Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 08:43:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 2 Users

Poll

Which set are you planning on getting?

Original Trilogy
- 2 (8.3%)
Prequel Tilogy
- 1 (4.2%)
Complete Saga
- 16 (66.7%)
None. I already have too many versions!
- 5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Blu-ray  (Read 3194 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Blu-ray
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »

100 percent out! All the new stuff really made the decision easy. I'll wait and see how easy it will be to access the bonus stuff but i know it will show up in other formats and avenues so I'm not too worried. For me it would be like buying the prequels at this point, films I only enjoy portions of or because what things outside the films they make me think about...sad.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 01:06:10 PM »

I'm just wondering if it would be better to wait and see what sort of discs come out following the 3D movies. I don't have a 3D TV, but if the saga was available to watch on a 3D TV that would give me a lot more incentive to buy one. All I'm really interested in with the Blu-Ray's is the deleted scenes, and I don't think having them is worth the money I would have to dish out.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »

100 percent out! All the new stuff really made the decision easy. I'll wait and see how easy it will be to access the bonus stuff but i know it will show up in other formats and avenues so I'm not too worried. For me it would be like buying the prequels at this point, films I only enjoy portions of or because what things outside the films they make me think about...sad.

Wow, I'm a big fat liar!

I caved because of things people said about how it might be a while, if ever, that we actually get the OOT in HD. And then it went on sale at BB as most know...I do not regret my decision to reneg on my 100 percent no way stance and I am enjoying the quality of image/sound upgrade for sure and the bonus stuff is fun too. At least I didn't say I was 110 percent out then I'd look like an even bigger hypocrite! Maybe we should change this poll to "Star Wars Blu-ray: Who said they wouldn't but did?"  :P

grievous444

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »

No thanks. I'll stick with my dvd's. I don't need anymore changes to the Star Wars movies.

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »

I know this is late but the only reason why I picked up the entire set was because it was on sale at Futureshop.

I was a annoyed at the packaging of the DVDs though. I hate when they don't have proper cases where you can pop the disc into it; I really dislike it when they have the discs in cardboard sleeves. I feel that it's too easy to get the disc scratched up that way.

trackcar666

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • I am a Jedi...Like my father before me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 12:00:29 AM »

I was going to buy them the day they came out but a "disturbance in the force" made me look to see if there were anymore unwanted tweaks and additions and as we all probably know by now, there were... I braced myself for the worst and looked into what got screwed around with this time and as soon as I saw the new version of Vader killing the Emperor....that killed any chance of me wasting a penny on them. That was one of my favorite scenes in the whole trilogy. The fact that Vader just picks him up and hurls him of the railing silently is made it powerful because for a moment there you don't know if Vader is going to save Luke or not. But with that horrible post-production  "No..." added in there, it wrecks the suspense instantly. That has made me lose all hope for Lucas getting his act together and leaving things well enough alone. I could live with the other remaster versions, but this is overkill...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169094
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 59
Total: 61

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 41 queries.