Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

25 Guests, 2 Users

Poll

Favorite Super Star Wars Game

Super Star Wars (A New Hope)
- 1 (7.1%)
Super Empire Strikes Back
- 4 (28.6%)
Super Return Of The Jedi
- 1 (7.1%)
Like all 3 of them equally
- 8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Star Wars Trilogy  (Read 4681 times)

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • I am a Jedi...Like my father before me.
    • View Profile
Super Star Wars Trilogy
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »

The Super Star Wars trilogy... The first and one of the finest video game interpretations of the original trilogy. They are easily one of my favorite series of games in history. I thought it would be interesting in hearing everyone else's thoughts and experiences with these games.

:Sabers-02:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:58:17 PM by trackcar666 »

Obi-Roy Kenobi

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Super Star Wars Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »

I love, love, love these games!

Many an hour was spent with Super Star Wars and Super Empire on my old SNES. I actually played Super Jedi for the first time not too long ago.

Was it just me or were these games INSANELY DIFFICULT?!?!?!
Collect the Sith, We must!!

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:59:19 AM »

I love, love, love these games!

Many an hour was spent with Super Star Wars and Super Empire on my old SNES. I actually played Super Jedi for the first time not too long ago.

Was it just me or were these games INSANELY DIFFICULT?!?!?!

No...It's not just you. These games are no walk in the park by any means. But knowing two things evens up the odds significantly. Knowing where all the blaster power-ups are and having a well-developed strategy for boss battles. I think ESB is in many ways the toughest due to the boss battles and the Han Solo stages. Although NH is very close behind (due to no passwords), ROTJ is pretty easy in comparison. Probably because its better balanced in difficulty.

eifwen2009

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »

Hmmm is there anywhere online where I can download them. I'd love to play them again. I don't recall how difficult they were though.
"Basca"

Obi-Roy Kenobi

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:08:28 AM »

Hmmm is there anywhere online where I can download them. I'd love to play them again. I don't recall how difficult they were though.

I don't know anywhere to play them online but you can easily download them and play them on your computer.

Just google the word "emulator"

Not that I have ever done anything like that.......... :winking0071:

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

They are also on the Wii Virtual Console. Anyone have a favorite level?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:09:02 PM by trackcar666 »

mista_t13

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:54:25 PM »

I had these one the snes. We got empire first and then Jedi used, never aquired a new hope. Finally downloaded a new hope on the wii console, but man that is the hardest of the three! Im lucky if i can make it past the cantina haha  :confused0024:

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 01:30:45 AM »

I got New Hope in a pawn shop back in 2000 and it took me years to finish. Cantina in particular was a really hard level. Anyone play the NES Star Wars games?

Obi-Roy Kenobi

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »

I got New Hope in a pawn shop back in 2000 and it took me years to finish. Cantina in particular was a really hard level. Anyone play the NES Star Wars games?

Yeah. I played Star Wars on the NES.

It still ranks as one of the hardest NES games I have ever played. I could not get off the Death Star! I kept getting frustrated at the elevators! AAARRRRGGGHHH! I remember the rage!

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »

Yeah. I played Star Wars on the NES.

It still ranks as one of the hardest NES games I have ever played. I could not get off the Death Star! I kept getting frustrated at the elevators! AAARRRRGGGHHH! I remember the rage!

I found one on ebay after I had the ESB NES game (which is also brutally hard.) and I was thinking "hmm... Can't be as hard as ESB." I was wrong. Very challenging game, but after owning it for two weeks (Also extensive practice.) I eventually beat it. Pretty good game, but the difficulty can really ruin the game for some people. I haven't finished ESB yet though. And I thought Super ESB was hard... :mad0137:

klown23

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »

I was so hyped to find those games as a kid.

Nobody was into star wars during 1992-1996ish, so I was the only kid who would rent those games. Took lots of times (and money since I was renting the game) to pass super star wars. Such adventures and excitement to think that Luke had to find droids in a desert, used his lightsaber to beat Tuskens and other creature... It was like the expanded universe or deleted scene of the movies that made me even love more this game.

As for SSW:ESB, it was a pain in the a** to play, but it was so awesome (thanks to passwords too). I always thought that luke's orange oufit would have been the best choice of outfit for the movie (well maybe not on hoth, but at least on bespin)... I mean, the guy left dagobha on a rush to save his friends, but he takes time to change on bespin from his x-wing gear to his grayish-beige suit. Anyways.

Finally, I think ROTJ was the best game. I love everything ROTJ, except for ewoks (yeah, I know half the movie is about them).

I think that it was those games that saved my star wars passion. The only star wars things I think about, in the late 80's-early 90's, was NES's sh*tty StarWars games and those horrible bend em' figures.
 :luke:

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 12:24:51 AM »

I was so hyped to find those games as a kid.

Nobody was into star wars during 1992-1996ish, so I was the only kid who would rent those games. Took lots of times (and money since I was renting the game) to pass super star wars. Such adventures and excitement to think that Luke had to find droids in a desert, used his lightsaber to beat Tuskens and other creature... It was like the expanded universe or deleted scene of the movies that made me even love more this game.

As for SSW:ESB, it was a pain in the a** to play, but it was so awesome (thanks to passwords too). I always thought that luke's orange oufit would have been the best choice of outfit for the movie (well maybe not on hoth, but at least on bespin)... I mean, the guy left dagobha on a rush to save his friends, but he takes time to change on bespin from his x-wing gear to his grayish-beige suit. Anyways.

Finally, I think ROTJ was the best game. I love everything ROTJ, except for ewoks (yeah, I know half the movie is about them).

I think that it was those games that saved my star wars passion. The only star wars things I think about, in the late 80's-early 90's, was NES's sh*tty StarWars games and those horrible bend em' figures.
 :luke:

I know what you mean... Those bendy figures were never my favorite, although I do have bendy Chewie around somewhere. But as far as SW games go, these are the three that I always think of and play. Mind you, Battlefront 2 is a close call as well.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 09:01:41 PM »

Just noticed this old topic...I owned SSW and SESB, but never SROTJ.  I beat all 3, though.  I recently replayed them on my old SNES, and was reminded how hard they were, especially SESB.  My favorite part for sure was battling Darth Vader.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:00:45 PM by brianakarobin »

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »

Just noticed this old topic...I owned SSW and SESB, but never SROTJ.  I eat all 3, though.  I recently replayed them on my old SNES, and was reminded how hard they were, especially SESB.  My favorite part for sure was battling Darth Vader.

The end battle with Vader is hands-down my favorite boss fight in any SW game, and one of my favorite fights in SNES games period. Has anyone here managed to get through ESB on NES? ???

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »

I remember that game, but I can't remember if I ever beat it or not. ???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 25
Total: 27

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 41 queries.