Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It BEGINS... Fan's Choice Poll at Snowtroopers.ca!  (Read 7455 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: It BEGINS... Fan's Choice Poll at Snowtroopers.ca!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »

1) I know I've seen some folks voting for new SA versions of older figures in the past so that should be no problem.  The way it is listed is e.g. Yakface (resculpt/modern SA)

2) The suspicion is that any realistic CW figures that Hasbro already has in the works would likely be Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Rex.  So those four are the only ones that I'd not bother putting in my top 10.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

I'm not eligible to vote yet, but I'm I'm going to put in a plug for some of my favourites anyway. I'm hoping to see Thall Joben, Jann Tosh or Mungo Baobab or really just about anybody from Droids make it to the final Insider poll. Hasbro has to update at least one of these guys someday!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »

Does anyone know if Toryn Farr has been rumoured or confirmed? I am having trouble finding a definitive answer anywhere.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »

Does anyone know if Toryn Farr has been rumoured or confirmed? I am having trouble finding a definitive answer anywhere.

We've asked about her in the Q&As and so far Hasbro has only said that if she were to come out in plastic, she wouldn't be single carded but most likely in a pack of some kind (which makes sense, as we'd mostly all want her with the tactical console).

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »

We've asked about her in the Q&As and so far Hasbro has only said that if she were to come out in plastic, she wouldn't be single carded but most likely in a pack of some kind (which makes sense, as we'd mostly all want her with the tactical console).

Ah, I see. When Hasbro eventually releases her, it has to be with the console. It's just common sense, right?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »

Does anyones know if the Tonnika Twins still fall into the "Don't even ask us to make this figure" category?

I know for a while it was without question that they wouldn't produce the twins...however I do know that they received the rights to do one of the two...

I'd like to see them done, but won't waste up to 2 votes on them if there is not hope of having them made...
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 10:49:27 AM »

Does anyones know if the Tonnika Twins still fall into the "Don't even ask us to make this figure" category?

I know for a while it was without question that they wouldn't produce the twins...however I do know that they received the rights to do one of the two...

I'd like to see them done, but won't waste up to 2 votes on them if there is not hope of having them made...

They are still off-limits. I believe this was asked about and the response was that even though they have the rights to one of the sisters, they're not sure which is which in the film and wouldn't want to take the chance of making a figure of the wrong woman (and then getting sued). Until they sign off on both women, it looks like the chances of seeing the twins are zippo...

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 02:25:59 PM »

They are still off-limits. I believe this was asked about and the response was that even though they have the rights to one of the sisters, they're not sure which is which in the film and wouldn't want to take the chance of making a figure of the wrong woman (and then getting sued). Until they sign off on both women, it looks like the chances of seeing the twins are zippo...

Thanks for clarifying Napseeker!

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »

Napseeker, I have another question: Do I have to specify the color suit of a given character if he appears in 2 different colours in the movie?

One of my top 10 is Sgt. Doallyn from Jabba's Palace...but he appears in both black armor and then white armor on the skiff later on.

At this point, I'd just like to see this guy made, I don't care which color suit they give him.

Can i just write "Sgt Doallyn, SA Sculpt" or do I need to specify "Sgt Doallyn, black armor or white armor, SA Sculpt"?

Thanks

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »

Does anyone know if they have ever stated they will never produce Ackmena from the Holiday Special?  I would also love to see Chewbacca's family made.  Im throwing Lumpy in the ring. lol  Im all about the old school characters.  I agree, more Droids (Cartoon) and Ewoks (Cartoon) figures.  VLIX will be number 1 on my list.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »

Napseeker, I have another question: Do I have to specify the color suit of a given character if he appears in 2 different colours in the movie?

One of my top 10 is Sgt. Doallyn from Jabba's Palace...but he appears in both black armor and then white armor on the skiff later on.

At this point, I'd just like to see this guy made, I don't care which color suit they give him.

Can i just write "Sgt Doallyn, SA Sculpt" or do I need to specify "Sgt Doallyn, black armor or white armor, SA Sculpt"?

Thanks

Sgt. Doallyn seems to be one of the more popular ones elsewhere too (like RScum) so in order to maximize the chances that he'll get the most votes across the other sites, go for the more generic name "Sgt. Doallyn" (you don't need to specify SA Sculpt, Hasbro isn't likely to only give him 6 points of articulation these days).  If you specify "white armour" then I would lump him into a more distinct category that Hasbro may or may not treat as being the same as a generic vote for just "Sgt. Doallyn".   Besides you know it won't matter - once Hasbro tools up the sculpt for him, they will definitely "repaint" it again in the other color down the road.  The trick is just to get them to spend the $$$ on the tooling in the first place.

I'd predict that if he shows up in white armour on the skiff, then Hasbro will release the black one for single card, and the white one as a figure included in a new Skiff release for whenever RotJ 3d comes out.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »

Does anyone know if they have ever stated they will never produce Ackmena from the Holiday Special?  I would also love to see Chewbacca's family made.  Im throwing Lumpy in the ring. lol  Im all about the old school characters.  I agree, more Droids (Cartoon) and Ewoks (Cartoon) figures.  VLIX will be number 1 on my list.

I think someone did ask in a Q&A whether Hasbro will ever make the other aliens (and Ackmena) from the Holiday special given that they did do Animated Boba Fett and the reply was that it's highly unlikely given how obscure the TV special is to modern day fans BUT I don't think they've ever precluded us from nominating any of them for the Fan's Choice Polls.... so go for it  :)`   

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »

OK I was the first to post my official list.  This is what it looks like
1) Ackmena (Holiday Special)
2) Vlix  (Droids)
3) Lumpy (Lumpawaroo) (Holiday Special)
4) Attichitcuk  (Holiday Special)
5) King Terak (Ewoks Movie)
6) Cindel Towani (Ewoks Movie)
7) Mosep Bineed
8 ) Solomahal
9) Reegesk
10) Sise Fromm

As you can see, a heavy push on the Ewoks, Droids and Holiday Special stuff.  Come on guys lets get some of this classic stuff made.   I am basically petitioning the  mid 30's to mid 40's crowd, the younger members might not be to keen on these guys.  Nows our chance!!!  Wouldn't Ackmena look sweet in your Cantina diorama?

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:34 PM »

I like that list! I'm still quite a few posts away from being able to nominate, but if I could those are the kind of characters that I would choose! Go classic TV!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »

I'm thinking along these lines, but not 100% sure yet. Any comments?

1. Darth Revan
2. Bith Musician (Modal Node)
3. Mosep Bineed
4. Zayne Carrick
5. Noghri
6. Ree-Yees
7. Saelt-Marae (Yakface)
8. Solomahal
9. Banis Keeg
10. Anakin Solo (Jedi)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169093
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 37 queries.