Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 02:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasbro Exclusives - what is and isn't coming...  (Read 5388 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Exclusives - what is and isn't coming...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »

Want to add some clarifications/corrections to the above info.

- Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon: will be available in Canada. The product is already available in Hasbro Canada's warehouse apparently, in mass quantity, along with some of the other vehicles (Cad Bane's starfighter and such)

- TVC Luke Skywalker's Tauntaun: will be available through Zellers. Do not if this means Quebec will also have this beast, but at least it's coming to Canada.

- TVC Landspeeder: Same as above (they're part of the same case mix).

So that's it for now. :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 10:37:04 PM »

Thanks to JP for confirming the TVC Zellers exclusives. HasCan have come back to me on a bunch of stuff from last week's call, but haven't got to the exclusives yet. I'll post the details later, but it's good news about TVC waves 7 & 8 and also for the The Clone Wars waves featuring Chewie and Savage.

I guess I also forgot to post that I'd picked up the mobile cannon and the Xanadu Blood from Superstore last week... *blush*

I've pointed out some discrepancies in the info we were given back in August; the guy who provided that hadn't been there long and has since left the company...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:38:52 PM by Darth McAdam »
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 11:00:34 PM »

First up is the news on The Clone Wars - this is direct from HasCan:

3 new waves are coming for Clone Wars in the next week. It will take another week or two for it to be distributed but all of the characters you mentioned below will be available. They are not in the same waves as you mentioned below so I don’t know where you get your information, but yes these characters will be coming to the Canadian market place.

These are the figures that I asked about:

Wave 11
__ CW53: Plo Koon (Cold Weather Gear)
__ CW54: Saesee Tiin
__ CW55: Savage Opress (Shirtless)
__ CW56: ARF Trooper (Kamino)
__ CW57: Stealth Clone Trooper

Wave 12
__ CW58: Even Piell
__ CW59: Savage Opress (Armored)
__ CW60: Kit Fisto (Cold Weather Gear)
__ CW61: Seripas (Bounty Hunter)
__ CW62: Captain Rex (With Jet Pack)

Wave 13
__ CW63: Chewbacca
__ CW64: R7-D4 (Plo Koon's Astromech)
__ CW65: Jar Jar Binks (repack)

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 11:18:52 PM »

Interesting HasCan is implying we are getting different case assortments than those listed at EE. The wave numbers 4,5 and 6 I used came from Hasbro's own SDCC slides.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »

Yep, and the breakdown I used was from RS.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:13 AM »

Actually EE lists different case assortments now, so maybe they were updated from awhile back:

EE Wave 10 / RS Wave 11 / Hasbro Wave 4?
CW38 Clone Commander Jet
CW39 Hondo Onaka (repack)
CW53 Plo Koon (Cold Weather Gear)
CW55 Savage Opress (Shirtless)
CW56 ARF Trooper (Kamino)

EE Wave 11 / RS Wave 12 / Hasbro Wave 5?
CW54 Saesee Tiin
CW57 Stealth Ops Clone
CW60 Kit Fisto (Cold Weather Gear)
CW61 Seripas
CW62 Rex (Jet Pack)

EE Wave 12 / RS Wave 13 / Hasbro Wave 6?
CW58 Jedi Even Piell
CW59 Savage Opress (Armored)
CW63 Chewbacca
CW64 R7-D4
CW65 Jar Jar Binks (repack)

These even out nicely at 5 "new" figures per wave if you count Cmdr. Jet and the repacked Hondo that had been delayed.

Anyways, I've already decided to go to direct ordering for the rest of the CW line, in addition to the TVC I've already been getting these past few waves. It was fun to be able to collect all the CW figures up until now at retail, usually taking advantage of 1/2 price sales. But recently my free time has become too valuable to worry about making toy runs every few days. It'll cost me more money, but money's a replenishable commodity, and my time is not.

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »

Anyways, I've already decided to go to direct ordering for the rest of the CW line, in addition to the TVC I've already been getting these past few waves.

I agree with Wedge on this one. I gave up on retail in Canada earlier this year. If you really want to be sure to get the figs, I really don't think you can rely on retail (and their crappy business models) in this country anymore...direct is definitely the way to go, IMHO.  I would've been really unhappy missing out on figures like Weequay Skiff Master, Bom Vindim, new Ponda Baba, etc.  Really nice looking pieces to add to any collection. My days of driving from store to store and leaving frustrated are over.

"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 10:07:09 AM »

Happy to hear about the cannon coming to Canada.  For me, I go eBay for the figs I really, really want.  Like MU.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37:32 PM »

That is great news about the Tauntaun and Landspeeder! Thanks for the heads up guys.

Although I still love the hunt and the joy of finding new stuff on the pegs. Like others have said here above, I have grown weary of Canadian retail. And have been getting my figures from online sources. I just prefer to know that I will get what I want, as oppose to 'maybe' finding what I want. lol.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »

Although I still love the hunt and the joy of finding new stuff on the pegs. Like others have said here above, I have grown weary of Canadian retail. And have been getting my figures from online sources. I just prefer to know that I will get what I want, as oppose to 'maybe' finding what I want. lol.

I agree, when there's even just a few new items on the pegs to find, it is a lot of fun to collect at retail. I'll miss it, and may eventually go back that way for everything at some point, but for now I am happy to save a little time, gas and frustration. And I'll still pop in once in a while to take a look at what's new, maybe pick up a few duplicates of certain figure for army building / vehicle drivers, etc when there's a sale on. All my vehicles, multipacks, etc will still come from there, so I'll still get my "finder's fix" every now and then!

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »

Brick and Mortar Retail is dying a slow, painful death. Luckily for Star Wars Action Figure collectors who like retail, these toys are carried at some of the more successful 'real' retailers, who will be around for a while. I would prefer to be able to walk into any department store, and be able purchase whatever new figure is out, and be able to pick the one with the best paint job. HAH!  That has rarely happened since the early 80's. I'm lucky to get whatever slim pickin's are on the pegs, let alone even finding popular figures.

Online retail, for all its impersonal flaws and delayed gratification, is by far a superior retail experience these days.  You can find almost EVERYTHING you desire, and often from only one or two stores. And the cost of shipping vs gasoline is not too far apart these days. Much better than the frustration of Canadian retail desolation.

Hoffman

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »

I've not been buying much SW lately, but I will HAVE to pick up the Taun-Taun and Landspeeder.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170154
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 38 queries.