Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 11:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

29 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RARELY STOP BY THE SITE THESE DAYS...NOT ALOT OF SW NEWS ...  (Read 4950 times)

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile

...PLUS THE FRONT PAGE THING IS GETTING REALLLLLLY OLD!!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: RARELY STOP BY THE SITE THESE DAYS...NOT ALOT OF SW NEWS ...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:48:44 AM »

There has been a problem with the front page allowing updates since, well Nadarr Vebb started arriving in fans' homes back forever ago. We've had numerous people offer to help, to no avail.  :speechless-smiley-004:

My suggestion is to bookmark the forums instead of the front page, at least until we get something figured out.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »

Or we could rename the site THE NAHDAR VEBB Fan Club. :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:25:38 PM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »

It's a great figure - maybe not QUITE that great, but it's great.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 08:36:17 PM »

There has been a problem with the front page allowing updates since, well Nadarr Vebb started arriving in fans' homes back forever ago. We've had numerous people offer to help, to no avail.  :speechless-smiley-004:

My suggestion is to bookmark the forums instead of the front page, at least until we get something figured out.

There's a front page? haha, yeah I have just had the forum bookmarked since I first joined so never even see the front page.
I use JTA for my news now that Rebelscum's post-Curto main page has turned into a giant advertisment for ebay auctions, online retailers, and the release of various SW paraphernalia & trinkets.
Not that there's anything really newsworthy right now anyways.

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »

I use JTA for my news now that Rebelscum's post-Curto main page has turned into a giant advertisment for ebay auctions, online retailers, and the release of various SW paraphernalia & trinkets.

Just as a matter of interest Wedge, how was Rebelscum's main page any different when Curto was involved?  I'll be honest, having switched sites from Jedi News to Rebelscum, I'm curious to know what you think has changed.  Admittedly, there have been quite a few eBay auctions reported for the eBay today segment (which is a favourite of Steve Sansweet), though these are often sent to us by readers, and I would agree with you that there hasn't been a lot of news recently.  That said, I'm posting more Canadian news (e.g. the current TRU sale, Revenge of the Jedi finds at Liquidation World and Winners) and we have been posting Sideshow news as well as details of Gentle Giant's Memorial Weekend Extravaganza.

I'm probably being a bit defensive, but I hadn't noticed much of a difference in what was being posted on Rebelscum's front page since the parting of ways.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »

JTA?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 12:21:45 AM »

Just as a matter of interest Wedge, how was Rebelscum's main page any different when Curto was involved?  I'll be honest, having switched sites from Jedi News to Rebelscum, I'm curious to know what you think has changed.  Admittedly, there have been quite a few eBay auctions reported for the eBay today segment (which is a favourite of Steve Sansweet), though these are often sent to us by readers, and I would agree with you that there hasn't been a lot of news recently.  That said, I'm posting more Canadian news (e.g. the current TRU sale, Revenge of the Jedi finds at Liquidation World and Winners) and we have been posting Sideshow news as well as details of Gentle Giant's Memorial Weekend Extravaganza.

I'm probably being a bit defensive, but I hadn't noticed much of a difference in what was being posted on Rebelscum's front page since the parting of ways.

Well I guess it is probably more coincidental than anything that the current dry spell of "real" Hasbro-related SW news happens to be around the same time that Dan Curto scaled back and then left Rebelscum. Those two things obviously would not have much/any relation to each other. Now, I still do visit the Rebelscum news page, and one thing I do appreciate is the great increase in Canadian content, but for some reason it has just not kept my attention as much lately as it has in years past. Maybe there are just as many ebay-type postings as always, but they seem to stand out more now because there is really nothing much else to talk about in between them at the moment. I honestly can't really explain it - it is just the opinion and feeling I have right now, which as we all know can change back and forth over time. I think it's just that I don't really find those types of posting to be very applicable to me - they're just not something I'm interested in very much (I don't follow Sideshow or GG, as they are out of my price range and display room, so that is my 3 3/4" bias speaking). Not your fault, that's just the way it is for me.

As for JTA (Jedi Temple Archives for you, darthpaul), what I find interesting there right now is following the updates on new/old product availability at retail. It is all US-based info, but I still like knowing how things are working out there (and that distribution is as horrible there as it is here!) There are the ebay-auction-type postings there as well, but they seem to me to be spaced out more by different types of postings - new sightings, reviews, opinion pieces, whatever. Actually, I just thought of one main thing different about JTA - the inclusion of comments for each new posting. I will often read a news posting and wonder what others think about the topic. Well the comments are a way to get this. That is probably the one main difference that has drawn me that way more. Anyways, I know this is a totally subjective comparison but what can I say? In all fairness, I'm actually spending more time over at cybertron.ca as I've recently begun a small Transformers collection for myself. So what do I know? ;-)

By the way, the photo archives at Rebelscum are second-to-none! They are still my #1 destination for all reference purposes. I find it to be the best laid out and most informative of any toy guide I have come across. To me it is the gold standard. If you guys keep that going like you have been you'll have me coming back no matter what's going on news-wise! You will always have a permanent spot in my bookmarks toolbar.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »

Why did Curto leave?

RyDel

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »

By the way, the photo archives at Rebelscum are second-to-none! They are still my #1 destination for all reference purposes. I find it to be the best laid out and most informative of any toy guide I have come across. To me it is the gold standard. If you guys keep that going like you have been you'll have me coming back no matter what's going on news-wise! You will always have a permanent spot in my bookmarks toolbar.

Hit the nail on head.  ;)

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 02:26:21 AM »

Thanks Wedge for satisfying my curiosity and I appreciate your honesty.  I know what you mean about the comments on JTA and I too am interested in what others have to say and enjoy reading those.  It's also good to know how highly regarded the RS photo archive is and since I am going to be working on that, I am all too aware of the high standards that need to be maintained.  No pressure then! ;)

Anyway, thanks again for voicing your opinion.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »

It's also good to know how highly regarded the RS photo archive is and since I am going to be working on that, I am all too aware of the high standards that need to be maintained.  No pressure then! ;)

Haha, yes you better not screw that up! ;-) j/k I'm sure you'll do a bang-up job! Good luck and congrats for getting to take it over. It's a big job I'm sure but very appreciated. I refer to the archive at least twice a day!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

Thanks Wedge for satisfying my curiosity and I appreciate your honesty.  I know what you mean about the comments on JTA and I too am interested in what others have to say and enjoy reading those...

(Since the more recent thread specifically about Rebelscum got locked, and I didn't want to start a new thread just to post this bit, I'm tacking on to this old one)

Darth McAdam, I'm not sure if you had anything to do with this, but I just noticed that Rebelscum has added disqus comments to the news postings. I'll have to start visiting the home page more often again. Keep up the tweaking, everyone's always got room for improvement!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170186
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 37 queries.