Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 07:02:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Winners  (Read 31044 times)

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Winners
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »

this year the amount of figures my area got was ten times better then ''farce friday'' last year,but i guess the fact that new figures are ending up at Winners says their are still issues or just a simple mess up by someone. i'll check my Winners out but i doubt i will find anything. hopefully if i do they stick that beatiful sticker on the back instead! :S

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2016, 08:30:35 PM »

Very reasonable price for these. Not sure if it's a good sign they showed up there that quickly though.  :confused0024:

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:51 AM »

ya! thats weird! i found a couple waves at least at Winners tonight too! the sticker was on the front as well :/ maybe its a good sign these are at winners already. this way all that extra wave 1 stock will move faster if they are dumping it everywhere. my area has a lot of Rogue One 5 POA plus the new SA wave showed up in small quantities too. i grabbed two ERG's. got lucky! the other walmart they were gone already as i didnt get their till a couple days after i found the other ones at the other store.

it looks like they are on top of numbers for figures. lets hope it stays that way.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »

Not surprisingly Marshalls is also getting in the Rogue One Wave 1 5POA figures for the same 7.99 price.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »

Found 12" Rogue One figures at a Winners - 11.99. There were only 2 Jyns.

Also saw a Sabine Wren Hot Wheels character car at another Winners.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

Saw Black Series TFA 6" Wave 1 figures at both a Marshalls and a Winners - 14.99. Saw Finn (Jakku), Rey (no lightsaber) and FO Stormtroopers.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2016, 04:04:13 PM »

Saw them today finally.  However, they look so badly done like they are knockoffs.  Took a picture of the Stormtrooper.  The Kylo Ren had the non-updated lightsaber (ie. all black) and the smooth texture on the scarf.

The paint apps on the Stormtrooper were worse than the knockoff/bootleg ones from China. The box itself looks different than what I remember seeing.  Also, the taping is completely different than ones I see at other places.  It's just one fat piece of tape on the top and bottom for all of them unlike the other ones with two skinny pieces of tape at top and one skinny on the bottom.

rc0224

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

Ya I remember seeing that stormtrooper few weeks ago and saw another 6" Jakku Fin at another Winners, Both Paint application are really really bad, and the print on the box feels weird.

Saw them today finally.  However, they look so badly done like they are knockoffs.  Took a picture of the Stormtrooper.  The Kylo Ren had the non-updated lightsaber (ie. all black) and the smooth texture on the scarf.

The paint apps on the Stormtrooper were worse than the knockoff/bootleg ones from China. The box itself looks different than what I remember seeing.  Also, the taping is completely different than ones I see at other places.  It's just one fat piece of tape on the top and bottom for all of them unlike the other ones with two skinny pieces of tape at top and one skinny on the bottom.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »

Just realized the Stormtrooper head is facing forward instead of to the right a little too. 

Thinking this might be the same situation as those Dollarama 5 POA 2-packs.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »

Pretty sure these are not knock offs but the real thing.

Just think that there are so different markets, so quality of production may vary from market to market. The Asian market, with barely no real quality control (there's a "fake" quality control on industrial products, believe me I've been through that in my job, so can't imagine there's a real QC for toys!) I'm sure tends to get the cheaper production runs. The Western economies probably gets the best quality of products due to the severe QC.

But with the overstock of products, and the decline of sales, Hasbro probably decided to dump their overruns to the cheap retailers and dollar stores. So we end up with a stash of cheap products at cheap retail stores.

So these are real. But the real cheap things.

Merely for the poisonous materials that could be in plastic and paint that does not fall within the reach of FDA (the serious Food & Drugs Administration) in the USA (and thus for Canada as well), I would stay away from these cheap products if you intend to give them to your kids at XMas.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »

So these are real. But the real cheap things.

Merely for the poisonous materials that could be in plastic and paint that does not fall within the reach of FDA (the serious Food & Drugs Administration) in the USA (and thus for Canada as well), I would stay away from these cheap products if you intend to give them to your kids at XMas.

Wouldn't Hasbro still have to abide by the regulations put into place for the sale of these items, though? In terms of health/safety?

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »

Hasbro probably has to follow certain rules but nobody probably checks. If something bad ever happens, then things get looked at, which is too late at that point. There is probably some small fine paid if they are caught.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2016, 05:43:45 AM »

Did, really well yesterday at winners, found a bunch of R1 figures they came up $6.33 after tax with the 30% off.
A couple of  Stormies, bunch of Ground crew and a couple of K2SO's.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »

Check your local Winner's their Star Wars figures are starting to go into clearance for $5

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2017, 08:49:46 PM »

Saw Rogue One package Hot Wheels Starship 2-packs at a Marshalls: Tie Interceptor vs Millennium Falcon and Tie Striker (Battle Damaged) vs X-Wing (Red 5) - 9.99.

Edit: Correct Tie Striker to Tie Interceptor which make a lot more sense.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:24:52 AM by General Brashin »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 26
Total: 29

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 38 queries.