Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 06:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saleucami clone trooper discrepancy  (Read 2346 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Saleucami clone trooper discrepancy
« on: April 03, 2012, 11:12:20 PM »

I just got a clone trooper (saleucami) off of Tunghori. It is supposed to be this one: http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05targetclone.asp. It has all the correct paint apps, etc. However there is one thing that is different - the one I have has the slot in the top of his back for the typical communications antenna (which he did come with). Thing is, the photos show that this release did not have that slot, nor the antenna accessory. I am trying to figure out if there was a later release of him with the antenna incorporated in. Any help out there? Thanks!

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Saleucami clone trooper discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »

The only re-releases of this figure that I know of are the Legacy (BAD) release, and the TAC legends release of Neyo.  I don't believe that either of these figures came with a slot for antenna, and both of those had different helmet sculpts than the ROTS version and came with pauldrons.  I'm not %100 sure, I'd have to check into it, but there may have been a version that came with a speeder bike as well.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »

Yes, those ones that you mentioned are the BARC / Neyo versions of the Saleucami Trooper - first came out in a Speeder Bike 2 pk battlepack in the TAC collection. I have those as well, and they do not have the antenna. The ROTS one was a "regular" Trooper.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:23:37 PM »

Since it seems to be questionable as to where and how exactly this tunghori character gets his figures, perhaps they are "bootleged" (for lack of a better term) figures that are just regular Hasbro factory produced clones (rots#41) with a saleucami paint app. added?  He could be part of an 'after hours' crew at the factory that has access to molding and paint machinery?  :confused0024: I have no facts to back any of that though.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »

Wasn't Tunghori the one who sold that female Stormtrooper figure (it used snowbunny Padme's head on top of the SWL female Stormtrooper body).  That never got released at retail and has only been available thru ebay, I think most buyers assumed it was made from kitbashing some extra factory heads and bodies...

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »

Since it seems to be questionable as to where and how exactly this tunghori character gets his figures, perhaps they are "bootleged" (for lack of a better term) figures that are just regular Hasbro factory produced clones (rots#41) with a saleucami paint app. added?

Well I thought about that too but it didn't seem to me that "custom" paint apps would be worth his time - kitbashing yes, but not paint. I was mostly curious to see this oddity and since it can be hard sometimes to comb through all the various archives on sites like Rebelscum for something like this I thought I'd throw it out there. In the end it will not really matter - in fact I like this version better than the "official" one as it's now got an extra accessory! Usually it's complaints about missing items from Tunghori figures.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:38:42 PM »

To be constantly in supply with such a large amount of a wide variety of 'in demand', mint conditioned figures how hard is it to believe that this person, or someone he works for/with, is in possession of original molds or copies of original molds and are just producing these themselves in their own factory.  If Hasbro can set up a production line to make these figures, then anyone with the right set-up can do the same, perhaps to a smaller scale.  How hard would it be for them to not notice or forget that the original version came without the standard clone antenna?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »

They could have been early production ones that never got approved for mass retail - I'm sure they do test runs of a few hundred units here and there for quality assurance.  :confused0024:

arohi

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 05:44:12 AM »

The bottom corner of the page had a listing for 3 (?) mego-sized dolls - marketed as
"and who could forget the cantina cutups? Those funny interstellar guys..."
basically, Sears had some space dolls left over and snuck it onto the SW page

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »

Is this some kind of spam post?  It seems to have just cut a section from a previous thread and posted it here?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »

Yep, I removed a link from another one a few days ago. The automated system of letting people sign up isn't perfect I don't think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 37 queries.