Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 03:57:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sideshow is killing me right now!  (Read 21055 times)

redeyekho

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • There's one........ ......set for stun
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow is killing me right now!
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

I took the Hasbro/Medicom/Tamashii photos and crammed them together to compare each one to the other, and frankly it made me even more excited for the Tamashii 3PO. It's proportions and details are astounding when comparing each piece.

Have a look.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/D@D1111/Screenshot2012-10-02at91829AM.png

I'd have to say that Tamashii C-3PO is the best to date so far on the market. Though there are customizers out there that do exceptional jobs.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »

congrats to those lucky enough to score this. it looks to be the definitive version at this scale.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »

Very nice. I wonder though, does this mean sideshow themselves will not be doing 3po? They've had the licence for years now and have yet to tackle 3po or chewie. I wonder if they've just given up on 3po.

If I was collecting the full sideshow line I'd be wondering what's up for 3po. This figure is amazing but he is a higher end figure that doesn't really fit with the rest of the sideshow line so if this is the only 3po sideshow puts out I'd be annoyed.  Thankfully I only pick up select sideshow figures here and there and not the whole line. Nice figure but since I'm not a 3po collector, it's an easy pass for me.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »

Very nice. I wonder though, does this mean sideshow themselves will not be doing 3po? They've had the licence for years now and have yet to tackle 3po or chewie. I wonder if they've just given up on 3po.

If I was collecting the full sideshow line I'd be wondering what's up for 3po. This figure is amazing but he is a higher end figure that doesn't really fit with the rest of the sideshow line so if this is the only 3po sideshow puts out I'd be annoyed.  Thankfully I only pick up select sideshow figures here and there and not the whole line. Nice figure but since I'm not a 3po collector, it's an easy pass for me.

A lot of people are wondering the same thing. In my opinion Sideshow will likely still tackle the 3PO in the future, but probably not within the next few years. Although I only collect the Sideshow Star Wars line I'm loving this 3PO, and I don't think Sideshow will be able to do better. I'm betting Sideshows piece will be somewhere between the Medicom and the Tamashii. Plastic, but better proportioned and detailed. Speculation on my part though.

I see this Tamashii piece fitting in just fine with my Sideshow line. I believe it's slightly bigger than the Medicom, and size is the only reason why I didn't pick up theirs. It was a collaboration between Sideshow and Tamashii, so I have a good feeling the scale will be fine. This thing is expensive, but I have a feeling that the quality is going to make it stand out on my shelves. So I'm stoked.  :tongue0024:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »

Couple pieces came in today.  :D

Loving the Tusken Raider. Wish I had gotten two, but with all the pre-orders I already have I settled for one.  :tongue0024:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »

Loving the new SS Bossk.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »

Wow! That came out really nice. Congrats.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »

Wow! That came out really nice. Congrats.

Thanks. Pretty fun figure right out of the box. No futzing to make it look good.

Plus with all the Clones, and Stormtroopers and human characters I have I don't really have many sw aliens. Bossk adds a little extra variety.  :tongue0024:

redeyekho

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »

Well picked up a few things last week.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »

Nice stuff Redeyekho!  :D

My 3PO arrived yesterday.  :rockon:

redeyekho

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2013, 12:40:37 AM »

It's a pretty sweet C-3PO. I have a feeling there gonna sell out of them in the next couple of weeks. Wish I ordered Bossk through SS... I bought him on a whim at the local store. Really like the exclusive head. It seems the figures with the extra heads are worth ordering through SS. Would've like the extra head for the Emperor and Ventress.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2013, 01:05:02 PM »

It's a pretty sweet C-3PO. I have a feeling there gonna sell out of them in the next couple of weeks. Wish I ordered Bossk through SS... I bought him on a whim at the local store. Really like the exclusive head. It seems the figures with the extra heads are worth ordering through SS. Would've like the extra head for the Emperor and Ventress.

The price alone on 3PO makes him the grail of my collection. lol It's a pretty spectacular piece. Even if Sideshow makes their own version in the future there is no way it will compete with this one.

The points you get from SS are another benefit to ordering straight from them. I was able to ease the cost of the 3PO by using points. Agreed on the extra heads. It's nice to change up a character from time to time.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2013, 03:09:01 PM »

Haven't really been buying anything lately and with the preorders I do have not coming for a while I was itching to get something new. So I picked this guy up after initially passing so I could pay for the Tamashii 3PO.

Really glad I got this guy now. It's really a great piece by Sideshow and even better in hand.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »

Now that's an awesome Snowtrooper!

I think I have every backpack in my entire collection of Snowtroopers on upside down.  :speechless-smiley-004:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »

Now that's an awesome Snowtrooper!

I think I have every backpack in my entire collection of Snowtroopers on upside down.  :speechless-smiley-004:

I was looking at the SS premium format Snowtrooper and I think I like the 1:6 more. Something about the PF looks weird imo.

As for the backpacks....now you have another reason to go and pay them all a visit them.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170159
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 37 queries.