Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 20, 2018, 08:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

76 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic-Con - Hasbro Booth (merged)  (Read 4829 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC hasbro booth
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »

JediPatrick!
Luke's Tauntaun in vintage packaging!

But only the Tauntaun? No new Hoth Luke?!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:59:35 PM by Wedge1021 »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »

JediPatrick!

Hoth Luke is no doubt coming on basic card (it'd make no sense for Hasbro to release his TT with a figure to.... oh wait, Hasbro has released tons of vehicles in the past without a figure to ride, nvm  :mad0218:)

Let's not bother JediPatrick right now, he's probably still in the throes of his orgasm...  although having one in front of your PC often makes the wife wonder just what the heck is going on.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Edit: Also, check this out: http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7678

Hopefully jjreason now has the "damage blasted R2D2" astromech he wanted (after being so disappointed by the 2 pack version).  Don't know why Hasbro seems to have made the new X-Wing body shorter than the previous one... that's one step forward and then taking one step back again AFAIC.

Edit2: okay, took me a few seconds to figure out why - going forward Hasbro obviously wants an X-Wing that they can sell in the same $29.99 vehicle assortment as the Vader Tie and Tie Fighter and Jedi Starfighters.  It makes sense that after how hard it was to get people to buy the Wedge exclusive X-Wing that Hasbro isn't willing to get burned that way again, so it's likely that we're now in a new era of the shorter X-Wing.   I'm not that interested in this set, but I'll buy it for sure when it gets released in a vintage box sometime in the next 2 years.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:25:15 PM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »

Not a whole lot new so far, but it's only preview night. LOVE the vintage tauntaun and landspeeder. Definitely be getting those. And i am quite alright with the tauntan not coming with a hoth luke as long as a vintage carded one is on its way. If that wave comes to Canada.  :tongue0024:

Chewie looks nice from the cartoon.

Heh, you know the line is filled with rehashes when a sticker-worthy selling point is "Character Debut! Never before offered as an action figure". Of course some rehashes are very warranted, but I thought it was an interesting sticker. :)

Looking forward to seeing what else is new and hopefully some clarification on what waves are coming and when.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »

The figure offer sticker placement leaves something to be desired! Ponda is particularly terrible!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »

It's hard to see that R2, I'd like a nice side by side. To be honest - I kinda resolved my issues with the 2 pack one & have come around a little bit - I was just taken aback when I first saw him. Upon inspection he's really not all that bad.

EDITED: WHOA, HEY! That's not the vintage Hoth Rebel Guard card!!!!  :mad0137:

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »

It's hard to see that R2, I'd like a nice side by side. To be honest - I kinda resolved my issues with the 2 pack one & have come around a little bit - I was just taken aback when I first saw him. Upon inspection he's really not all that bad.

EDITED: WHOA, HEY! That's not the vintage Hoth Rebel Guard card!!!!  :mad0137:

Did some looking around and apparantly they released a variation of the cardback in the 80s? I recall the one on the right being the one I got though? :~/~:
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 07:23:01 AM »

That's interesting - I don't recall ever seeing the left one before, I'm sure we got the one with the (better) photo on the right as kids. :(

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:15:38 AM »

Did some looking around and apparantly they released a variation of the cardback in the 80s? I recall the one on the right being the one I got though? :~/~:

Those cards were for two different characters. The character on the left is the Rebel Commander (released in 1981). The character on the right is the Rebel Soldier (released in 1980).

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:45:44 AM by DarthVader77 »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »

JediPatrick!

Yeah Baby!  :cool0037:

I knew it was coming, along with Han's version, very long ago (my source was not mistaken). As for Luke Hoth himself, I'm sure Hasbro will throw us a very neat version of this guy in the coming months. Let's wait and see. Hasbro's not that stupid not to release a proper version of the guy that can actually sit and mount the beast, right? Or are they?  :-\

Let's not bother JediPatrick right now, he's probably still in the throes of his orgasm...  although having one in front of your PC often makes the wife wonder just what the heck is going on.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Oh, that's the reason of the funny look in my wife's face this morning! (Yes, I only saw these pictures this morning when evading dreams of graceful Tauntauns running and jumping across a snowy landscape).  :P

Edit2: okay, took me a few seconds to figure out why - going forward Hasbro obviously wants an X-Wing that they can sell in the same $29.99 vehicle assortment as the Vader Tie and Tie Fighter and Jedi Starfighters.  It makes sense that after how hard it was to get people to buy the Wedge exclusive X-Wing that Hasbro isn't willing to get burned that way again, so it's likely that we're now in a new era of the shorter X-Wing.   I'm not that interested in this set, but I'll buy it for sure when it gets released in a vintage box sometime in the next 2 years.

Yeah, kinda stupid IMO. It makes sense for them, but certainly not for the adult passionates and collectors. It does look like the nose section can be removed, but it's tough to tell with only one picture of this set to date. But if it's the case, then I think this is just a good alternative for Hasbro to bring this very -- if not the most -- iconic Star Wars vehicle to the kids at a more decent price. I mean, when it is eventually included in the Medium vehicle price range... because this huge Battle Pack for me is just a big NO...

But what about the Vintage line of figures?

Honestly, what really puzzles me is the total absence of other new Vintage figures, and certainly the remarkable absence of Dr. Evazan, Aayla Secura, 501st Clone Trooper, Kithaba and Nom Anor. We discussed this in another topic of this forum, and I really hope Hasbro is not pulling a quick one on this wave, as they did several times in the past, by offering it as store exclusives. That would really piss me (and many collectors all around the Wolrd) off. I hope I'm wrong on this, that Hasbro's SDCC official presentation will clearany doubts on this...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:46:09 AM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Cmdr Bacara

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I whacked Ki-Adi Mundi
    • View Profile
Hasbro Booth at SDCC
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »

Pics from Rebelscum of the Hasbro booth at SDCC

http://www.rebelscum.com/2011SDCC/HasbroSW1/

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »

So far though, based on what we're seeing, my wallet says "Phew!!!"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Comic-Con - Hasbro Booth (merged)
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »

I merged the threads, for ultimate forums cohesiveness.  :u:

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 05:38:07 PM »

So far though, based on what we're seeing, my wallet says "Phew!!!"

Haha, I am in the same boat. Although the Taun Taun and Landspeeder are calling my name. Hopefully they will be showing some new figures in the next few days. That Trench Run set looks like a set that is atleast 10 years old. It just doens't do anything for me at this point.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Comic-Con - Hasbro Booth (merged)
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »

Some nice items for sure, just not too many, which is good for financial situation, not so good for "The Habit"!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169374
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 76
Total: 80

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 39 queries.