Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 05:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US WalMart Exclusive (for now) TPM 3D Ric Olie & Naboo Pilot  (Read 2342 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

I believe both of these figures will be re-released before the end of the Vintage line, just to put aside any concerns folks might have.

Luckily, I found these still hanging around on my latest trip to the US (July 2012) so they are still out there (I had originally passed on them back in February, much closer to their release).

Upon opening both figures the similarities are obviously very striking. I would go so far as to say the bodies & cloaks are identical. There are, however, 2 very good reasons to buy both figures: the head sculpts are different & both are excellent AND they come with separate and unique helmet accessories (Ric Olie's goggles are in the down position, covering his eyes whereas the Naboo Pilot's helmet has the goggles in the up position, above the characters forehead). The helmets are interchangeable without issue, making both looks for both characters available to you.

The articulation is excellent, no issues on mine with loose joints or sloppy paint - check the faces & be choosy if you find a few as there were some slightly-sloppy hair (dark brown for both figures) applications in the few that I sorted through.

The Pilot is a previously unreleased figure. Those in possession of the Ric Olie figure from the TPM basic line will see as much of an improvement here as those who purchased the 2012 Darth Maul did over it's corresponding 1999 figure - there is NO comparison.

Both of these figures were completely "worth the money" in my opinion.  :)`

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: US WalMart Exclusive (for now) TPM 3D Ric Olie & Naboo Pilot
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »

Actually JR, Ric Olie is not being re-released in the vintage line, just the Naboo pilot if memory serves (that's why I made sure to get Ric early on...) probably because I think he was something of a pegwarmer when he first came out.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »

Ah, tks for that nap. I thought they were both on their way. I would hazard a guess Ric Olie will make another appearance in the future, it's a good figure.

Cmdr Bacara

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I whacked Ki-Adi Mundi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:28:42 PM »

The Astromech droid will also not be released.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »

I had a look at it & passed. It looked very cheap. I did buy the Gungan warrior even though I had similar concerns - he's on ok figure but there is a pretty bad paint scratch/rubbed off spot on mine that stinks.  :shakehead:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »

I had a look at it & passed. It looked very cheap. I did buy the Gungan warrior even though I had similar concerns - he's on ok figure but there is a pretty bad paint scratch/rubbed off spot on mine that stinks.  :shakehead:

You should've waited on getting that one (just because the gungan warrior is shipping again supposedly), something tells me he won't be burning up the pegs when he arrives.  Yeah, it's too bad about the yellow R5 unit being an exclusive, I wanted him, but since he's just a cheap BaD repaint, couldn't justify paying $10+shipping to get one.

I do wonder if the fact that TPM figures are what's causing the stall and keeping better figures from reaching the pegs, if Hasbro Canada might not skip bringing those TPM "wave 2" figures into Canada. Hmmmmmm.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »

:D

(sorry to all you who want them, but the current situation makes me hate TPM even more than I would have thought possible! Then again...if these were part of a mixed wave that might mean missing any awesome OT offerings that come with them...)

revised emoticon:  :confused0024:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:18:45 PM by sinkie »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »

:D

(sorry to all you who want them, but the current situation makes me hate TPM even more than I would have thought possible! Then again...if these were part of a mixed wave that might mean missing any awesome OT offerings that come with them...)

revised emoticon:  :confused0024:

Don't hate... hate leads to fear, fear leads to suffering (pegwarming) and suffering leads to ebay.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

Your version of the Jedi mantra actually makes more sense than it does in those damned films!

Sadly though, there is no way in hell I'm buying an orphan Annie figure to get me some cantina aliens. I...just...can't go down that path or forever will it dominate my destiny!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure that these are the last 2 case assortments for The Vintage Collection for the year (after the Malgus wave and Tarkin wave clear through somehow). So there is plenty of OT goodness out there somewhere. Just hope that all those troopers in the Jar Jar wave don't clog the pegs for the last wave.

Late Summer:
=============
This case will be double-packed, with one set of the figures on regular TVC cardback and one set on the SDCC "Lost Line" cardbacks:
VC108 Jar Jar Binks
VC109 Clone Lieutenant
VC110 Shock Trooper
VC111 Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)
VC112 Sandtrooper
VC113 Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)

October-ish:
=============
This case will have all 12 figures being new - no repacks (well, unless you count those 4 WM Discover the Force figures, but they're on TVC cardbacks this time).
VC71 Mawhonic
VC72 Naboo Pilot
VC73 Aurra Sing
VC74 Gungan Warrior
VC102 Ahsoka Tano (Clone Wars)
VC103 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars)
VC104 Lumat
VC105 Emperor's Royal Guard
VC106 Nien Nunb
VC107 Weequay Skiff Guard
VC114 Orrimaarko (Prune Face)
VC115 Republic Trooper (The Old Republic)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170145
  • Total Topics: 14398
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 37 queries.