- Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Looking into the forum errors

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2018, 03:06:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walmart again  (Read 613 times)

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Walmart again
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »

So I tried to get Walmart to match the BOGO4$1 sale on Marvel and SW figures but it was a no go. They told me they only do "item price" matches and since their figures are already 9.92 each that's 7 cents cheaper than TRUs starting price. They don't do any sort of offer of buying something to get something else (2 for 1 etc) or so they say. So now I know that (some) Walmarts won't give a "percent off" sale unless the exact price is listed in the flyer (so "All Marvel toys 30 percent off" doesn't fly at the Walmart I spoke with) and now neither does buying one and getting the other at a $1 or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:28:49 PM by sinkie »

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Walmart again
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »

I was always under the impression the sale price had to be printed specifically for any form of price matching. Buy one - get one 1/2 price, buy one - get one for $1, 50% off, 30% off... aren't price-match sales. We take for granted that Wally's prices are generally only a few cents cheaper on figs but what if they decided to suddenly sell them for $5.99? Any of those "sale" scenarios would be devastating to any retailer who  had to price match.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart again
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »

Try another Walmart.

I have had different experience going to a different store.

One store did not price match the TRU 30% sale, another store did no question asked.

One store tole me no price adjustment without the actual product, another store simply used the UPC on the receipt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

• Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
  • Total Posts: 169652
  • Total Topics: 14384
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 69
Total: 70

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 38 queries.