Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 08:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Sideshow is killing me right now!  (Read 21076 times)

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Sideshow is killing me right now!
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »

Preordered the Commander Gree, and battle droids last week, and IG-88 today.  :party0053:

Plus they're unveiling the first Sideshow ESB Boba Fett at SDCC, and there is going to be a 1/6 scale STAP to go with the battle droids.  :love0030:

I cancelled my preorder for the recent Dewback because I would much rather have these other figure, and I don't think my wallet can handle much more. :shakehead:

Maybe I'll be able to get the Dewback down the road.

I think this is actually the end of the road for Hasbro and I. I'm just not getting the enjoyment out of their stuff like I used to. I'm sure Sideshow isn't complaining.  :tongue0024:

Radiation74

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow is killing me right now!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »

Yeah, I'm after getting vader, waiting on Rex and Anakin vader.... I kinda want ig88, but I think the price tags kinda steep. I was checking it out on ssc and damn the thing looks sweet though . And when I was ther,I saw Zartan, one of my fav toys as a kid. Egads. I think Im waiting for Boba though.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »

I kinda want ig88, but I think the price tags kinda steep. I was checking it out on ssc and damn the thing looks sweet though . And when I was ther,I saw Zartan, one of my fav toys as a kid. Egads. I think Im waiting for Boba though.

I can rationalize the price on IG-88 two ways. One.....he is a completely original design from sideshow, and they've put so much articulation in him...not to mention what looks like a fantastic paint job, ............and lights in the head for his red eyes. :u: I can understand with all that why Sideshow would be upping the price compared to other pieces. Second.....I used some of my sideshow points to bring the cost down. I took about 40 bucks off so in the end it won't be too bad when they charge my card.  :)

The Zartan is unbelievable. With every Joe, and Cobra released I kick myself for never grabbing them when they started putting them out. At this point I'm so involved with the the 1/6 Star Wars line that I could never justify collecting the Joe line as well. My wife would probably divorce me if I even suggested it.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Radiation74

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »

So , when you preorder,when do they charge your card?and how does this flex pay work?

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »

So , when you preorder,when do they charge your card?and how does this flex pay work?

They only charge your card when the piece is ready to ship. One of the great things I've experienced with Sideshow is the fact that they always let you know 30 days before a product is going to be getting into their warehouse. Which gives you an advance warning that you need to make sure the funds are available on your credit card. Whatever day they tell you is the ship date is expect to get an email for your receipt, and one with the shipping and tracking information.

I've pre-ordered 14 different pieces with them so far, and have never had any problems. Like I said. They tell you in advance what the ship date will be, and they don't charge your card until that ship date.

I haven't used the flex pay with them yet. I've been tempted on some of the more expensive pieces, but to date I've never used it. There site explains that whole process. From memory I believe if you choose the flex pay option. You make one payment right away, a second payment when the product is 30 days away from hitting the warehouse, and the final payment when it ships. It's something like that, but check their information page. I don't want to mislead you. That's just off the top of my head.

Radiation74

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »

How are the shipping charges?

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:43:24 AM »

shipping is very cheap - a PF statue is about $25, so the 1/6 stuff should be less. They also throw in a $25 gift card (granted you can't use it on much). But you will get dinged on duty/taxes/brokerage fees.

They also announced a life size han in carbonite - I am giving it serious consideration, depending on accuracy and price of course...(and how much stuff I can sell to make my wife say "ok"  :happy0025:)

slags4

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »

The flex pay states the proposed dates that the payments will come out.  The last payment can change if the product is delayed at all.  I pre-ordered the Iron Man Mark VI on flex-pay, made the first two payments on the dates listed, then the last payment was delayed two extra months.  You get an email stating the delay so you're not left waiting for the payment to be taken.

Shipping charges, count on about $40-45 total, including duties and such, at least that was my experience.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:22 AM »

They also announced a life size han in carbonite - I am giving it serious consideration, depending on accuracy and price of course...(and how much stuff I can sell to make my wife say "ok"  :happy0025:)

I'm.....Jealous!!!! :o

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

Looks like not only will I have to preorder Fett after SDCC, but they've just added General Grevious to the 1/6 scale line as well.

*shakes fist at sideshow*

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »

SDCC Clone Commander arrived today.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »

Commander Bly finally!!!

Radiation74

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »

That Fett guy goes up for preorder on Friday. Anyone gonna bother? ;)

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »

That Fett guy goes up for preorder on Friday. Anyone gonna bother? ;)

Well.....yeah...I'm gonna order him. Whether or not I keep him will really depend on what he's like out of the box. I own the medicom ROTJ Fett, and it's a pretty awesome piece.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »

he should be a great addition to any collection. Did they announce what the exclusive will be or the edition size?

congrats to everyone getting him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 39
Total: 42

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 38 queries.