Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 02:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

23 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 321930 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #2340 on: August 11, 2017, 04:51:35 AM »

I have never even heard of that wave - 6" figures or 3.75"? The only "Black Series Proto Fett" I found by googling was an older exclusive figure from the blue highlighted box era from before EpVII.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: August 11, 2017, 07:49:29 AM »

3.75". It's a re-pack wave of TVC figures. Including the mail-away proto Boba Fett.

:fett:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:58 PM »

Speaking of product showing up in stores... anyone know if we'll ever see the Ponda/Proto-Fett/Tusken Raider/Sandtrooper Black series wave?  Not that we ever really saw much distribution of the preceding ones...

I haven't even seen Cassian and the Shoretrooper yet!  Was really hoping they'd show up now while they are under $10.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: August 19, 2017, 09:48:11 PM »

One of my local Walmarts in QC has several of the new Hot Wheels Star ships on the pegs. They're now $6.97 but are in the system and there's no problem at checkout.

One thing I noticed at another Walmart today was every last piece of Hasbro Star Wars merchandise being loaded into a giant gray bin apparently being sent back to Hasbro according to another store. Everything. TFA, R1, and 40th anniversary that just came out. Has anyone else seen this at their stores?

Hopefully this means plenty of TLJ merchandise.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: August 19, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »

My Walmart was weird tonight. They had taken down & gotten rid of the last 40-50 5POA figures, but had left out the few remaining 40th Ann vintage figures, 6" Black Series (down to $15) and 3.75" Black Series (didn't see if they were reduced or not). I haven't seen any 6" or 3.75" Black Series at all there for the last couple of weeks.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: August 19, 2017, 11:34:15 PM »

It is weird. I have 3 Walmarts near me. One moved all Hasbro SW figures, ships, etc. to temporary shelves in the aisle and re-arranged the toy section (I didn't see any tags for TLJ).

The second still has the same figures on the pegs and laying strewn on the shelves and I also didn't see any TLJ tags.

The third is where I saw the bin full of anything Hasbro released in SW that isn't a board game. I also saw that they were moving all the sections around. I didn't see if there were TLJ tags or not.

Edit: The Walmart with all SW merch in the gray bin has now put all 3.75" and 6" TBS back on the pegs. They've also put back the electronic R2 and BB-8 plus the blade builders. Everything else including the 40th and metal figures are gone and new tags are up for TLJ. Basic figs are $9.97, 2-packs are $19.97, and there was another tag for $14.97 figures. Not sure what they were.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:36:44 PM by Mandalore1988 »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: August 23, 2017, 09:22:14 AM »

Found the kylo Ren force link starter set at Walmart in Brampton yesterday. Scanned it and it said see an associate so you probably can't buy them yet. They had about 20 of them hanging on 2 pegs with a whole bunch of empty pegs around it awaiting new product.

I didn't look too closely at as I have no interest in actually buying it but wanted to mention it was found.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: August 23, 2017, 04:49:32 PM »

The dumbass WM employees near my work have put pegs full of TLJ basic 3.75" figures today. Along with 12" Heroes Shampoo bottles (Rey, FO Trooper, Darth Vader).

Why this wording? Because there are so many indications on the boxes not to put the products on the shelves and to even open the boxes that actually putting the products on the pegs is a proof of their idiocy. When you cut the box open, there is another additional sign actually asking you not go further and to stop! See attached pictures from a friend who send that to me from IG...

Sorry to say this, but it's true. These store employees are literally morons.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:51:34 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 23, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »

But, if their manager tells them to unload a skid and stock the shelves, then they may just blindly follow the instructions without questioning cause their manager told them to already.  They would just assume manager is going to be responsible for any consequences cause they are just following orders.

Also, I love how there are reports in the US that managers are telling the employees the reason they can't sell the TLJ stuff that leaked onto the floor was because they were recalled due to lead paint.  It's almost like they don't want to admit in front of customers that they screwed up and didn't know how to read street dates.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: August 23, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »

But, if their manager tells them to unload a skid and stock the shelves, then they may just blindly follow the instructions without questioning cause their manager told them to already.  They would just assume manager is going to be responsible for any consequences cause they are just following orders.

No, I mean, that's the easy way out. I've seen employees working this morning and they just opened the box, cutting it open, not even looking at the box. I mean, they do not even read the box, think about what they see (the symbols are quite eye catching). And worse thing, there was a store manager with them helping with the work...

Also, I love how there are reports in the US that managers are telling the employees the reason they can't sell the TLJ stuff that leaked onto the floor was because they were recalled due to lead paint.  It's almost like they don't want to admit in front of customers that they screwed up and didn't know how to read street dates.

This is not a story invented by store managers in the US. I've experienced the very same thing last year with the Rogue One figures at my local Walmart. They were put on the pegs 1 week early. I snagged a couple to go to the self-cashier, then the code wouldn't work and gave out an error message. A cashiers manager came in, looked at the code, went to the front service desk and came back telling me: "The code tells us that the product has been recalled due to lead painting problems. So we can't sell them. We need to put these back in the backroom for return. I'm really sorry about that."

That's completely stupid. I mean, the store employees don't know s**t about the street dates is one thing (accepting they do not read the labels on the boxes). But that the product was registered in Walmart computers with a misleading error code claiming for safety issues because it's trying to exit the store before the street date, that's plainly a bad strategic move from Walmart. I mean, if I were a parent being that for my kids and I had no clue about street date restrictions, I would have put the product aside, never to buy it again. I would even have warned my friends and relatives of the problem and advise them to avoid these products.

Basically, that's a real bad marketing move...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 24, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »

Or maybe they received instructions from Hasbro that it's ok to put the stuff out early.  Working at TRU for 10 years, this happened more often than not with street dated merch.  SW, GI Joe, Transformers etc, when movie related was street dated and would go out early if either Hasbro gave the ok, or the suits at head office sent the word to put it out. While I'm sure from time to time it is done in error, it's not always just the "dumbass employees".

I actually find your post and comment offensive to just lump together and assume everyone who works for minimum wage at retail as stupid and morons.  Maybe you'd prefer to do their job as they are obviously incompetent at it and should just go on unemployment or welfare and drain the system rather than pay into it.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 24, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »

Found Canto Bight Speeder and AWing at Walmart.  It's $44.97 each.  Too much for me.  I didn't get them. If they were $29.97, I would have bought it, but it looks like that'll be the price for the Vader and Probe Droid and the BalaTik set.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 24, 2017, 07:24:52 PM »

just picked awing up. i know price was higher then wanted but never had a awing in collection before and store only had one.
With Wookie Rage

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 24, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

Yeah, store I saw them at only had one of each as well. 

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 24, 2017, 07:44:53 PM »

skipped the speeder. look to odd lol. did not see anything else out yet thou. was expecting it to pop up no sales but no issue at all
With Wookie Rage
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 176   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169093
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 23
Total: 24

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 39 queries.