Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 10:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebelscum Darth McAdam  (Read 1055 times)

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Rebelscum Darth McAdam
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »

A few weeks back there was a discussion about Rebelscum inappropriately posting pics that were taken by Snowtrooper General Brashin. The proper credit wasn't given to General Brashin.  This discussion was a good forum as it pointed out some/many of the issues people have with Rebelscum.

Through it all I was concerned that as Darth McAdam was defending Rebelscum (a website for which he is a regular contributor),there maybe the assumption by some Snowtroopers that he might have been the one to actually send or post the pics on RS. 

The reason why I am starting this topic is to assure all of you that Darth McAdam did not post or send these pics in to RS himself.  I know Adam quite well and in fact met with him a few weeks back; he was also concerned that other troopers might have thought he was involved.  He showed me the print out of the actual email that was sent into Rebelscum.  I am not here to "out" the person who sent the email to RS, but more to clear Adams name.  I can 100% assure you based on the email that I saw, that Adam had nothing to do with submitting General Brashin's pics to Rebelscum. 

Adam is a stand up guy, who I have met on may occasions and a trusted friend.

Chad

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Darth McAdam
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »

First of all, I'm not RSR. Nor do I know who he is and if this guy is a myth or a real thing.

And while I certainly have no complaints to issue to Adam, (in fact he's quite a nice guy for us both having long email discussions in the past few years :winking0071: ) I'm wondering why and if we need to bring this topic up again...

I mean... really? Are people that pissed off for "illegal" or "unauthorized" use of pictures taken with a digital camera in a retail store and posted on an open and public Internet site? Really? It's not even art. To say things coldly, it's a picture of damn stupid toys taken in a stupid retail store. I could not even justify any intellectual property in this. I mean, I do not own the store, I do not own these products, I didn't produce nor design them and I don't even know if Walmart would allow you to even take pictures in a store. And when you post something on the Internet, well, there's absolutely no way you'll be able to control its destiny, unless you put huge copyrights on documents and pictures. (I won't even start the debate whether the pictures were printed with a copyright).

So... does this justify another site to use your pictures? No. Do we really need to track down and hunt the one who send the email to Rebelscum? Really? Seriously? Why?

Sorry if this sounds harsh. I really have nothing against anoyone here. But common. It's really no big of a deal. Really. Certainly not worth bringing back the whole topic again. I don't even know if this was a real topic to start with... do people really have something to say against Rebelscum? Worth arguing and renting? Really?

Anyway, like a Sandtrooper would tell an old Jedi freak on Tatooine, "Move along"...

Guess I'll follow my own advice and I'll move along... ;)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »

Gotta agree with Jedi Patrick on this one.  I don't see why we need to revisit this 3 weeks later...
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:27 PM »

DITTO....DEAD TOPIC! :shakehead:

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »

While I can appreciate the sentiment of the first post, I think at this point the matter should be handled by pm between the parties involved.  This thread is being locked as the other threads on the same topic were.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 64
Total: 66

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 38 queries.