo. Even saw the Canadian Vintage Yoda at Wal-Mart for 5$
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 176   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169117
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 76
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 58
Total: 59

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 39 queries.