Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Classic Review" - BD51: Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot)  (Read 1317 times)

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
"Classic Review" - BD51: Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot)
« on: August 30, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »

The first ever "Classic" review, and the second of six "Battle of Hoth" reviews is here. This time for BD51: Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot).  At time of release he is an all new figure, with the exception of the lightsaber hilt and possibly the helmet.

Carded appearance, looks the same as all the legacy releases with the exception of the artists rendition of Luke Skywalker in the upper corner. There's not as much to say with this, as it doesn't hold some of the value like the Vintage cards do.

The meat of the purchase is of course Luke himself.  There is alot to say about this figure, alot of it good with some bad. So let's start with the good. He has Ball Jointed, Head, torso, ankles, knees, shoulders and elbows, with Swivel hips and gloves. His head sculpt, is an amazing likeness to Mark Hamill during Empire, at least in my opinion. HIs overall flight suit sculpt is impressive, every detail has been captured right down to the rank badge on the left side of his chest. The belt that is sculpted on to the suit has mulitiple pouches and clips on it, and a close to proper belt buckle. Even the detail on the boots is there, and now to the paint apps. The paint apps can sometimes make or break a figure,  and with Luke, they help make him so great. The correct two tones on the gloves, the silver accents on the belt, his visible hair and his skin tone. One thing that might not be correct is the colour of the flight suit. The coat is the correct colour where the pants should be a shade darker, but all modern snowspeeder pilots, with the exception of Zev Senesca have one coloured suits. Now here are the pitfalls of the figure, the main thing being the hands, they are awkwardly posed and will in turn put the grappling gun on a weird angle as with the saber. This could have been done for the upcoming AT-AT as when he is hanging from it, the saber looks to be correct for the scene. The helmet itself is nicely painted, but has a tendency to get stuck on his head and during removal, remove his head from the Ball joint. Now accessory wise this figure has a Saber hilt, and grappling gun complete with hook, not a magnet like in the movie. This seems a little confusing as to why it was done, but it is removable, and was most likely done for "play value". The other thing that is confusing is the lack of a lit lightsaber, but if you have the Medical Frigate Luke he has one that can be given to this one. I myself just use one of the multiple ROTS Anakin sabers that are lying around. 

The pack in for the Legacy Collection was the Build-a-Droid. Luke comes with HK-50s head and rifle , a good usefulness for these are with other BAD parts that have been collected over time, if there is no desire to get the rest of the wave.

Overall this is a spectacular figure with pros that outway the cons, and for those who missed it, he will be avaiable in the 2010 Saga Legends Wave 2 assortment. I'd reccomend getting him if you like Empire, Hoth or have the new Snowspeeder and desire a pilot to go with it.

-Slizer 26

Obi-Roy Kenobi

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "Classic Review" - BD51: Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »

Great review of a great figure!  :)`

Collect the Sith, We must!!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:36:59 PM »

Great review. This is one of my favorite Legacy Colletion figures. His head sculpt is just amazing. I am very glad that he is coming out again in the SL line, he was very scarse in my area and I need another to hang from the AT-AT.  :)
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »

Thanks for the comments, I thought maybe at the next TRU sale if hes around, about getting another to hang from the AT-AT, with that being said, i found the clip works best being on the Shoulder joint, or plugging the grappling gun front peg into the hole on the clip for the line, it works well, and allows you to acually hang him without his hands on the gun.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »

Thanks Slizer, I'll have to try that out.
My Have/Want list:

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:22:51 PM »

Just tryin to help the fellow troopers

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »

Thats what makes this board such a great place.
My Have/Want list:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170170
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 65
Total: 67

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 38 queries.