Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 04:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Fighter Pods  (Read 2582 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Star Wars Fighter Pods
« on: February 04, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »

Anyone here interested in collecting the new line of SW Fighter Pods from Hasbro? There's a big random assortment aspect and limited availability of exclusives to this line. I was thinking of buying a case or 2 of the blind 2-packs to start up, but not sure where a good place to do that would be. I don't see them on the Legends website, but Big Bad Toy Store has a good price for them. The issue is shipping though.

AntillesJanson

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fighter Pods
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »

I was planning on getting them earlier this year, but after seeing how small they actually are and the price tag... they aren't exactly part of my top priorities anymore. Still, I might crack, buy the vehicule packs and try to get a selected few characters. Speaking of, has Hasbro released a checklist of some kind so we know how many there are in total and who we're missing?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »

There's a printable checklist for Series 1 up here:
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/discover/news/upload/NewFighterPods.pdf

Here's a quick breakdown of Series 1:
- 6 vehicles
- 48 figures (30 commons and 18 exclusives)
- Of the 18 exclusives, 4 are found in the 16-packs, 4 in the 12-pks, 4 in the 8-pks and 6 in the Mystery Bag 2-pks
- The distribution is random (and possibly weighted differently for each figure?)

I hear you on the price though - that's what's got me on the fence. It's about $2 per 1/2" figure. And if you're trying to collect them all, that's a lot of multiple commons (ie, wasted money).

If anyone does go for these, let us know here and maybe we can get a little trading community going!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:26:47 PM by Wedge1021 »

AntillesJanson

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »

Oh thanks for the link Wedge!

Quote from: Wedge1021
I hear you on the price though - that's what's got me on the fence. It's about $2 per 1/2" figure. And if you're trying to collect them all, that's a lot of multiple commons (ie, wasted money).

And this is going to sound very girly, but some of them really aren't as cute as they appear on the checklist. 'Cause yes, I really was expecting the same cuteness as could be found with the GH series.  :(

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:08 PM »

OK so after doing some more research into these, it looks like the exclusives could actually be the easier ones to collect. It looks like if you buy the 16-pk, the 2 different 12-pks and the 2 different 8-pks you would have all 6 vehicles and those 12 exclusives. You'd also get a random assortment of 44 "commons" of which you'd be sure to get some multiples and of which 9 of them will be hidden figures that you won't be able to see what they are until opening. So after starting with those 5 sets, you'd move on to the blind 2-pks to get the last 6 exclusives and hopefully fill out the rest of the commons set. Each 2-pk has 1 exclusive and 1 common, so I'd guess it wouldn't be too hard to get all 6 exclusives, it's the commons that could actually be more difficult depending on how many you'd still need. There are also Starter Set 4-pks that include only commons, and none are hidden, so that might also be a way to go to finish off a commons set. Or trading / ebay would work too. Might not be such a difficult task to get a full collection after all then, so I might actually give this a go... I'll have to take a better look at them in the store first.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:48:32 PM by Wedge1021 »

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:33:29 PM »

So I'm giving these a whirl. Managed to get about 85% of them in just one 8pk, both 12's and the 16, as well as several blind 2pks.
If anyone is interested in trading (or buy/sell), check out my thread and PM me http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=21997.msg201822#new

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »

Got Series 1 completed now! I had to resort to a trip to the States to find the 12 packs - haven't seen those around here anywhere.
Now I wonder when Series 2 comes out?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »

Judging by the apparent lack of interest in Fighter Pods (pegwarming like crazy at my TRU), I wasn't too hopeful that Series 2 would even make it to market. But looks like they are showing up in the States right now: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Fighter_Pods_Wave_2_Showing_Up_146153.asp

Almost another full series, just no large-size 16-figure vehicle pack this time. Lots of repaints from series 1, but there are much better trooper variations. Also a Prototype armor Boba Fett! Still no Ewoks though...

I'm still doubtful that these may ever show up in Canada.

EDIT: Entertainment Earth is showing Series 3 due for August in the US already as well, but I'm thinking this isn't really a new series
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:54:16 PM by Wedge1021 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 57
Total: 59

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.