Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 04:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Annual Snowtroopers Diaroma Contest  (Read 9183 times)

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Second Annual Snowtroopers Diaroma Contest
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »

well, life happens and I know the holiday season isn't the best time to do these contests. we did not reach our minimum of 10 participants. I don't want to come off as a !@#@! but I will be unable to award a prize. I will however send a bunch of figures to everyone who participated (I just ask that you pay the shipping cost). If interested, pm me your address - shipping will probably be $10-$15).

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to participate in my little contest. It was a true pleasure getting to view the results - you guys are all amazing.

I will do this again next year, and will award TWO prizes (first & second place) to make up for this year. We will however still need at least 10 entries. I am thinking of doing the contest from October 1/2011 to Dec.1/2011, so start planning now!

Sanjai

Obi-Roy Kenobi

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 10:34:27 AM »

well, life happens and I know the holiday season isn't the best time to do these contests. we did not reach our minimum of 10 participants. I don't want to come off as a !@#@! but I will be unable to award a prize. I will however send a bunch of figures to everyone who participated (I just ask that you pay the shipping cost). If interested, pm me your address - shipping will probably be $10-$15).

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to participate in my little contest. It was a true pleasure getting to view the results - you guys are all amazing.

I will do this again next year, and will award TWO prizes (first & second place) to make up for this year. We will however still need at least 10 entries. I am thinking of doing the contest from October 1/2011 to Dec.1/2011, so start planning now!

Sanjai

Hey Sanjai,

You set the timeframe for eligibility then even extended it for the contest. You have nothing to apologize about!!!

Thanks for setting the contest up. Count me in for next year. :)`

PM on the way.

Collect the Sith, We must!!

Grand_Moff_Rob

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rockin' 'da 'Wars' since '77......
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »

Huge thanks again to our organizer and patron, Sanjai! To those who previously committed to this but couldn't find time to finish: no probs, everyone gets swamped this time of year, but, for next contest, drop a note before the due date to let those around you know you're out. Maybe an earlier contest?

I thought it [Star Wars] was too wacky for the general public.

- George Lucas quote...

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »

Thanks for the opportunity! It was my first time and I had fun! I'll start planning for the next one, hopefully I'll be able to spend more time on props, etc. So many of the entries were quite inspiring. It would be neat to see a "behind-the-scenes" look at how some were put together!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »

I'm guilty of not completing my entry. Sorry guys, I just couldn't pull it together. I was even trying to come up with something simple as an alternate on the last day but it would have just been a throw in and I didn't think it would be fair to Sanjai to slap something together just for the sake of an entry.

I hate not doing something I said I would. Again, sorry. My bad big time.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

O man, I am one of the guilty as well. I was so pumped and excited about this years contest! I had a bunch of ideas. I had all my sets and pieces all ready to go. And then life kinda got in the way of fun, and I struggled just to find time to sit down and start it. I am sorry everyone. I am feeling pretty bad that I jumped into this contest all ready to go, and kinda just fell back closer to the end.

I must say though, that all of this years entries were very amazing! Maybe subconsciously my brain was telling me that I didn't have a chance. lol. Great job everyone. And thanks to ambasah for starting all of this. Happy New Year to everyone on the forum!
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »

I really wanted to partake in the fun, but really didn't have the time. I've got tons of ideas, and figured that I might start to work on somethings in case next year the contest is held again.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:31 AM »

to those who pm'ed me, I will have your figures sent this weekend. sorry for the delay.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »

Got my figures today from Sanjai, it was like Christmas all over again!
Thanks so much for holding the contest, and for all the prizes you sent out!
Looking forward to next year, you all better have an entry!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »

I say we do one in the summer! At least then I can build one in the garage.  :)
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »

Yeah, I had a major life SNAFU that messed with my plans (I won't get into it, but arrgh!). Anyway, sorry about being MIA for awhile.

On a happier note, the dioramas that were done were fantastic! Nice job everyone!

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 06:15:44 PM »

I picked up my consolation prizes from Sanjai last week, and what a great collection of figures he put together for me.  I thought I had everything but he still found a couple that I didn't have in my collection...so a big thanks goes out to him!  Looking forward to participating again in 2011.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 03:37:32 PM »

I am one of the big losers, also.  I am really sorry, guys.  We had another baby (our fifth) which made life that much more hectic.  not only did I not do the dio, but I went about 6 months without even visiting snowtroopers :shakehead:  Anyway, Meghan is our last one, so I can't use that excuse next time around! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169107
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 37 queries.