Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 01:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It BEGINS... Fan's Choice Poll at Snowtroopers.ca!  (Read 7940 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
It BEGINS... Fan's Choice Poll at Snowtroopers.ca!
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:43 PM »

Just in from Hasbro and HunterPR... we are on for the next fan's choice poll folks!!!  Here's the basic announcement (edited for brevity):

We would like to invite you to submit nominees from your fans for the Fans Choice poll, which will determine a character to be included in Hasbro's STAR WARS action figure line in 2013, in time for the 30th anniversary of STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI.

Poll your readers to determine the characters they wish to be considered for the next STAR WARS Fans Choice figure and share your top 10 list with us no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2011. Your polling results list should be ranked in order of importance from 1-10. All polling result lists will be combined together (each outlet getting an equal voice) with the #1 character on each list worth 10 points, the #2 character worth 9 points, the #3 worth 8 points, etc.

The resultant point values will be used to generate the final ballot of 20 choices, which will be announced in October by STAR WARS Insider on their website (http://titanmagazines.com/t/star-wars-insider/). Fans will then be able to vote on STAR WARS Insider's site for their favorite character out of the Top 20, and the character with the most votes as of November 31 will be the new STAR WARS Fans Choice figure!

Please note: any characters selected from the current STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series would be done in a realistic style.

The winning character will be announced at Hasbro's 2012 Collector-Fan Media Day event at Toy Fair in New York in February 2012.

This doesn't leave a lot of time to get geared up... I will be setting out the guidelines for the poll here at Snowtroopers sometime next week, although it will likely be similar to our last fan's choice poll and only members with a certain minimum post count/membership period will be eligible to vote (to ensure people don't just anonymously sign up this month to sway the vote).  To give myself time to count votes, I will likely set the final vote date two days ahead of Hasbro's deadline.  

I'm going to make it a bit easier on myself to count votes this time around by stating that once you officially submit your top10 list, you cannot go back and change it (this also avoids any more last second change-ups based on the perceived leaders in the top10, something I definitely am going to forbid this time around). If you edit your list, it will be disqualified.

So start thinking about YOUR top 10 now!   Once the official voting thread is opened, submit and forever hold your peace... we've already got a number of favorites made (Tantive Rebel, Vos, Darth Sidious RotS duel, etc) let's find out if folks are running out of ideas yet  :)

Feel free to use this thread to "nominate" (suggest to other snowtroopers :mad0177:) some candidates you think should finally see plastic.  

EDIT: For EU characters especially, I'd also suggest using this thread to officially name a given trooper for voting purposes.  I remember last time there was some confusion over an EU character/trooper (different voters gave him different names, which resulted in me treating it as two separate choices until vote counting began and I combined the two vote counts).   Post a picture of the character and then give him the official designation to be used for the vote so that others will follow that naming convention too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:12:11 PM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: It BEGINS... Fan's Choice Poll at Snowtroopers.ca!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »

UPDATE: a correction has come in from HunterPR... the deadline is now December 1st (whew!) for the voting on the Fan's Choice Poll... thought they were setting the deadline way too soon.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:10:01 PM »

I think they mean that December 1st is the last day to vote on the Insider web site. We still have to get our votes in here by the 28th of September. Not much time!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 01:37:25 PM »

I think they mean that December 1st is the last day to vote on the Insider web site. We still have to get our votes in here by the 28th of September. Not much time!

edit: jmac is correct, they were referring to the Insider site deadline, so the rush is still on for me... curses!  No rest for the wicked, or me  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:09:46 PM by napseeker »

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »

It will be interesting to see who ends up on the lists. The past year has brought us quite a few wanted characters in my book. Hey nap, what is the minimum amount of post going to be to vote?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »

It will be interesting to see who ends up on the lists. The past year has brought us quite a few wanted characters in my book. Hey nap, what is the minimum amount of post going to be to vote?

[Checks Mit_Othy's current post count and sees that it is 1655 posts...]

I think I will set it at ..1665!  Yes... that sounds good.

[Now sits back and waits for Mit_Othy to find reasons to make 10 more posts  :) ]

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »

[Checks Mit_Othy's current post count and sees that it is 1655 posts...]

I think I will set it at ..1665!  Yes... that sounds good.

[Now sits back and waits for Mit_Othy to find reasons to make 10 more posts  :) ]

Haha! Going to make me work for it huh? Nicely done napseeker.
My Have/Want list:

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 05:40:01 PM »

Im glad we're able to participate, its nice that the canadaian fans are aknowledged that way. Oh and Napseeker and if its 1665, I guess im not getting a vote then.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

Im glad we're able to participate, its nice that the canadaian fans are aknowledged that way. Oh and Napseeker and if its 1665, I guess im not getting a vote then.

Don't worry Slizer, you'll definitely qualify (the goal is only to deter any sudden "new" members that might sway the votes towards specific characters).  1665 is only for Mit_Othy  :winking0071:

The specifics about the poll will be given in a few days.  If anyone has additional concerns for the voting, please feel free to contact me or post in this thread.

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »

Don't worry Slizer, you'll definitely qualify (the goal is only to deter any sudden "new" members that might sway the votes towards specific characters).  1665 is only for Mit_Othy  :winking0071:

The specifics about the poll will be given in a few days.  If anyone has additional concerns for the voting, please feel free to contact me or post in this thread.

Thanks Napseeker. Guess Mit_Othy is gonna have to get posting if he wants to join in.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »

1665 is only for Mit_Othy  :winking0071:

Lol, Geeze, I feel so special! I better get to work!
My Have/Want list:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »

Great news!!! :-)

I SURE hope I make the cut in terms of posts. I may not be an old timer, but my impressive collection (worth more then 20k$) and almost old age (I'm getting my 40s next March) sure make me a great contributor to the SW merchandise universe. I mean, I'm buying A LOT of these toys (just ask my wife and she'll say way too many toys...) If anything, I think of our the rules should be number of SW Hasbro item featured in a trooper's collection as a factor to determine who's vote counts as highest... :P
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:11:55 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 01:28:21 AM »

Sweet! I did it napseeker! I have brought my posts up to my specific requirement. When do we start voting?  :party0007:
My Have/Want list:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 02:17:38 AM »

Sweet! I did it napseeker! I have brought my posts up to my specific requirement. When do we start voting?  :party0007:

How about right... now!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »

I am formulating my list, and I have a few questions. #1) Can we vote for new sculpts of old characters too? For example, I was thinking of puting Yak Face on my list. Would he be eligible? #2) A few Q&A back, Hasbro said that they are planning on making some CW figures in realistic style. Did they say which characters were planned? It would kinda suck if we voted for a character that they already had in the works, right?
My Have/Want list:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170155
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 56
Total: 59

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 38 queries.