Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC Wave 4  (Read 1837 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
TVC Wave 4
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »

Well there goes my "Just OT" vow for this year. When I saw this wave on the pegs (the ones I found anyways) I was helpless to resist. These are some very nice figures! Now to specifics...

1) Peasant Ani. Bloody hell, I'd honestly forgotten how badly this figure needed an update. The original AOTC figures were nothing if not "action packed" in their pre-posed-ness, and this guy is a very nice "final" version (although he his hair is a tad bit tall if you catch my meaning). Nice neutrally posed figure with half decent accessories that work. I like it.

2) Travel Padme. 2 outfits in one and a pretty nice face sculpt make this figure worth the money from my end. The head pieces are interchangeable, and (I haven't done this) apparently the cloth bits are removable to create a handmaiden Padme that will be right on the money. I would suggest making sure you inspect them though to make sure the face is free of orange paint from the hood. Mine has very minor spillover that is noticeable on close inspection and would drive the perfectionist type nuts.

3) Obi Wan Kenobi - I used this version to finish off my 2008 Legacy set, so for me he's worth the money (even though it's a minor repaint). I would think twice about spending if I had the previous version.

4) Kit Fisto. Not bad, but he's got more of the ROTS look than the AOTC look in my opinion (the eye shape). I kinda feel like I had enough of this character before buying him - I'm done for sure now.

5) Zam Wessel - another good "final" version like Peasant Ani. This figure has everything you could want in a figure of this character, including interchangeable heads, face veils, 2 weapons and retracting goggles. Not sure if it fits in the old AOTC speeder or not though... some may wish to investigate before spending but I can't imagine we'll get another sculpt of this character.

6) Senate Guard - wow, another huge upgrade from the previous Power of the Jedi version. This guy has very nice (but very odd feeling) soft goods that are certainly a far cry better than the old day-glo plastic version from 2003. Includes both a pike (a la the red Emperor's guards from ROTS/ROTJ), a rifle and a pistol (that you might get into a holster if he has one - I'm not sure, there is so much cloth to dig through). The only thing missing here in my opinion was a second helmet or head so that you could buy multiples and have your EPI versions or EPIII versions, depending on what you're using them for.

I can't comment on Super Battle Droid as I left him on the shelf. The paint is definitely and upgrade, but he looked way too much like one of the old AOTC SBDs to make him worth my while - I still have about a dozen of those sitting in rubbermaid bins around the house. Jango & Mace weren't present at my time of purchase so I'll have to come back for an update if & when I am able to grab those ones.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:29:19 AM by jjreason »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Wave 4
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »

3) Obi Wan Kenobi - I used this version to finish off my 2008 Legacy set, so for me he's worth the money (even though it's a minor repaint). I would think twice about spending if I had the previous version.

They still got the color of the outfit wrong from what I can tell... still too light. That said, I'll get this one just because I do want the cardback and the body can be used to represent another Jedi (just pop a different head on there...). I'm disappointed that they didn't at least update the head sculpt with the different slick back hairstyle.

4) Kit Fisto. Not bad, but he's got more of the ROTS look than the AOTC look in my opinion (the eye shape). I kinda feel like I had enough of this character before buying him - I'm done for sure now.

It actually is supposed to be Kit from RotS but I'm guessing they needed a figure to fill in this movie wave and stuck him in.  Same goes for Mace Windu apparently (intended as the RotS version).

5) Zam Wessel - another good "final" version like Peasant Ani. This figure has everything you could want in a figure of this character, including interchangeable heads, face veils, 2 weapons and retracting goggles. Not sure if it fits in the old AOTC speeder or not though... some may wish to investigate before spending but I can't imagine we'll get another sculpt of this character.

Sadly, the space inside her speeder is so tight that the best you can do is just lie her down.  Hasbro needs to redo that speeder :(

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »

Sadly, the space inside her speeder is so tight that the best you can do is just lie her down.  Hasbro needs to redo that speeder :(

Perhaps they will redo it for the 3D release. I have heard that they will be releasing some vehicles with each movie release. Chances are they probably won't, but it would make a good Q&A question. That is if Hasbro decides to start the Q&A's up again.

This wave seems rather solid, IMHO. I can't wait to find them. There are some really good upgrades to figures in this wave.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »

This wave seems rather solid, IMHO. I can't wait to find them. There are some really good upgrades to figures in this wave.

The Windu is awesome. Finally we can bend his legs to get him into his starfighter.

Not to mention the new head sculpt is fantastic in likeness.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »

I just pre-ordered this wave yesterday from Goldenage. Very excited! This will be the first time ordering from an online store for me (other than Toysrus.ca) I feel like I have stepped into a much larger world. lol. I love getting stuff in the mail.
My Have/Want list:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

I just pre-ordered this wave yesterday from Goldenage. Very excited! This will be the first time ordering from an online store for me (other than Toysrus.ca) I feel like I have stepped into a much larger world. lol. I love getting stuff in the mail.

I just did the same with the two most current waves, and unlike buying them off the pegs they all came unpunched. For the first time ever I'm having a hard time opening any of them. I don't know why, but something about having unpunched vintage collection figures is making it really hard. The packaging just looks so good.  :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:29:30 PM by RyDel »

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »

I just did the same with the two most current waves, and unlike buying them off the pegs they all came unpunched. For the first time ever I'm having a hard time opening any of them. I don't know why, but something about having unpunched vintage collection figures is making it really hard. The packaging just looks so good.  :)

I hear you RyDel. I am an opener through and through. But these Vintage cards look so good, it takes me a couple days of admiring them before I rip them open. Hasbro would be doing wrong, to not continue with these cards longer than they had originally planned.
My Have/Want list:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »

I hear you RyDel. I am an opener through and through. But these Vintage cards look so good, it takes me a couple days of admiring them before I rip them open. Hasbro would be doing wrong, to not continue with these cards longer than they had originally planned.

Yeah they look great. I'm an opener too, but I'm actually getting ready to move into the new house my wife and I just bought so I figured I leave these two waves in the package until I have my new space set up and ready for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169097
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 66
Total: 69

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 38 queries.