Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 02:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 321292 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #2355 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »

Or maybe they received instructions from Hasbro that it's ok to put the stuff out early.  Working at TRU for 10 years, this happened more often than not with street dated merch.  SW, GI Joe, Transformers etc, when movie related was street dated and would go out early if either Hasbro gave the ok, or the suits at head office sent the word to put it out. While I'm sure from time to time it is done in error, it's not always just the "dumbass employees".

I actually find your post and comment offensive to just lump together and assume everyone who works for minimum wage at retail as stupid and morons.  Maybe you'd prefer to do their job as they are obviously incompetent at it and should just go on unemployment or welfare and drain the system rather than pay into it.

I agree and I apologies for the tone and wording of my comments. I guess I was carried away but this, more than I should be. I'm way too into Star Wars toys in general and I lack the distance to digest things from another point of view. Guess I should learn what Obi-Wan was telling Luke.  Much to learn I still have. :tongue0024: :-\

To be quite frank, I take this too seriously and store employees probably don't give a damn about SW and toys in general. I know the people working in the toys aisles at the few WM stores (and TRU for that matter) I venture in simply do not care about these products. Most clerks I see when I pass the toy sections let the aisles in total chaos (one girl is a friend of my 18yo daughter and she really told me she doesn't give a f*** and she prefers to talk with her colleagues in the far reaches of the toy aisles rather than putting order on the shelves). They do not "own" their sections and couldn't care less about the mess in there. The Hell, were I to be paid at their low-salary I would probably do the same and leave the shelves in total chaos for weeks and weeks, like the stores I go to(or probably not. I know myself, I'd make sure I'd place everything where they belong... and I'd still be underpaid for it).

Anyway, I've experienced far worse at Toys'R'Us a few weeks later of FF1 two years ago. A clerk told a grandpa who was looking for a Poe figure that they didn't carry that toy. The employee then went into telling the customer (and old grandpa) that he shouldn't buy any Star Wars stuff, to go and check the Lego section instead, that Star Wars is crap and that there's much better toys than that. True story, believe it or not. I was i awe. And when the employee left the aisle, I went to talk to the grandpa and showed him the 4-5 Poe Dameron figures still hanging on the pegs. And helped the poor guy by answering a few questions and helped him find other toys for his grandson. Basically, I did that employee's job. Because the clerk, who was there to help sell toys, decided to rant about a toy line he didn't like.

Bottomline, I think that behavior is far worse than putting toys too early on a shelf... ;)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: August 24, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »

Went to a 2nd Walmart and they too had Speeder and AWING.  They had 2 each.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: August 24, 2017, 10:39:11 PM »

just picked awing up. i know price was higher then wanted but never had a awing in collection before and store only had one.

Got any opened pics? Would love to see pilot in the vehicle.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: August 25, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »

will try to get some pics up later today or during weekend. the figure does look nice. even looks like the virsor is adjustable up and down.
With Wookie Rage

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: August 25, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »

Found Wave 1 at my local Walmart today. At least 2 cases worth. The wall scanner gave the "ask employee" message, but they scanned without issue at the cash. Hoping to find Wave 2 early tomorrow at my other Walmart.

Wave 1 has Paige, Rose. Hux, Chewbacca, and C-3P0.

:fett:

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: August 25, 2017, 03:34:57 PM »

Found the Force Link Starter kits at Walmart...$40 each :sign0065:

I didn't bother trying to scan them, but there were around 20 on the pegs, and that's all there was.
CC1138

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: August 25, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »

So far, every Walmart around me just has the Canto Bight Speeder and A-Wing.  Hope to find the 6" figures. 

Arc66

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: August 25, 2017, 07:33:25 PM »

I got my hands on a BS Hera 6 at my local Walmart but didnt see any of the others from the wave.
It will be done my master.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: August 25, 2017, 09:29:58 PM »

The local Walmart had both waves of single 3.75 TLJ figures out. They also had on the pegs BS 6" figures #42-48 except for 44 and 46 - Rey and Luke. The figures available were Hera, Vader, Kylo, Thrawn and Stormtrooper. 12" figures were also out but I only saw Rey, Vader and FO Stormtroopers.

There were no vehicles out although I did see a Propel Incom T-65 X-Wing which is billed on the box as a "High Performance Battling Drone" for 249.97.

I didn't buy anything although given what other people have written it wouldn't have been a problem to buy them.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: August 25, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »

I went to one of the 2 Walmarts in my town and they had the 2 vehicles out they both scanned and I purchased them.
They also had the Forcelink starter kit $38.99 it did not scan and said see associate or something like that.
No 6" figures to be seen.
I only bought the vehicles to check out and then return them when I find them cheaper.
These prices are ridiculous I'll be going to Michigan on Force Friday, just to give you an example, the A-wing will be $29.99 over there with tax $31.79 with today's exchange rate that's only $41.00 Cdn why the heck would I pay $10 more if I have options to get it cheaper else where?
Target and Walmarts haven't even released their ads for next week yet, every year Target does coupons spend $100 get $25 off spend $50 get $10 off and I think Meijers was Buy one get one 40% off when the Rogue One figures came out.
Just to make myself clear I'm not trying to rub it in that I'll get stuff cheaper, I'm not the only person that lives in a border city, all I'm saying is, why do we put up with this crap in our country everything is so overpriced in Canada it's ridiculous.
It really isn't fair.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: August 26, 2017, 01:05:27 AM »

So sad right now, when I saw the pictures of the A-wing online it looked like it was a new mold but, it's not, it's the Hera one repainted.
On the back of the box they have used photo manipulation to make it look as if it is larger because when I stand the pilot next to it in the same position shown on the packaging she looks way bigger than in the picture.
I have looked at it from every angle and I'm sure they have messed with the sizes somehow.
I really feel that this is false advertising.
I've been a collector for over 26 years now and I own at least one of every vehicle released since 1995. This does not include re-releases. For example, I have the Millennium Falcon from 1995 and 2010 BMF but not the ones that came out after or in between, I only have so much room.
However,  I have looked at packaging from every other release of the same molds; I've seen them use odd angles or forced perspective to sometimes imply that a vehicle is a little larger than it actually is but nothing like this.
I just looked at the Hera A-wing packaging online, since I returned that piece of podoo about 24 hours after I bought it,  and they didn't do it for that packaging. She looks huge standing in front of her A-Wing.
Wow Hasbro/Disney if this was the same size as the 80's version I would have bought 3-4 of them...now I'm already thinking about returning the one I bought and purchasing the pilot off Ebay, when the prices drop, or just wait until clearance.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:22:25 AM by 66jedikiller66 »

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: August 26, 2017, 01:33:06 AM »

I digress this isn't the Hera mold but, I'm still confused because it is way too small and Hasbro seriously did some manipulation with the picture.

DarthSlaad

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: August 26, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »

So sad right now, when I saw the pictures of the A-wing online it looked like it was a new mold but, it's not, it's the Hera one repainted.
On the back of the box they have used photo manipulation to make it look as if it is larger because when I stand the pilot next to it in the same position shown on the packaging she looks way bigger than in the picture.
I have looked at it from every angle and I'm sure they have messed with the sizes somehow.
I really feel that this is false advertising.
I've been a collector for over 26 years now and I own at least one of every vehicle released since 1995. This does not include re-releases. For example, I have the Millennium Falcon from 1995 and 2010 BMF but not the ones that came out after or in between, I only have so much room.
However,  I have looked at packaging from every other release of the same molds; I've seen them use odd angles or forced perspective to sometimes imply that a vehicle is a little larger than it actually is but nothing like this.
I just looked at the Hera A-wing packaging online, since I returned that piece of podoo about 24 hours after I bought it,  and they didn't do it for that packaging. She looks huge standing in front of her A-Wing.
Wow Hasbro/Disney if this was the same size as the 80's version I would have bought 3-4 of them...now I'm already thinking about returning the one I bought and purchasing the pilot off Ebay, when the prices drop, or just wait until clearance.

Look at this youtube video around 6:20 for a size comparison of TLJ A-Wing vs. all the previous A-Wings. It's really different from Hera's and the size is similar to the Vintage/POTF A-Wing:
https://youtu.be/h89e2UdpF5s

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: August 26, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »

So the length looks to be about "right" as far as comparison to the vintage/POTF2 mold, but it's less beefy in the rear engine area. I know which one Sir Mixxalot would prefer.  :character0005:

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: August 26, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »

The local Walmart had both waves of single 3.75 TLJ figures out. They also had on the pegs BS 6" figures #42-48 except for 44 and 46 - Rey and Luke. The figures available were Hera, Vader, Kylo, Thrawn and Stormtrooper. 12" figures were also out but I only saw Rey, Vader and FO Stormtroopers.
I didn't buy anything although given what other people have written it wouldn't have been a problem to buy them.

Went back this morning and the 6-inch figures had been restocked so all 7 were available including Rey and Luke. No problem buying figures as I picked some up for another collector.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 176   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169071
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 33
Total: 36

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 39 queries.