Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 20, 2018, 08:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Toyfair 2013  (Read 4965 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Toyfair 2013
« on: February 09, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »

TESB vintage Slave 1 amazon.com exclusive. How can we get it?

Vintage TIE Interceptor

X-wing.... check the wings, Red 3, Bigg's X-Wing

6 inches Maul, R2 & Sandtrooper:

Hicks135

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Toyfair 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »

I would love to see these vintage boxed vehicles released this year.  I had heard that the x wing was scheduled for 2013, but I hadn't heard about the other two.  They look great, and the remaining first wave of the 6" line look great.  The sandtrooper especially looks good....nice and dirty!!

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »

Can't tell from the photo but is that the repaint of the large Slave 1?

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »

Yes...it appears to be a repaint of the Jango Fett's Slave 1 from the Rise of Boba Fett set. (....from what I can tell from the seats through the cockpit window, and the hinges for the doors on the side of the ship's hull.)

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »

Pretty weak showing for Star Wars. But the 6" figures really do look fantastic. So I think they have me hooked for the OT figures, as long as it's a limited number of releases per year. A bit disappointed they only revealed the first wave. A list of wave two would have been nice at least.

As for the Black 3 3/4 line, all they did was take the cancelled droid factory figures and repackage them in the Black line? Not much for me then.

Might be interested in the vintage slave I and X-wing (the x-wing mainly for the box), and the k-mart exclusives sound interesting. Not much to get really excited about though. Unless I missed it, not a single new OT figure revealed!  ??? And possibly lots more frustration for Canadian collectors. Amazon exclusives?? Seriously?? Yet another pain in the rear for us Canucks, and shipping will not be cheap for a slave I.

Most exciting parts of toy fair for me though are GI Joe related. Kwinn is coming to regular retail!! YESSSS! And a newly tooled Tomahawk is coming! Awsome!!

For SW, I'd say the 6" line is the best of what we've seen, and while they're awesome, that's kinda sad really.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »

and the k-mart exclusives sound interesting.
I think I heard that Kmart is getting a Scanning Crew 2-pack or multi-pack with the missing scanning trunk portion from the Legacy Collection Scanning Crew figure....and an Ewok Catapult multi-pack.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »

The exclusive vehicles and multipacks, as well as the regular collector-oriented Black Series figure line (the 3-3/4'' figures) are the only points of interest for me.

I dig for that X-Wing, Slave I and Tie Interceptor. Would have loved to see that Vintage box Dewback, originally planned for 2012 but cancelled, make the run in 2013, but hey...

All other stuff are kid oriented gimmicks. The Black Collection 6 inches figures? No way, sorry, no shelf space for that, unless they wanna make me happy with just a Bespin Luke and a ESB Yoda. Maybe.

What interested me the most was that new Transformers Springer, my favorite TF (very neat with deco and transformation forms very TF Movie accurate) and a gigantic Metroplex.

Too bad there were no Hot Toys Sucker Punch 12'' figures shown. I have a Babydoll here and was waiting perhaps to get Amber, but only if they made the other three chicks. Guess Babydoll will remain a single hit for me in that series.

But wait, these are not Star Wars stuff, humm? Well, it tells it all, right? Nothing very captivating for Star Wars collectors in that Toy Fair 2013...

(Goldenrod, please tell me how you can post so large and nice quality pictures in a forum post... never could find the trick). ;)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »

The good part is that, apart from those first 2 waves, the Black Series will feature ALL-NEW figures, with BRAND NEW SCULPT. NO MORE REHASH AND REPAINTS.

And they will even redo some newer and already super-articulated figures if it means improving the likeliness and deco to make them more movie accurate.

They said 19 released in 2013 and aiming at 50 for 2014.

So, it's ok. I even like the fact that these figures are carded on one of the ugliest cardbacks since POTF2 and POTJ. Cool. Won't have to buy two of each (one carded, one opener). Just a signel one of each. For me, it's a real cutback in expenses. Very welcomed. Finally!!! :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 09:35:21 PM »

Yes...it appears to be a repaint of the Jango Fett's Slave 1 from the Rise of Boba Fett set. (....from what I can tell from the seats through the cockpit window, and the hinges for the doors on the side of the ship's hull.)

And the Carbonite block does appear to be the same as the frozen Jar-Jar one, btw.  Now if only this hadn't been an Amazon exclusive, I'd be overjoyed about this BS1...

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »

(Goldenrod, please tell me how you can post so large and nice quality pictures in a forum post... never could find the trick). ;)

I right clicked the picture on facebook, copied the adress in the "propriété" window. As simple as that

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 12:30:26 AM »

TESB vintage Slave 1 amazon.com exclusive. How can we get it?

..When its offered order it..AMAZON.COM ships to CANADA...ordered RENEGADES 4 pack with no issues last year..Vintage TIE Interceptor

X-wing.... check the wings, Red 3, Bigg's X-Wing

6 inches Maul, R2 & Sandtrooper:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:17:23 AM »

Bloody hell that Slave I is pretty close to the mark. The six inch figures are fine, but nothing from this wave will separate me from my money - I'm basically at ESB versions of key characters for those I think.

Cmdr Bacara

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I whacked Ki-Adi Mundi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »

The 6" figures look good, but I think I may have had enough of the main characters regardless of scale.  Rebelscum says the line will be focused on fan favorites and main charcters not many tertiary or secondary characters (but I'd call the Sandtrooper a tertiary character so....).  Line is supposed to be 75% OT and 25% PT so at least they understand OT is preferred by collectors.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »

Well, I just read galactic hunter's report on Toy Fair (a nice read) and it clarifies a couple things.

http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/hasbro-toy-fair-2013-empire-strikes-black-series

Upon reflection, I quite like what Hasbro is doing with SW right now. They seem to be drawing a harder line between the collector lines and the kid directed lines. I'm good with that. Right now there's a bit of a break for us old collectors, and I'm quite happy with that. If what Jedi Patrick posted is true that there will be 50 Black series figures in 2014, we'll continue to get a few more cantina aliens etc.

One thing I find interesting though is the kid focused line. The galactic hunter article indicates these will look and feel very much like the kenner figures of old, but with modern sculpts. These are actually almost appealing in a retro kind of way. And watch, all the collectors will crap all over these and skip them, the kids will eat em up and open them all and play with them, and in a few years, these will be the collectible ones!!  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Really though, and I'm sure I've said this before, at this point in the game, I've got tonnes of figures I never thought I would get, so a nice trickling of OT figures continuing the line is fine with me. The biggest pain will be the exclusives. FETT1, I don't know how you placed your order, but I recently tried to order some SW figures on amazon and they wouldn't ship to Canada. They ship movies, books etc. but toys they don't from my experience.

And the 6" line really does look fantastic. They've got me as long as it stay a small line. I don't want random ewoks and weequays etc. If they do I'll just skip them. And the SDCC exclusive seems to be the regular release boba with an exclusive Han in carbonite block. Not sure if the block will be worth the effort or cost for me, and I'm relatively okay with that, perhaps mildly disappointed but not all annoyed.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »

... The biggest pain will be the exclusives. FETT1, I don't know how you placed your order, but I recently tried to order some SW figures on amazon and they wouldn't ship to Canada. They ship movies, books etc. but toys they don't from my experience.

It too has been my experience that toys do not ship to Canada (at least the ones i wanted) but FETT1 is right, the Renegades 4 pack is a toy that ships from and is sold by amazon.com that appears to ship to Canada. Whether a toy will ship to Canada seems to be a rather hit and miss proposition.

Looking at a few Star Wars items which ship from and are sold by amazon.com I found currently:

Ships to Canada
-VC99 Nikto, VC103 Obi-Wan, VC107 Weequay
-most Angry Birds
-Revell Snap-Tite Tie Fighter, Anakin's JSF model kit

Does not ship to Canada
-MTT
-VC73 Aurra Sing, VC106 Nien Nunb
-Revell X-Wing model kit
-all the SW Lego building sets I looked at.

It is possible that Slave I may ship to Canada.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169374
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 75
Total: 79

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 39 queries.