Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 07:29:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 1485 times)

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Star Wars: The Old Republic
« on: December 20, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »

Anyone getting this game? It's out now. :)

My wife picked up the Collector's Edition for me (I'm a sucker for game statues). Some people I know from online will be on server "Shii-Cho" (it's a PvE server) on the Sith side, although we'll be making alt Republic characters as well.

Let me know if you're interested in playing!

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »

Installing. Will post back when I'm in-game.
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »

Lot of folks from the WoW community are checking it out - mixed reviews so far. All the best with the game, and with the oh-so-difficult time management issues that arise after you get totally immersed in the game.

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »

Finally started playing.

If anyone is interested, I'm on server "Shii-Cho" as a Sith Inquisitor going by the name of Red'eemer (note the apostrophe).

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »

Anyone in a Jedi or Sith Class - What level are u at and do you have a proper lightsaber yet? I'm level 9 Jedi Knight - Trying to beat some worthless Flesh Raider with a saber but keep getting killed....Still thinking the game will find some way not to let me get one even if I ever beat this fool like the first guy I wasted with a saber!!
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Sam

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »

Anyone in a Jedi or Sith Class - What level are u at and do you have a proper lightsaber yet? I'm level 9 Jedi Knight - Trying to beat some worthless Flesh Raider with a saber but keep getting killed....Still thinking the game will find some way not to let me get one even if I ever beat this fool like the first guy I wasted with a saber!!

You will get your lightsaber around level 10.

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »

Mini-review: I've been playing this game pretty much every day for the past couple of weeks and it has me hooked. I really like the story. The voice acting is great and having the Mass Effect-esque dialogue tree really helps me shape what kind of character I'm developing in my mind. I'm playing a Sith Warrior as my main character and at times, I'll pick the "light side" choice because I think it fits in with my character's nature.

The game encourages you to group with others at times by having some heroic missions where you need two or more people. Well, you don't have to have two or more, especially if you're high level. But I think you have to be REALLY high level as sometimes you'll still get overwhelmed. However I find that I really don't like it when there are a bunch of missions that require a full party of 4 because you can't always find enough people interested in participating in that mission. And usually you need a "tank" and a "healer", which makes finding a party more difficult.

I played WoW for about a year so picking up this game wasn't too hard for me. It also helps that some of the people I played WoW with are playing this game as well and I can always ask them questions when I need help. For someone new to the the whole MMORPG genre, there's a slight learning curve. Fortunately, it seems like people are fairly understanding when it comes to asking questions in the general chat channel.

Anyways, enough rambling. If you don't mind paying monthly fees and you have the self-control to not let yourself get lost in the game, I'd recommend getting this game. The crafting system is fun, I like how you have companions in the game, and combat is pretty interesting. You have oodles of abilities and most of them are actually useful! In fact, I find that I have too many combat abilities and I can't keep track of them all. :)

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »

Oh and for those of you planning on picking up the game and want someone to play with, I'm on server "Shii-Cho" on the Empire side. My main character is a Sith Juggernaut named "Redeth". I sometimes play as an Imperial Agent named "Rediss" as well.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »

I loved the KOTOR games, and after reading all the TOR novels and comics, I am interested to follow the storylines in the new game. However, MMO's just don't appeal to me as my gameplaying habits and preferences don't mesh well. And I don't want to pay a subscription fee for something I'm not likely to be playing all the time...

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »

There are quite references to the KOTOR game (naturally). I could "spoil" it for those of you not interesetd in playing the game. Actually, you might even be able to find information about the game online. The subscription fee always seems to be a deal breaker for people but depending on your gaming habits, it could theoretically be cheaper to play a MMO. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169117
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 44
Total: 46

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 38 queries.