Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 02:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 322385 times)

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #2235 on: May 29, 2017, 12:23:42 PM »

Did they have the same sort of collectables HMV carried?

:fett:

They did have the same sort of collectibles but just a lot less.  From what I remember they didn't have graphic novels or Funko pop figures.  They did have board games, some kids toys, but not collectible toys, and some tee shirts. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 30, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »

I have been visiting my local TRU daily, hoping to find the second wave of the 40AC or wave four of the Galen Erso wave but no luck
This morning there were the remnants of the first 40AC, missing of course the R2 and Han.  Just two of each of Luke, Leia and Ben where there was nothing on the pegs yesterday.  It boggles my mind that this keeps happening, no matter which cities or towns I visit.  There can't be scalpers in every little town around Ontario.  I have been in Stratford, Strathroy, London, Kitchener, Simcoe, Fergus, Tilsenburg, Hamilton, Stoney Creek and St Catharines, and the situation is the same - no R2-D2 or Han Solo.  I doubt if there are even any Star Wars collectors in these towns.  It is like there is some kind of conspiracy!
Now, it sounds like we will have the same problem with the Sandpeople and Stormtrooper figures.  Very frustrating!

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 30, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »

The employees are probably snagging them before they even hit the floor.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 30, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »

I would actually think that it's either collectors or scalpers.  When I moved to Keswick, I thought for sure I was the only collector around.  Turns out there are at least 4 just in my neighbourhood.  I listed some items on Kijiji and one of the buyers lived the next street over....

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 31, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »

I have been visiting my local TRU daily, hoping to find the second wave of the 40AC or wave four of the Galen Erso wave but no luck
This morning there were the remnants of the first 40AC, missing of course the R2 and Han.  Just two of each of Luke, Leia and Ben where there was nothing on the pegs yesterday.  It boggles my mind that this keeps happening, no matter which cities or towns I visit.  There can't be scalpers in every little town around Ontario.  I have been in Stratford, Strathroy, London, Kitchener, Simcoe, Fergus, Tilsenburg, Hamilton, Stoney Creek and St Catharines, and the situation is the same - no R2-D2 or Han Solo.  I doubt if there are even any Star Wars collectors in these towns.  It is like there is some kind of conspiracy!
Now, it sounds like we will have the same problem with the Sandpeople and Stormtrooper figures.  Very frustrating!

It's timing.  I walked into TRU at lunch on May 3rd because I knew there was a sale starting May 4th.  Just wanted to see if I can get anything and just price adjust the next day.  They had the full Galen Erso wave so I bought the entire wave.  The next day, they were all gone (they had at least 2 full sets of the wave when I went on May 3rd). 

Darth Avenger77

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 31, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well. I finally found the Erso wave today during my lunch break at a TRU. There was 2 sets of each left. It was strange to see nothing but new figures on the pegs for a change!!

I've posted my pictures on my Instagram @galipeaue.

Take care!

DarthSlaad

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: June 01, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »

Found the Raddus/Galen Erso wave at my local TRU in Montreal West-Island. There was a lot of shoretroopers, but only one figure of the other characters.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: June 02, 2017, 05:26:39 PM »

I just received the two 40AC figures I ordered from Walmart.ca the other day.  I had asked to pick them up at my nearest store but instead they mailed them out by Canada Post. 
If you don't mind bent and creased cardbacks then this is the way to go.  They were placed face to face in a lightweight plastic bag and tossed in the mail.  No added protection, no cardboard box.  Just the product.  A formula for disaster.
If I ever find them at store level I will try to exchange them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:23:24 PM by old man ben »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: June 02, 2017, 06:29:52 PM »

All I want from Wave 2 is the Death Squad Trooper and luckily I don't care about cardbacks as that's where I ordered mine from as well.  I think it'll get to the PO on Monday.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: June 02, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »

Found the Raddus/Galen Erso wave at my local TRU in Montreal West-Island. There was a lot of shoretroopers, but only one figure of the other characters.

I saw them on the shelf there today. They didn't restock.

- :fett:

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: June 02, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »

got mine in two chewie and stormtrooper. was same in plastic envlople. luckly  no big creases or dings. abit of mark on the card abit but can live with it. wish they send them in boxes like they usual do.
With Wookie Rage

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: June 04, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

I think Dart Woo is correct.  It's all about the timing when looking for scarce waves.  A store could put out a new case and if a collector happens to come by a short time later, he could scoop up the whole case, leaving no sign that it was ever there.
I know, as I did it myself lately.  I stumbled upon the Galen wave a couple of weeks ago at a TRU and took the whole works off the pegs to share between myself and another
Snowtrooper.
Then it just comes down to how quickly the store reorders.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: June 20, 2017, 12:47:13 AM »

I'm not sure how many people really "collect" these, but I saw the Black Series Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber at my local TRU. $199.99.

klown23

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: June 20, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »

I'm not sure how Manu people really "collect" these, but I saw the Black Series Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber at my local TRU. $199.99.

I Do! Thanks for the info

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: June 20, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that only Walmarts are getting the second wave of the 40th Anniversary figures, and only TRU's are getting the Galen Erso/Admiral Raddus wave of 3.75 figures.  Is this by plan?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 176   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 55
Total: 56

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 39 queries.