Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 02:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TPM Vintage Darth Maul  (Read 2658 times)

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
TPM Vintage Darth Maul
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »

I was on the fence about getting the Vintage Maul, thinking it would be a straight repack of the Sith Evo set figure. I was pleased to see upon opening him that they have added new articulation to the hips and included ball jointed elbows now. He includes all the accessories required, with Big H even adding his silver wrist device. The only minor complaint is that the soft goods skirt IMO is a tad too long. Otherwise, a great figure all-around. Anyone who's on the fence about getting "Yet another Darth Maul" should snap him up when/if you see him.  :)`
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: TPM Vintage Darth Maul
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

I'm on the fence... not keen on the plastic hood. I'm curious if it's the better figure over the one that comes with the speeder.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »

If the one with the speeder is the same as the LAST one with the speeder, it's a good Maul but almost too short if I recall correctly. Not that Ray Park is a tall dude by any stretch, but it's noticeably short.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »

If the one with the speeder is the same as the LAST one with the speeder, it's a good Maul but almost too short if I recall correctly. Not that Ray Park is a tall dude by any stretch, but it's noticeably short.

It is a straight repack of the 1999 one, both the speeder and Maul - or at the very most, a light repaint. I just received mine from TRU in the mail today.
It's not the greatest Maul, articulation-wise. I imagine the new TVC one is superior in that respect (haven't gotten mine yet).
Here's the 1999 one: http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIvehsithspeeder.asp

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »

I picked up the new Maul - and didn't open it for a dew days - as I debated opening it - but it is easily the best Maul to date.  The articulation is great, as are the paint apps.  The fact that the horns are brown - vs the black face paint - is a feature that I really love.  Certainly worth the $s.  So far - I'm impressed with the line.

LIKEaBOSSK

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • www.likeabossk.com
    • View Profile
    • likeaBOSSK.com
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Wow this Maul figure is awesome! I had all of the previous mauls and this is the definitive version for sure!

LIKEaBOSSK

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • www.likeabossk.com
    • View Profile
    • likeaBOSSK.com
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 01:33:57 AM »

I was looking through some of my old boxed up gear and found this beauty to go with the new super articulate Maul (pic for reference) The metal saber hilt! it has removable blades wonder why Hasbro never explored more metal saber hilts?!
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/swsaga/sw0242darthmaulloose.jpg

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:35:34 AM by Meegari »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »

I picked up the new Maul - and didn't open it for a dew days - as I debated opening it - but it is easily the best Maul to date.  The articulation is great, as are the paint apps.  The fact that the horns are brown - vs the black face paint - is a feature that I really love.  Certainly worth the $s.  So far - I'm impressed with the line.

I agree with this assessment, definitely the best Maul to date. When DDP said that it was going to be the Evo Maul packed into the TVC card during an earlier interview, I was going to skip getting him... but whew, thank goodness they put in an all-new mold here.  Now if they just release one without the comm-bracelet left arm... that would be good.  Perhaps they could also put in a "cut in half" feature similar to the PotJ(?) Darth Maul as well.... with a swappable head showing Maul's face in total shock that such a slooooow and obvious flip could result in him being killed so stupidly :P

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 68
Total: 69

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 38 queries.