Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 01:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon  (Read 1711 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

I found just one of these over in Buffalo during a recent shopping trip, and thought I'd share a review. First off, a few pics:

DEPLOYED MODE:

TRANSPORT MODE:

Now for my review. I'd have to say I'm fairly pleased with this vehicle. It's a pretty slick design. The legs give good support to the cannon, and while they don't have super-articulated joints or anything, the articulation that is there functions well and allows for most of what you would want to do with the toy. While it is a single-gun toy, it comes with a total of 4 "bullets" allowing for several shots to be loaded and fired before having to go search for the reloads again. There is a seat for the driver/gunner, as well as a fold-out defense platform for a clone sniper to stand behind for protection (similar to the fold-out options of the upcoming Attack Shuttle).

The only minor problem I have with it concerns the flip-out treads for use during transport mode. By folding the legs together towards the front and rear of the cannon, two rolling "treads" automatically pop down and out from beneath the central platform. This was a good idea in design, but in execution does not work as great as hoped. Because the treads have spring-loaded hinges (like the CW Y-wing pop-up gun doors), they tend to collapse in when the toy is pushed along on the floor. Depending on how one holds the cannon or the angle to which and force is applied when rolling it along, one or both treads will fold in enough that the cannon falls over. Not a huge deal, as most of the time the cannon will likely be displayed in deployed mode, but it is a bit of a design oversight. You can see the hinged treads in the following photo:

To close out my review, here's an action shot with a couple of Clone Troopers added in. Note the fold-out defense platform on the opposite side from the gunner's seat.

PS: Don't worry JediPatrick, if I find another one of these it's heading your way!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »

I want one of those!
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

That thing is wicked. I want one too, hopefully it comes to canada.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »

Man, that looks pretty cool! Bigger than I had pictured.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »

Wow! Definitely a MUST-HAVE! If you pick up only one and only mid-size vehicle this year, it should really be this one.  :)`

P.S. Don't worry Derek, they'll be pretty much everywhere soon. Maybe even in Quebec. I guess. :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169112
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 54
Total: 55

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 38 queries.