Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 12:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC 20 Yoda Canadian Variant  (Read 1888 times)

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
TVC 20 Yoda Canadian Variant
« on: May 05, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »

I received this version of Yoda today with some help from a fellow trooper.  What I noticed that I thought was nice is that not only is the card front unique to Canada (for the time being at least), but the card back is also Canadian oriented.  The original vintage Yoda pictured on the back is the Canadian version.  I haven't checked all the figures that I have so I don't know that this is the only case, but of the few that I did check this was the only one that featured an origianal Canadian version in the photo.

"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: TVC 20 Yoda Canadian Variant
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:43:55 AM »

Very nice! Hopefully you've got the next Wedge Antilles on your hands there.  :party0053:

Bounty Hunter-CK

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »

One just sold for over US$120 a few days ago :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008:

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »

One just sold for over US$120 a few days ago :scared0008: :scared0008: :scared0008:

I find it hard to believe that price will hold over time, if it stays only on Canadian card then I'm sure it will always hold a premium over others but doubtful at 11X regular figure.  At the same time I'd have bought as many cases as possible if I'd known selling the one figure would cover the cost of the rest of the box.  The rest of the assortment was pretty decent as well including Revenge of the Jedi Boba, Arc Trooper Commander, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Revenge Tie Pilot ect.

On a side note, it's funny because as cool as this variation is and as glad as I am to have it, I still feel like I have a hole in the collection now.  I was expecting this Yoda to just fill in the missing #20 in my collection and been done with, now I still "have" to get the U.S. version with the original Revenge of the Sith pic...  Hasbro\Lucas\eBay you dirty so and so's, clearly you win again. :winking0071:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »

As an OT collector the card is great...the PT accessories not so much!

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »

I find it hard to believe that price will hold over time, if it stays only on Canadian card then I'm sure it will always hold a premium over others but doubtful at 11X regular figure.  At the same time I'd have bought as many cases as possible if I'd known selling the one figure would cover the cost of the rest of the box.  The rest of the assortment was pretty decent as well including Revenge of the Jedi Boba, Arc Trooper Commander, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Revenge Tie Pilot ect.

On a side note, it's funny because as cool as this variation is and as glad as I am to have it, I still feel like I have a hole in the collection now.  I was expecting this Yoda to just fill in the missing #20 in my collection and been done with, now I still "have" to get the U.S. version with the original Revenge of the Sith pic...  Hasbro\Lucas\eBay you dirty so and so's, clearly you win again. :winking0071:

that one ain't so bad: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Star-Wars-2011-Vintage-VC20-Yoda-Revenge-Sith-mint-unpunched-card-/360450584387?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53ec876f43

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »

If your looking for this figure there is a guy on ebay selling it with a case of 12 figures.  Auction 261019980016 has the Yoda on Return of The Jedi, Revenge of The Jedi Boba and Return of The Jedi Leia, it also has some pretty good army builders.  His auction has a starting bid of $109.99 and a buy it now for $139.99.  He also has a different case which has the Yoda but does not have the Revenge of The Jedi Boba, it is at $99.99. shipping is about $12.

Better prices than $120 for just the Yoda.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »

Yoda and the rest of the wave spotted at TRU

Bounty Hunter-CK

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »

Yoda and the rest of the wave spotted at TRU

Wow,better hurry :fett:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170114
  • Total Topics: 14396
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 37 queries.