Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 08:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trench run TRU exclusive  (Read 1437 times)

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Trench run TRU exclusive
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »

Did anyone pick this up when it was available? Is it a decent set? Anything new about it? I can't remember reading much about it when it was in the stores. Mostly I'm just curious I guess.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Trench run TRU exclusive
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »

Didn't buy it, it was way over-priced for what it is (I think $130??). It's basically repainted Luke/Vader/R2 figures, repainted Vader's TIE, and retooled "small" X-wing. I have all those or better versions already. It's a great set for a kid or someone who doesn't have those items yet, but only if you can get it on clearance or at least on sale. There's a review here: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=892. There's still several of them left at my TRU (along with many other things - like OVER A DOZEN YARNA'S!!! Sorry, just had to vent)

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »

Saw this on clearance at my local TRU Express store for $50ish.  They had two of them.  Don't think the pricing is the same at the big stores.  Staff mentioned they were having a clearance sale to move older stock that the big stores weren't.  Apparently they had TVC Y-wing for $13, but I missed out on that one.  Also had the Unleased 5 pack for $20.

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »

I got mine on some sort of 25-30% off sale. As there was stuff I was interested in in it.

Luke is the VTSC Pilot
Vader is I believe a VOTC repaint
R2 was a repack from the legacy droid factory sets (one of my main reasons for buying the set)

Vaders Tie was just a simple repaint of the POTF2 one, i think it matches the saga/TAC paint masks.

Lukes X-Wing, that was the real beauty of the set. all the proportions of the Force FX X-Wing, with smaller details that make it absolutely goregous. IT has the hatch underneath it seen in TESB on Deagobah (SP?), a flip out torpedo launcher, the front landing skid is hidden by a hatch. then theres the cockpit, working targeting computer, there is a control yoke, and an overall improvement over the wedge X-Wing that sits beside it. It also maintains all the details, that are seen on the Studio models (I compared it with the blu-ray prop turn arounds)

I guess as you can tell I love the X-Wing from the set, and I felt like it was totally worth the price I paid for it. 

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:55:33 PM »

Yeah, I do remember it being some crazy high price when it came out. I found the set on kijiji (complete/loose) But it was already sold when I replied to the ad.   :( Watched a few Youtube reviews on the set and that X-Wing looks pretty sweet! Hopefully Hasbro decides to release it possibly in the Starfighter line.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »

Yeah, I do remember it being some crazy high price when it came out. I found the set on kijiji (complete/loose) But it was already sold when I replied to the ad.   :( Watched a few Youtube reviews on the set and that X-Wing looks pretty sweet! Hopefully Hasbro decides to release it possibly in the Starfighter line.

It can fit in a smaller box because the wings come off like the old FX models, and its nose now comes off. So I feel like it will most likely be re released.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 12:08:34 PM »

Just to clarify, was the Force FX x-wing shorter than the more recent versions?

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »

I have the force FX one and the new trench run one and the wedge one from a couple years back. THey to me are all about the same size in both width and length. The new X-wing Fuselage is a little fatter though.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »

Great! Thanks! I thought maybe this one was a stubby one like the old real-vintage (not modern vintage) Kenner one or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 61
Total: 62

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 38 queries.