Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2018, 07:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

32 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TOYFAIR 2011 Link with some pics inside  (Read 2457 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
TOYFAIR 2011 Link with some pics inside
« on: February 12, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »

NOTE: This is a live event, so expect typos...it will be cleaned up later. ;)

Here we go...the Star Wars presentation is the first one up...
The first thing they do is thank the fans.

The Vintage Collection continues on until 2012.
Something ties into the 3D and blu-ray releases

Something BIG is coming....not an ATAT

The Clone Wars
Figures: First wave shown is
Ahsoka, El-Les, Anakin Skywalker, Commander Wolffe, Aqua Battle Droid, Eeth Kotj, Barriss Offee

Deluxe sets: General Grievous Wheel Bike, Boba Fett Wheel ike, Cassus, Clone Scout Speeder, Separassit Speeder

Vehicles: RC Republic Fighter Tank

BMF Vehicle: Republic Attack Shuttle ...2 differnet modes

The Vintage Colelction
35 figures in 2011...movies and beyond. "Deleted Scenes" figures!

Wave 5 shown.
Wave 6 shown.
Wave 7 includes Bespin Han Solo (looks great!), Barris s Offee(vinyl cloak), Fleet Trooper, Bom Vimdin, Captain Fordo (BOTH versions!!!!), Logray, 501st Clone Trooper, Aayla Secura, Dr. Evazan, Kithaba, Nom Anor!

Wave 8 includes Bastila Shan, Echo BAse Trooper, Ponda Baba (removable arm and 2 sets of hands included)

"A Jedi does not take Revenge"
wait for it...something special . 12 figures with Revenge cards

B-Wing Pilot, Luke Jedi, Slave Leia, TIE Fighter Pilot shown...chase figures.
12 figures available at SDCC in a Death Star display set! It looks like a death star!

Include Salacious Crumb and Mouse Droid on mini vintage cards! Too cool

Mail in figure
Boba Fett in prototype mail-in armor...all white.

Blu-Ray Commemorative Packs
Repacks of Epsidoes 1-6 figure 4-packs with mini-posters included.

Galactic HEroes
This line is ending. To be replaced with new small JEDI FORCE figures. 2-packs, vehicle sets. Think of the older 7" figures, shrunk down. Millennium Falcon looks prety cool.

Ultimate FX Lightsabers
Only $35...kid-focused. Basically the Force FX lightsabers, but now plastic and will have the sounds and lights as well.

Exclusives
Disney STAR TOURS exclusives:
Set 1: Vader, Fett, Sky Troopers
Set 2: Star Tours droids....including the Utai!

TRU Battle over Endor sets shown...in stores now!
More DVD sets from The Clone Wars...all repacks
Target-exclusive 2-packs
Toys R Us vehicle sets
Captain Lock
Vintage 3-packs shown

Force FX Kit Fisto lightsaber shown.

See you in San Diego!

Presentation will be available later tonight...stay tuned for more!

pics are here: http://www.yakfaceforums.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=24

Delayed wave 5 of Indiana Jones comins as a SDCC exclusive
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:33:53 PM by Goldenrod »

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: TOYFAIR 2011 Link with some pics inside
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »

Interesting what they are doing to the Attack Shuttle... I hope it stays together properly in vehicle mode as it will never see the light of day as a "playset" in my house.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »

Nice job on the report, Goldenrod....  is it wrong that the most exciting thing for me is the missing Indy wave is finally coming at last?!?   :D   So far, great ToyFair, let's hope for some tauntaun love so JP can finally leave me alone...  :)
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »

Well, I was told the same thing as jediPatrick for the new stuff coming out and so far from the list above, nothing I was told about is in that list :(

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »

Isn't there still more to come from Hasbro this weekend?  What about the hint of a "big" vehicle (that isn't an AT-AT, and I assume, not the Attack shuttle either?) - they're not going to leave fans on the hook until SDCC surely!  :crazy:

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »

I'm hoping for a big Sandcrawler in Vintage packaging....and I'm liking the SDCC 12 pack of 3 3/4 figures on Vintage Revenge of the Jedi cards and all packaged in a giant carboard Death Star....Salacious crumb and Mouse Droid on vintage cards as well.....BONUS!  Hopefully these will be available online or at the SFX show in Toronto this year through Hasbro Canada.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »

Definitely some cool stuff. Enough for me to be excited about.
According to daryl depreist on the rebelscum podcast interview that just came out it will be at least a couple years before a sandcrawler, death star or a sail barge. If ever. So I don't think we're getting any large OT vehicles this year. And I think the big vehicle that isn;t an AT-AT is the shuttle. Who knows though.

That shuttle transforming into a playset if absolutely awsome. I will pass on it as it is not OT, but this is the creative way to get playsets out and get tons of play value out of a toy. I see hellboy's concern, this is as long as the vehicle mode doesn't fall apart. But a very cool set though.

The Revenge cards are very cool to see. I am not compelled to get all 12 though. Will only get ones that don't show up on the "return" card, like slave leia, B-Wing pilot, TIE pilot. And the SDCC exclusive is cool, but I think it's gonna be exPENSIVE. Maybe in the $100 range? 12 reg figures and 2 small size. Plus all that packaging. Ordering online could suck for shipping, both cost and durability. Looks like a certain pass for me. I'm glad the regular revenge cards will be at retail so i can get the few i want.

The EU card backs are gonna look cool. No EU figures to make me bite yet, but i will get one to keep carded at some point.

the prototype fett mail away is very cool. Will definitely be sending for a couple of those. :)

Also awsome, vintage here til AT LEAST 2012. We knew this, but the "at least" part is encouraging.

And the Indy wave!! Woohoo!!!!! I agree with napseeker, this is maybe the most exciting announcement so far. Mainly because it came out of nowhere. Not as cool as vintage star wars, but more exciting in a way due to the surprise.

That starscream painted gi joe skystriker (new mold!!) with cobra commander pilot holding a megatron gun is pretty darn cool too. I likely wont get this becasue it will probably be expensive and it's an SDCC exclusive. Awsome for fans of the crossover though.

The rest of the joe stuff is a bit meh. Only a couple figures I might pick up. A lot looks good/decent, but not much for me. A little too much obvious re-use of parts for me.

Overall, a pretty good toy fair so far. Enough to excite me without making me feel I'm gonna go broke! :)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:24:59 PM »

Guys, the Hasbro sanctioned pictures have been posted here:
http://starwars.com/vault/collecting/toy_fair_2011/index.html

That Attack Shuttle playset does look awesome - I was not interested in the vehicle, but I love, love dioramas and playsets and this would be a great testbed for a future Sandcrawler vehicle-turn-playset.  Hopefully these sell well enough that Hasbro does apply the idea again (correctly, as already mentioned, it has to be a sturdy vehicle too).

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:26:24 AM »

Have the SDCC exclusives been available at Hasbrotoyshop etc. in previous years?  Hopefully the Revenge cards on Death Star backing and the Indy cards will be made easy to get.  I would think they would be an easy direct sell for Hasbro to the masses.   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 10:47:14 AM »

Wow! I'm already impressed by what I've seen so far regarding TVC and CW next 2011 figures. Great stuff here!

And almost none of the stuff I was talked about showed up at TF2011; Hence expect a lot of exciting stuff at SDCC. 2011 should be a great year for SW collectors  :D

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »

Have the SDCC exclusives been available at Hasbrotoyshop etc. in previous years?  Hopefully the Revenge cards on Death Star backing and the Indy cards will be made easy to get.  I would think they would be an easy direct sell for Hasbro to the masses.  

Yes they have. Last years was lacklustre and was in stock for several days if I recall correctly. This set might go quicker, except the pricepoint is a bit much. And the size, so shipping will be insane. I think the size and price of this makes it a poor idea for an SDCC exclusive. Even if you go to the con, do you want to carry this on the plane hoome?! The set looks enormous in the show room photos.

So from photos of the back of the Death Star box, here's a list of the revenge cards:

Darth Vader
B-Wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander)
Rebel Commando
TIE Fighter Pilot
Wicket
Admiral Ackbar
Boba Fett
Luke (Endor Capture)
Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
R2-D2 (Sail Barge)
Han Solo (Endor)
Stormtrooper
Mouse Droid
Salacious Crumb

The ones in bold have never been released on vintage cards before. I'll be after those (minus the 2 mini cards which won't come to retail), along with vader and boba, and possibly endor capture luke, if I can't find him on the "Return" card. I just want one of him with that photo. Although I probably prefer the revenge card for that figure, given he is the Jedi from that movie. Oh and ridiculously, the stormtrooper will then be on every card back EXCEPT the original Star Wars one. Hasbro is getting a lot right these days, but  :sign0065:??

And I really hope the Indy set is made in sufficient numbers. I just want one set to open to go with my other figures.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:13:03 AM by Darth Cujo »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:45 PM »

If available at Hasbrotoyshop, I think I would go for (1) Death Star Vintage set and (2) of the Indy sets.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »

I am a big Indiana Jones fan, so definitley can't wait to see these.  Some of the new Vintage waves look promising...although they sure mixed up the figures and cardbacks in these dispalys!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »

Well, I was told the same thing as jediPatrick for the new stuff coming out and so far from the list above, nothing I was told about is in that list :(

It's not done yet. Most of the important toys will be announced during San Diego Comic Con 2011. I know most of the item on the list I got will see the light of day...

... let's hope for some tauntaun love so JP can finally leave me alone...  :)

Yes, don't worry, I'm pretty sure this one will make the cut for SDCC2011. :) As well as many others. So far, not much have been said on store exclusives, so I'm pretty sure the most exciting things have yet to be revealed at San Diego. Including the hypothetical Tauntaun. :P

is it wrong that the most exciting thing for me is the missing Indy wave is finally coming at last?!?

It's not wrong at all! I long for this wave as well, after having bought every single carded IJ figure lately (I did want them 2-3 years ago, and have bought them at fairly decent prices from eBay sellers in the past 3-4 months).

I have to say I'm very much excited about the Republic Attack Shuttle. The toy look very solid, with a lot of play features. It's a must have for me now... except I'll buy it from the US: there's some phrases included in the sound chip and, unless Hasbro can confirm that the Canadian product is exactly the same as the original US relase, I'm going to wait until I can get my hands on a US version. I've learned my lessons quite well. Stupid from Hasbro if they do the same mistake on this one.

I also have to say I'm quite impressed with some of the small vehicles from the Deluxe line. The small Clone Wars speeders looks marvelous (the ones with Boba Fett and Castas. Especially the Attack Shuttle with Obi-Wan: this one really looks awesome!

I also like the overall Vintage figures lineup. The Han Bespin looks awesome, but I'm really thrilled they decided to load the Rebel Fleet Trooper with some accessories, like the cap! It will give collectors quite a headache in finding this piece, however, as most will certainly want to buy multiples...  :(

For the Blue Ray release 4-packs, wow, that Hasbro trying to cash some more with repacks. The only real interest for me in these packs is the fact that the Battle Droid coming in the Episode 1 pack will feature the fully articlated body we were given last year in the Geonosian Droids 2-pack (Legends figures) and the Geonosis Arena 2-packs. At first, I thought they would give us a Maul with ball joints elbows, but no, not really...  :-\

For the exclusive SDCC2011 Death Star 12-pack, it's a shame, really. Most of these figures, if not all, will be plain repack. And you will be able to get them at retail anyway, in that Revenge of the Jedi wave. Okay, without the two small figures (Salacious Crumb and the Mouse droid), but there's no way I would be willing to pay 200$ for such nonsense. I mean, that's probably what they will force people to pay to get this. I'm sure I'll have much better use of my money than that when that thing gets released.

For the white Boba Fett prototype we'll get as a mail in exclusive, I must say I'm a little disappointed. Wrong: I'm REALLY disappointed. I was expecting somehing else (surely because I have heard another info from my informer... oh well...) I just hope we will not be getting the same McQuarrie figure we got a few years ago, but on a Vintage card. I wouldn't be much impressed. I still cannot understand why so many people just loose their mind when they hear the name of Boba Fett. Guess Hasbro really listens to the collectors community... it's just too bad that this community has not many words in their vocabulary.  :tongue0024:

So for me, what was shown so far is of a certain interest, but I was definitely expecting something more. A lot more. But I'm sure it will come at SDCC later this year...

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 07:18:17 PM »

I too am quite impressed with the mini vehicles. This time around they actually look like they belong in the Star Wars universe. I especially like the design of the Battle Droid vehicle.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169427
  • Total Topics: 14376
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 38 queries.