Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC17 General Grievous  (Read 3217 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
TVC17 General Grievous
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:19:29 AM »

I haven't picked one up myself yet, but I was just looking at the newly posted pics of the new Grievous over at rebelscum, and I have to say, it looks like a pretty sweet figure! I wasn't planning on picking up much of anything from this wave, but now that I've seen this, I might have to make at least one exception. The detail is just great, and the separating forearms are a big improvement over older versions. (I know it is similar to the TLC version, but I missed out on that one). The new cape is also a great addition to the figure. I think I will have to make this the one figure I pick up from this wave... and perhaps a new MagnaGuard to go with.

Anyone already own one who can post a more "in person" review? I'd love to hear your comments.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: TVC17 General Grievous
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »

I have the TLC version, but I want the soft goods cape that the Vintage offers. So I'll probably be picking this up.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »

I too have the TLC version. And I actually have a love/hate relationship with that figure. He looks very impressive, but as soon as I think how great he looks, he unexpectedly knocks down all around him on the shelf. And from what I have read the Vintage version is made out of the same bendy plastic. This is the only reason I am slightly hesitant about picking up the Vintage version. I do really like the cape, and it might just be enough to make me want one. We'll have to see when I find one. The Vintage one has a way better looking head too.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

I too have the TLC version. And I actually have a love/hate relationship with that figure. He looks very impressive, but as soon as I think how great he looks, he unexpectedly knocks down all around him on the shelf.

Ugh....totally.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »

I too have the TLC version. And I actually have a love/hate relationship with that figure. He looks very impressive, but as soon as I think how great he looks, he unexpectedly knocks down all around him on the shelf.

Ugh....totally.

I am assuming that the use of a display stand would solve this problem. Or does he fall over even with a stand?

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »

It would probably help. Although he doesn't have any holes in the bottoms of his feet. I have heard of others who have just drilled holes, I haven't yet, I wonder if it works well?
My Have/Want list:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »

Really? I didn't know that... hmm, I can see your frustration then. Perhaps a drilled hole would be the best way to go. I guess I'll have to wait and see once I pick one up.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »

This is pretty much the most stable position I can have him in, but even like this he's a mere light breeze or floor shake away from falling over. The trick is getting him slightly leaning forward so that his front talons are holding all his weight. It's a fine balancing game. A little to much forward and he'll fall on his face.

I'm sorry...pay no attention to the naked John Marston in back ground. He's a work in progress.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:33:38 AM »

[quote author=RyDel link=topic=21149.msg190802#msg190802 date=1286830369.

I'm sorry...pay no attention to the naked John Marston in back ground. He's a work in progress.
[/quote]

I gotta say, it's a little distracting..... :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

I had a good look at this figure in the US this past weekend. The cloak has really vibrant coloring & the scale of the figure is much better than the first versions of Grevious - however I just couldn't part with the $10 for him (or Ani, Obi or the Clone for that matter - just feels like I have too many ROTS figures as it is).

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 01:04:36 PM »

... however I just couldn't part with the $10 for him (or Ani, Obi or the Clone for that matter - just feels like I have too many ROTS figures as it is).

I agree, I'm not planning on picking up much of this wave. Probably just 2 figs, and even then I'll wait for a sale.
I just picked up the Legacy of the Dark Side Grievous 2-pack this morning from TRU, which I'm guessing includes a repack of the TLC Grievous, so I'm definitely waiting for a good sale before picking up this new one now. I'm not spending $10 for a cape.

eifwen2009

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »

This is pretty much the most stable position I can have him in, but even like this he's a mere light breeze or floor shake away from falling over. The trick is getting him slightly leaning forward so that his front talons are holding all his weight. It's a fine balancing game. A little to much forward and he'll fall on his face.

Dude your John Marston looks like a Chuck Norris. Most people wear Superman pajamas, Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas, lol
"Basca"

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »

Dude your John Marston looks like a Chuck Norris.

Perhaps from afar and unpainted he does.  :tongue0024:

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »

That John Marston looks pretty sweet. He's got the whole gunslinger stance going on there. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I still can't believe how well you got your Grevious to stand. My GG's ankles bend inward making it impossible to stand flat.
My Have/Want list:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »

That John Marston looks pretty sweet. He's got the whole gunslinger stance going on there. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I still can't believe how well you got your Grevious to stand. My GG's ankles bend inward making it impossible to stand flat.

Really...wow. He must have had some bad bendage when he was packed.

I'll post pics of the progress of the John Marston as it comes. At the moment I'm waiting on lots of stuff that needs to be customized.  ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169109
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 37 queries.