Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot Toys Bespin Luke is up for pre-order!  (Read 5603 times)

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Hot Toys Bespin Luke is up for pre-order!
« on: November 18, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »

For $300 US it's not something I can afford but I can't afford to let it go by either. Might as well dive in and get the exclusive version while it's still available. Am I the only fool here?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9013991
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:49:45 AM by Hellboy »
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Toys Bespin Luke is up for pre-order!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:44:43 PM »

Oh my goodness! That thing is incredible.  If I had extra $300, I would totally jump on that! And probably in the near future, I will regret not doing it. lol. That head sculpt is just amazing!
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:00:28 PM »

It is ridiculous. The only reason I'm not doing it is because I know Hoth versions will someday show up, and I will have to have them. Until then, I must wait - though passing on an ESB piece of this quality is very hard.  :speechless-smiley-004:

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »

I told my self long ago that I wasn't going to get into the Hot Toys line because of the slight scale difference, and then this piece happened. To be honest when they first showed us it I was still standing by my promise to not get into the Hot Toys stuff, but then it went up for preorder this week and I saw the whole shebang plus the exclusive Luke/Vader head, and I started to sweat. I sat in front of the Sideshow website just one click away from preordering it.

It looks so damn good. There is so much display potential with every piece you get. The face sculpt is unbelievable.

I was able to log out of the site and walk away from the computer, and I think I'm making the right choice. It's pretty expensive and I've made a commitment to collecting Sideshows own line. Who knows.....maybe one day down the road I'll pick it up by some chance I find a deal on it used or something. We'll see.

I wish I could have my cake and eat it too though.  :'(

You're not a fool Hellboy. It's a spectacular piece. I really don't see there ever being a better Bespin Luke 1/6 scale fig again.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 01:11:08 AM »

Ha ha! I did the same thing twice. I put it in the cart and then backed away too hesitant to complete the order. A few hours later I completed the pre-order by Mobil phone. I thought, hell, if I have to walk away from it I'm only out $30. If I changed my mind and missed out later on I'd spend an eternity regretting it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:12:40 AM by Hellboy »
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »

Someone kick me in the groin please, I can't stop looking at this thing and mousing over the button that places it in my cart.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »

I would love to get this, but not sure if I can justify the $$. The exclusive is $300 plus tax, shipping and duty, since sideshow uses a courier, not USPS, so you're looking at nearly $400 by the time all's said and done. I could order from Legends at $300 plus no tax for us snowtroopers and a relatively small shipping charge. It means you're basically paying about $60 for the vader head. Also, my wife sees the bill if it comes from a courier from the US!!

I'd have to sell a few things to get this I think. But 2 full figures with the props makes it more justifiable, for certain.

Any idea of how many different characters they will be producing per year, or overall? It's kind of a weird situation with sideshow and hot toys. Sideshow is still pumping figures out, so how many hot toys versions do they pump out without canibalizing the market? Has there been an official word on this? I know there's a new Vader coming, but is that a hot toys version, or just a new sideshow version?

Anyways, I so shouldn't get this, but I'm sooo tempted...

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »

Two figures makes it easier to swallow... the gigantic weather vane and light up base also adds to the overall price tag so I don't feel as ripped off as I would paying $100 for the TRU Trench Run set.

Trust me.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »

Two figures makes it easier to swallow... the gigantic weather vane and light up base also adds to the overall price tag so I don't feel as ripped off as I would paying $100 for the TRU Trench Run set.
I agree, on both counts. The trench run set is way overpriced. And the value for the hot toys luke is there. It's just that smack of $300+ all in one shot!!
I hear hot toys figure go up in value, not that that will really sway me since I won't be buying to resell, but do they ever drop in value?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »

Like anything else, I'm sure if you want to enjoy it (ie unpack & display it) you will lose the brunt of any big boost in value. There is no way in hell I'd be able to leave something like that boxed - that's just me though.

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »

I sweat every time I check this thread out.  :-\

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »

I sweat every time I check this thread out.  :-\

Those exclusive pre-orders are going quick!  :tongue0024:

Trust me.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »

I was shocked at the price at first (it's PF territory) but given all the cool stuff it comes with, I can understand the price point.

the exclusive is awesome for sure.

congrats to everyone getting it.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »

Bascially $150 per figure, plus large display accessories. Really, it's in the realm of sideshow's norm these days, but with the hot toys quality.

One thing I thought of, is possibly buying the non-exclusive and selling off the battle damage version to keep the clean version. If I could get roughly 1/2 my money back, I think I might do that. If I get into the hot toys line, I'd keep a focus on some main luke figures and a couple other favourites, but I haven't been able to find any clear indication of what direction this line is supposed to be going. Does hot toys/sideshow have a plan? Have they made it public? Too much ambiguity...

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 11:58:31 PM »

I thought of the idea of selling off one of the figures but then I thought... what if they do Vader next and I want to do the duel scene; "I am your father." "No, that's not true. It's impossible"...

or what if they do Yoda next and I want to do a Dagobah scene; "What's in there?", "Only what you take with you".

And what if my wife divorces me for buying them and she gets half and I only have one to split? No... better to keep both just in case. :D

But seriously, they'd better not continue the line at this price range. $150 I can do but not $300 each time they pop out a new one.... accessories or not.

Trust me.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169072
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 45
Total: 47

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 38 queries.