Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 04:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

51 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC07 - Dak Ralter  (Read 1721 times)

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
TVC07 - Dak Ralter
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »

My next six reviews will all focus around a central theme. The Battle of Hoth. This review will focus on a new figure never before made by Hasbro. TVC07: Dak Ralter, luke Skywalkers Gunner during The Battle of Hoth. Brand new in 2010 for "The Vintage Collection" this is the first time that Dak has ever been made.

Like any figure from this new Vintage Collection, he comes on the Vintage Throwback card. Being a first ever and not appearing back in the 80s his card is a brand new Hasbro design, featuring a picture of Dak just before the Battle of Hoth. In my opinion he looks spectacular carded and feels right in this new line.

Once Dak is loose from his card and bubble it can be seen that Dak isn't as "All New" as it is to be believed, he uses the Snowspeeder Pilot Sculpt from the Rebel Pilot evolutions sets from 2008. With a new head and differently painted helmet. With that being said he still looks good beside Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot) even if the colours of the Flight Suits don't match. He features your standard articulation, with Ball hinged elbows, shoulders, knees, torso, ankles and head, with swivel hips and gloves.  Another complaint about the figure comes down to personal opinion. Dak's head doesn't resemble Dak as closely as other head sculpts do. I believe it comes from the facial expression, Dak normally isn't seen with that look on his face so it's not what is expected when thinking of Dak. Another complaint is the paint on the helmet, it is underpainted compared to other helmets released during the years, the main part where this can be seen is on the chinstrap. The transluscent lense yellow colour that was used to cast the whole helmet was not painted on the chinstrap and can be seen. Mostly while the helmet is on Dak's head. The Alliance Starbirds on his helemt are also painted incorrectly as on one point they curl and begin to spiral, while on the other side remain normal.  Another problem with the helmet is it's a bit oversized and does not like to sit correctly on his head and will remove his head off the joint while trying to remove it from his head.  Dak's accessories are also simple being that they are a pistol and the rebel rifle. Both fit well in Dak's hands and don't seem out of place. Well the rifle is a bit on a pilot, but the pistol not so much.

Overall he is another great addition to help round out our Rebel Pilots, and something that goes great with Empire's 30th and the Hoth Focus that has started this year's Star Wars line.  Is he worth the 10$, in my opinion yes for his usefulness with the new Snowspeeder and AT-AT, but as I said it's my opinion, and I would recommend buying him, even with the Helmet flaws.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:10:29 PM by Slizer 26 »

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: TVC07 - Dak Ralter
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »

Good work, Slizer - keep the reviews coming!

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:46:33 PM »

Thank you Brianakarobin, the next one will be up either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »

I was a bit confused with the look on Dak's face when I first saw it. But I do really like this figure. Even if all he is doing on my shelf is sitting in a Snowspeeder.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »

Yeah he sits on my shelf in the snowspeeder with Luke hoping in like this

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »

Thats pretty sweet. I love the new Snowspeeder.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »

Its a great little thing and its gonna be one of my next reviews, im going to find an image hosting site soon that will let me put up my whole collection.

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 01:48:45 AM »

This could be just me, but I'm getting the feeling that Dak's jumpsuit color more reflects the prop costume used in the movie, than luke's does. But then again, I'm not really sure which would be more correct. Dak seems less "neon" orange than luke.
I do not like green eggs and ham!

Tilley

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »

Great review! I've been waiting for a Dack figure since I was around 7 years old!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 37 queries.