Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2018, 04:30:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 338112 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #2640 on: January 27, 2018, 02:14:56 PM »

The last time I was returning something a sketchy dude was bringing back a coffee maker with more clear tape on it than 50 coffee maker boxes should have. They started the process of removing all that tape to check inside, so he grabbed it away from the lady & left.  :shakehead:

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 27, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »

The last time I was returning something a sketchy dude was bringing back a coffee maker with more clear tape on it than 50 coffee maker boxes should have. They started the process of removing all that tape to check inside, so he grabbed it away from the lady & left.  :shakehead:

There are some strange folk out there. LOL
I'm just looking forward to the Solo figures coming out. Word is only one wave of 12 figures is being put out on Wookiee weekend along with the 2 packs and vehicles.

:fett:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 27, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

Toys R Us is better. I refunded a Marvel Legends two pack and the guy was checking the tape and making sure it was legit. Guy was probably a fan cause we started chatting about Marvel Legends toys and the movie.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 27, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »

Walmarts are starting to get the new 2 packs in. Just saw at my local Walmart in Kirkland that someone swiped Rose, her blaster and BB-9E and shoved Baze and his gun in their slots leaving only BB-8 and the big gun.  :sign0065:

That's awful.  >:( Never saw that 2-pack still at retail. Got mine from another source. They are out?

I've seen so many disgusting swapped stuff at Walmart over the last few months and years. Transformers replaced by Marvel Superheores. And the opposite: a yellow car Transformer (typically very mechanical looking) in a 6" Marvel Superheroes box. A bendy Drogo from Games of Thrones (no idea which line that came from) replacing a 6inches Thor. A BB-8 from the TFA 3pack replaced by a Hot Wheel car! Plenty of basic SW 5POA cards ripped opens with figures or accessories or both missing, still hanging on the pegs or laying on the shelves.

Walmart stores are becoming a place of ridiculous findings. The stores employees (especially in the toy sections) simply don't care and leave the area like a mess. The clerks at the customer service counter are the worse I think, for accepting almost anything back. It reminds me of Zellers stores where you could see the exact same things...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 27, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »

Toys R Us is better. I refunded a Marvel Legends two pack and the guy was checking the tape and making sure it was legit. Guy was probably a fan cause we started chatting about Marvel Legends toys and the movie.

I dunno if TRU is better. Last week, I've seen a bunch of Black Series 3.75" Walmart exclusive Leias on the pegs at TRU. Those figures are not even sold by TRU. How come they could provide a refund and put it back on the pegs is a mystery...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: January 27, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »

I dunno if TRU is better. Last week, I've seen a bunch of Black Series 3.75" Walmart exclusive Leias on the pegs at TRU. Those figures are not even sold by TRU. How come they could provide a refund and put it back on the pegs is a mystery...

Well... that's a new one. The weirdest find of mine ever was a Gentle Giant Clone Wars Obi Wan bust at Jean Coutu of all places. For $35. Needless to say, I bought it right away.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:59:22 AM by Mandalore1988 »

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 28, 2018, 12:32:57 PM »

I just saw a new one at the TRU in Pointe-Claire. Someone swapped out the Praetorian from the Rey 2 Pack and stuffed in TFA Han(without his jacket) and his build-a-weapon part.

Meanwhile they've filled at least 9 full pegs of series 1 and 2 of R1 figures again. LOL  :speechless-smiley-004:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:30:18 PM by Mandalore1988 »

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 29, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »

I just saw a new one at the TRU in Pointe-Claire. Someone swapped out the Praetorian from the Rey 2 Pack and stuffed in TFA Han(without his jacket) and his build-a-weapon part.

Meanwhile they've filled at least 9 full pegs of series 1 and 2 of R1 figures again. LOL  :speechless-smiley-004:

With product like this, no wonder they are having problems. Hasbro must have made a ton of Force Awakens and Rogue One figures. They are everywhere.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 29, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »

With product like this, no wonder they are having problems. Hasbro must have made a ton of Force Awakens and Rogue One figures. They are everywhere.

I've actually stopped seeing TFA for the most part. 1 or 2 still hang at various Jean Coutu locations near me. Of course there's the mandatory one Zuvio that still hides on the pegs at Walmart.

I'm hoping Solo figures are easy to find.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 29, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »

Nothing new in my area as of this morning.  Walmart’s pegs are almost bare.  Now planograms are up, so there is hope.
Nothing new at the Disney Store either.

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 29, 2018, 12:25:10 PM »

Did anyone see the TRU debacle?  Yesterday in both canada and the us collectors were posting that the new 6 inch wave found at TRU was ringing up at the till for as low as 2 dollars.   :sign0065: I know my area hasnt seen that wave yet.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 29, 2018, 12:35:11 PM »

Did anyone see the TRU debacle?  Yesterday in both canada and the us collectors were posting that the new 6 inch wave found at TRU was ringing up at the till for as low as 2 dollars.   :sign0065: I know my area hasnt seen that wave yet.

I read some of that on JTA forum,  not about Canada though. I thought they were talking about target stores.  I will reread again tonight. But wouldn't that be a nice surprise at check out! :luke:
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 29, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »

The canadian report was on a facebook page Darth Derek  :u:

Mongo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I Am The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 30, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »

Anyone finding the newest black series 3.75 figs yet? The Ponda baba/ Boba Fett wave.
A friend once asked me, "Why does a movie have such a grip on my life?" I am waiting for a good answer still.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 30, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »

When I went to Walmart, I saw they re-stocked the Jyn Erso wave.  They had Jyn, Ashoka, Lando and Ackbar left.  I don't actually remember what else was in there.  The Deathtrooper? 
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169431
  • Total Topics: 14376
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 58
Total: 59

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 39 queries.