Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 04:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Helping Canadas' veterans  (Read 474 times)

Mando Force

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Helping Canadas' veterans
« on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:17 AM »

Hello Troopers

I'd like to put the word out about a fund raising campaign I'm working on with my school here in BC.  I brief background to start.  I'm currently attending BCIT for a business administration degree.  I'm in my early thirties now and have made the challenging leap of going back to school after a decade serving in the Canadian Forces.  I've served on two missions outside of Canada, one to Bosnia and one to Afghanistan.  A year or so ago I came across a program at BCIT that offered to give soldiers and veterans credit for military experience towards an education.  This is something quite unique and is allowing me to get my Bachelors in 2 years.  The equivalent would take 4 years at any other university here in Canada.  My goal is to eventually transition from military service to a safer job here at home.  I've been working with the program administrators since I started attending classes last year to help get the word out to fellow soldiers and veterans.  We have recently partnered up with the BC/Yukon Legion to help fund future scholarships and bursaries for veterans to attend classes.  This is quite a special program to me and my fellow soldiers because there is very little help when it comes to upgrading education for veterans, especially when it comes to finding help financially.  So I close with asking for your help to put the word out to help us raise awareness of the program and possibly make a donation to our campaign so that we can fund future scholarships and bursaries at BCIT.

School program info:  http://www.bcit.ca/legion/

Fundraising info:

Thank you

Mando Force
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 37 queries.