Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 12:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars  (Read 1245 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

I just played the demo on the X360 and I think that this game will be best lego game so far.  The demo has 2 stages, "Shadow of Malevolence" and "Destroy Malevolence". Are they part of the same stage or 2 different stages I don't know. The coop is way better and cooler. In the episode "Destroy Malevolence" Obi-Wab goes after Grievous while Anakin and Padmé go to the cockpit, in the game, 1 player play the anakin part while the other play Obi-Wan's part via splitscreen. If you play alone, you do both stage together switching for one to the other. While in the same stage, if both players go to far from each other, the game will splitscreen. I'll buy it for sure.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:38:15 AM »

I just finished the game last weekend.  Me and my oldest daughter played through most of it together and it took almost 40 hours for us to platinum. 

The stages in the demo are two separate stages.  I didn't like the demo that much and thought those stages didn't do the game justice.  One of the cool new features is a 2 player arcade mode that is a lot of fun.  It's basically "castle defense" type mode where you have a command center to defend and you have a certain amount of money to fortify around it.  If you like strategy type games you'll love this mode.
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:14:04 AM »

The graphics, even on the demo mode, are a serious step up from previous PS3 Lego games. My son will be getting this for his birthday and is very very excited about it. The demo will be nearly worn out by then I'm sure.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »

I picked this up a couple weeks ago and played through it with my 4 yr old son. We both really loved it! I would have to say that this is probably the best Lego game, so far. The lighting alone is just amazing. And there are so many characters in this game, it's pretty crazy. I really liked the idea of the minikits being characters as well. It motivated me to find them all. All in all, a great game. The new game mode, I think it's called Ground Battles or something like that, is pretty sweet. They are a lot of fun, I couldn't believe how many Battle Droids and Clones they could actually fit onto the screen at one time. It was pretty crazy at times. My little guy loved stomping on all the BDs with the AT-TE. Great fun!

I also wanted to add. I loved the 'Darth Vader March' they play in the elevators on the ships. Made me laugh.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:19:23 PM by Mit_Othy »
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »

I might have to give this game another go. I played the demo when it came out and honestly didn't like how they changed the game-play. It was overly complicated to control. I've always enjoyed the Lego games for their simplicity and it was all lost on the demo.

I later bought the game because it was on sale but never got past the first level because there were a few points where I got stuck and then got bored. That's never happened to me before in all the Lego games I've played.

Anyway. I'll plug it in again and see if it makes me want to keep bustin' bricks to get through it all.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »

Hellboy, I found myself thinking the same thing. I picked it up in the Greatest Hits bin for $20 this Christmas, and threw it in for a quick hour of playing until my daughter's attention wandered (she wanted to see Yoda). I then went on to the 2 TFU games, so like you I'll have to give it another try, and focus a little more time, effort and attention on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169107
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 54
Total: 56

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 38 queries.