Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 01:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homefront  (Read 681 times)

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
Homefront
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »

Don't see a thread for this so I'm starting one just cause I found something cool in this game that I had to tell people about.

I don't know what they are called, but they are square designs that are similar to UPC's that people with an app that can read barcodes and the like can scan.  I found a couple in Homefront and scanned them, they take you to a website with short live action films (one at least is a cartoon) that are designed to make the game more believable.  I thought it was a nice touch of combining media and technology with an easter egg type of thing.  Hadn't seen it done before.

Game on the whole was ok, very linear.  Ending sucked and was completely set up to be a franchise game.  Only played single player as I'm not forking over money to Bill Gates to play games online, that and I'd also have to get the $100 add on to make my 360 wireless.

:u:

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Homefront
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:38:56 PM »

I was wondering if this game was any good. It looks really interesting, but it also looks like it is missing something. . Now a days brand new games are so crazy expensive. I have to be pretty excited about it to pay full price. But I am sure I will pick it up if I find at a decent price down the road.

Those scanning barcode things sound pretty cool. I wonder if this sort thing will catch on in other games?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170159
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 60
Total: 60

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 37 queries.