Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2018, 11:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 1740 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Republic Attack Shuttle
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »

enjoy!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »

Waitaminute, if that white figure next to it is any indication of size then this is far smaller than I would've thought it would be for a BMF-class vehicle.  I'm thinking that this must've been originally slated for the same deluxe vehicle line as the CW Y-Wing and then got moved to the BMF line when the Y-Wing flopped...  it's too small to be a BMF vehicle IMO.  :confused0024:
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »

Waitaminute, if that white figure next to it is any indication of size then this is far smaller than I would've thought it would be for a BMF-class vehicle.  I'm thinking that this must've been originally slated for the same deluxe vehicle line as the CW Y-Wing and then got moved to the BMF line when the Y-Wing flopped...  it's too small to be a BMF vehicle IMO.  :confused0024:

I agree.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »

It does look smaller than the BMF, or around maybe the size of the Turbo Tank, but Im thinking Im in depending on the cost of it.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »

I'm just happy to see it! I was actually a bit worried that I wouldn't have the space for one after the BMF, AT-TE and AT-AT.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »

It almost looks smaller than the Gunship. We might be able to get a better idea of the size if we saw a side view. Didn't Hasbro say in a past Q&A that the next Big vehicle would be under $100? It is a great looking ship though, I wonder if it comes with some kind of stand?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »

Cmdr Bacara

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I whacked Ki-Adi Mundi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:29:42 PM »

Looks a little smallish from the pic, but still a nice ship.  Definitely on the shopping list.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »

The size seems quite okay for me... for what it's worth in terms of attractive item in the vehicle brand, that is. Having it bigger would mean: 1) more shelve space, which I'm short of; 2) more pricey, which we all agree we can have a break from time to time; 3) too much plastic for the play value you can get out of this kind of ship.

I agree the ship would have been better slotted in the Large Size vehicle line, along with the Y Bomber, the X-Wing or the Large wings Tie Fighter. It's certainly not comparable to the Turbo Tank or the AT-TE, and certainly not comprable to the AT-AT, and is light years away from the BMF.

I was thinking of skipping this ship, but it looks good so I think it deserves a second thought. But I may consider maybe buying it later, when sales are hitting and keeping the costs down around the 60% value. The AT-AT being found around 50$ here and below 25$ in the US is honestly an insult to a buyer's decision to buy the item in the first place. It's hurting when I see these sales going on. But I guess it's my fault for being impatient.

So I need to pounder on this for the time being, but maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the thing in action at Toy Fair. I'm just hoping that Hasbro Canada won't do the same stupid move of removing all the character lines from Canadian AT-AT the sound chip. But I've learned from my mistake: next one will come from down the border, if I ever get this one that is.

I think the question below should be our first question of 2011 in our next Q&A:

"With the ridiculous move of removing all the character voices from the soundchip of the big marvelous AT-AT vehicle last year, Hasbro has decreased the value of the most awaited Star Wars toy of the last decade. It's quite insulting for the Canadian collector market and forced many to reconsider buying the item at all. And I bet you can see this in your final 2010 sales reports. That being said, can you promise us this won't be the line of action Hasbro will decide to follow for future large products being released here in Canada? We've all read reports and seen pictures from the Toy Fair UK show of the cool (**********) -- here replace the asterics by "Republic Attack Shuttle" -- that will be released in 2011 and all Canadian collectors (as well as European collectors) are hoping to hear clone troopers and commanders shouting orders in their native English tongue, excerpted from the Clone Wars TV series. Please tell us the product offered in Canada will be the same as in the US. Else, I can tell you many Canadian customers will simply skip this item and buy straight it from US retailers. Oh, and by the way, any chance we'll get a Tauntaun in 2011?"

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:40:56 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »

I was thinking of skipping this ship, but it looks good so I think it deserves a second thought. But I may consider maybe buying it later, when sales are hitting and keeping the costs down around the 60% value. The AT-AT being found around 50$ here and below 25$ in the US is honestly an insult to a buyer's decision to buy the item in the first place. It's hurting when I see these sales going on. But I guess it's my fault for being impatient.

The thing though is that you never know when/if you can find a great deal like $50 or $25 on an AT-AT... I know that I accidentally found the BMF for $100 at Winners and after spending a half-hour really really debating if I was going to buy it or hope that maybe it might show up again for $75 later on, I bought it.  Never saw it on the store shelves again after that... so it's really a gamble because the longer you wait, the cheaper you MIGHT get it, or you might miss out on it and if it's something iconic like the AT-AT or BMF, that can be painful to hunt down afterwards.   

For PT vehicles like the Turbo Tank or the Attack shuttle, meh, nowhere near as important if I missed out on that, but OT BMFs  it can sometimes be better just to buy it early on and not have to worry about missing it.  I always wait at least until the second sale happens before I would even consider a big vehicle purchase (I think it goes something like 25% off on the first sale, then 30% off on the second sale...)

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:56:01 PM »

i think i like the smaller size, looks to be the same scale as the gunship, which would make it easier to store/display (god knows i have no shelf space as it is...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169336
  • Total Topics: 14359
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 54
Total: 56

Page created in 1.782 seconds with 39 queries.