Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 03:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 362182 times)

Del Starkiller

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #2400 on: September 01, 2017, 08:45:24 AM »

cmdstore.ca has the excutineour stormtrooper up for 34.99 . went to local walmart at 8 before work and had nothing. asked 2 people and were very rude saying that is all there getting. and walked away

With shipping it's over 50 bucks though

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 01, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »

cheaper then driving to states getting one then with exchange. lol
With Wookie Rage

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 01, 2017, 10:44:25 AM »

So... I don't know about you guys, but after visiting two Walmarts and a Toys R Us I can officially say that this Force Friday was, for me, lacklustre.

At the stores visited, there were no:

1)  Force link bracelet packs
2)  Beast packs
3)  Two packs (despite them being out before the street date at one of the Walmarts!)
4)  Black Series Speeders (Luke or Rey's)
5)  Black Series Centrepiece sets
6)  3.75 inch Black Series figures
7)  Black Series Wave II (perhaps not a surprise)

In terms of availability, online seemed the better course of option for the most part...  but even then it was hit and miss.

Did anyone order the Snoke/Guards 4-pack from Gamestop?  I tried but it wouldn't go through.

Sigh!

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: September 01, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »

Each Walmart I think got one of the display pieces that come pre-filled with figures.  It had multiples of Wv1 of the 3.75" 5POA figures and a role play lightsaber.

For BS 6", they got 12 total.  1 Hera, 1 Thrawn, and then 2 each of Stormtrooper, Vader, Rey, Ren, and Luke.

Basically if you want Hera and Thrawn, you better hope no one else who wanted them got there before you.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=23511.msg214395#msg214395
Wants:
BD42 - dark bearded Hoth Trooper
Both Rebel Soldiers from the Defense of Hoth sets
VC68 - Echo Base Rebel Trooper

Feedback: http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5187.0

chaingunsofdoom

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • BWA HA HA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 01, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »

Disney store has very little... $34 Elites. Kylo, Rey, R2 (again!), Praetorian, Luke, and Executioner.

No 4 pack of BS6. But they had Porg for $60 and stuffed ones for $14 ish.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 01, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »

My experience was pretty much the same as Ookk.  Very disappointing.  I fared a little better at Disney Store.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: September 01, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »

Ookk summed it up well. The one Walmart I hit this morning a couple staff  had no clue what I was talking about. But apparently I wasn't the first one to ask when I went in at 7:30 this morning.

A bunch of empty pegs with about three or four figures from the new film. They didn't even have a display box and when I asked.... nope nothing that they were aware of. They were friendly about it but definitely bewildered.

I had much better luck online getting basically everything I wanted from either TRU or Walmart.  Between the two I think you could get nearly everything though neither one had it all and what they did have was available at different times. I didn't see Hera and Thrawn on TRU.ca until Luke and Rey were sold out. And at one point hera and Thrawn were showing up for me on my phone but not on my laptop when I did the same search.

And Walmart.ca doesn't seem to want to let me do pickup for an order. Some weird glitches along the way.

Anyway much like last time the brick and mortar stores were pretty much useless to me. But online worked out with some persistence.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 01, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »

So I arrived pretty early at my TRU... shocked to find tons of those Canto police speeders (that no one really seems to want, or at least pay $45 for) but no A-Wings at all.  Apparently my store didn't get any.

And only one case of 6" figures. ONE. CASE. That is really amazing. Collectors who came after me also seemed bewildered at such a low number of new 6" figures to buy. The 3.75" 5POA stuff, despite being on sale, didn't seem to interest anyone, although I did buy a 5POA old Luke but that was it. It turned out to be amazingly lackluster.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 01, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »

Went to the closest Walmart to me (30 minutes away) at lunch. They had a display with the 6 inch figure, the three inch figures and some lightsabers. I grabbed the Hera, Thrawn, Luke and Rey that I wanted and Paige, Rose and Luke. I was thinking that the rest of the stuff will be in the actual Star Wars section.

Boy was I wrong.

A couple Force link bracelets and a Cando Bight speeder. Nothing else.

In the Lego section there was...nothing. Not a single new Lego set.

So I asked the stock person in Toys where the rest of the TLJ stuff was. He just looked at me like I was asking him how to build a rocket. So I found the Associate for the section and the response I got was:

We'll get it all out eventually.

They would rather only put some stuff out at a time so they can sell it first. By the time the rest comes out, most of us will have got it at TRU or online.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 01, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »

I see TRU.ca took down the links for the Chirrut/Baze and Rose/BB-8/BB-9E multipacks. I guess they'll be part of Orange Wave 2. On that note BBTS has a list of the next wave of figures:

-Jyn Erso
 -DJ Canto Bight
 -Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile)
 -R2-D2
 -General Leia Organa
 -Rey (Island Journey)

:fett:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 01, 2017, 03:48:46 PM »

Both Walmarts I went to only had A-Wings and Canto Speeders they had out before and one shipper display case of  new stuff.

If TRU got the A-Wing, I would have gotten it as all the 3.75" stuff seemed to be on sale.  Just not willing to pay $44 for it, but if it were like $30, then it'd be an instant buy.

Overall, all I got was a Hera, Thrawn and the 6" Rey, which I might refund after seeing pics of the Deluxe one.
B/S/T list:
Wants:

DarthSlaad

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 01, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »

-Jyn Erso
 -DJ Canto Bight
 -Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile)
 -R2-D2
 -General Leia Organa
 -Rey (Island Journey)

Jyn Erso, again ?!

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 01, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »

If you buy anything Star Wars at the Disney Store today, make sure to get your set of mini posters. Haven't opened mine yet but it comes in a black envelope with a TLJ logo on it.

Limited to one per person.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: September 01, 2017, 04:06:51 PM »

My hunt started early - eyes popped open at 345 & wouldn't pop back closed.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Checked the websites & didn't find anything I wanted to order.

Showered up & made my way to the first of 3 WMs I would hit before work - NOTHING out at opening. Nothing. No things. Myself & one other fan present, asked for a bit of help but no one appeared. I checked back later in the day & found the same small "skid worth" of stuff I saw at store 2, but picked over. No purchases made on either trip.

WM 2 had the aforementioned skid worth. It was a cardboard aisle standee with space for a few 12" figures (no interest to me), a few basic 5POA figures which I left as they only had Rey & there were more fans looking around (plus I want the better version anyhow). No purchases.

WM 3 had the same standee, less picked over even though it was 730 by this time. I did manage to get a half decent looking 5POA Rey & Old Luke at this store then departed for work.

Managed to sneak out at 1000 to hit TRU and found the same Rey & Luke for less $ so I purchased the same 2 figures I had earlier with a view toward returning the first ones. TRU had the best selection by far - I saw 6" Thrawn and Hera here as well as Old Luke and Rey. The only 6" figures I saw all day, other than few Vaders & the odd Stormtrooper spread throughout the 3 WMs.

All in all, I think they slow-played this Force Friday all around, but particularly WM. They have plans on their pegs for WAY more stuff than showed up today. My strong preference would be for them to load up on the initial stuff so we can all get what we want, even though I know that leads to clogged pegs later.

Sad conclusion: the list of things I would have purchased had they been available:

6" Lando & ERG along with 3.75" Black Series Rey & Luke - not a huge score for the retailer but $100 is $100, and no one wanted mine this am.  :(

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 01, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »

Honestly, I felt that FF II in Canada should have been labeled as FU II.  (and I don't mean Force Unleashed)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:35:32 PM by Darth Woo »
B/S/T list:
Wants:

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 184   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170145
  • Total Topics: 14398
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 38 queries.