Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 01:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

21 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC04 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) With pictures  (Read 927 times)

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
TVC04 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) With pictures
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »

Alright, so I wanted to start regular reviews here on Snowtroopers, but was having trouble deciding which figure to start with. So after much ado, I decided a good place to start would be TVC-04 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues).

So to start, theres the packaging. When you go into stores what do you see, well you see the same card that was seen on the VTSC release of Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues).  For carded collectors this doesn't add any newness with the cardback. It would've been nice to see him on the alternate cardback, but hey we can dream can't we.

Next up we get to the figure itself, which many collectors and kids find to be the point where the fun begins.  Luke is a brand new sculpt, with in my opinion an amazing likeness to Mark Hamill during Empire.  Apart from the Headsculpt, he features 14 points of articulation. Swivel Wrists, Ball-hinged hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, torso and head. With this new body sculpt also added are new weapon sculpts. He comes complete with a new blaster and lightsaber sculpt. The new lightsaber sculpts hilt can plug directly into a hole on his belt, and the blaster can fit in its holster.

Now that I've talked about what's new and what he's got, let's talk about what he can do and what he can't. I myself have been able to get him in various different poses all coming from Empire, and he looks great with his blaster or wielding his lightsaber.  Time for what he can't do, one of those things is sit down straight legged, they will always move to the side on an angle, thanks the the ball hinged hips, and his "diaper" waist as people call it. Another thing he struggles with occasionally is holding his saber in a two handed position.
So final thoughts. Overall its an accurate representation of Luke Skywalker in his Bespin Fatigues, from Empire, much better in my opinion than the VTSC one. He is super articulated which is a plus in my books, but in others makes him look like he's wearing the "Diaper" which detracts from the figure. He is on scale with other figures and isn't too short with others that were recently released (Here's looking at you 3PO).  I myself like the figure and feel it was well worth the 10$ I spent on it. So if you can find one, I'd encourage you to pick one up, He'll look great with the other figures and has lots of potential for customizers as well.

- Slizer 26
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:32:43 PM by Slizer 26 »

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: TVC04 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) With pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »

Great review Slizer. This has got to be one of my favorite Star Wars figures. Even his 'diaper', doesn't bother me all that much. It just is a great figure all the way around. And looks amazing when fighting Vader!
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »

Thanks, he quickly rose in the ranks of one of my all time favourite Lukes after I got to pose him a bit. The "Diaper" doesnt bug me much either mostly because he can recreate the ESB poses with the Vader.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »

I've gotten used to the diaper look on this figure but there's one thing that still bugs me: orange hair.  Not sure why he has orange-painted hair. At first I thought it was just mine and a fluke, but I saw two of them later on and they all have orange hair. Yuck.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »

You know, ive never really noticed that until now. It doesn't really bug me, and I still think its a great figure, but like alot of Hasbro's work, it sometimes isnt for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170177
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 37 queries.