Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iron Man 3  (Read 2335 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Iron Man 3
« on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 3
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »

Well I would call Iron Man 2 one of, if not the worst of the new Marvel movies that I've seen so it can only go up from there. Looks promising.

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »

...finally watched IM 3 on u tube-ola of all places...WHAT A TERRIBLE MOVIE....WOW ..was not expecting that!!...very disappointed! :confused0024: :confused0024:

LizAdams7

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 04:26:37 AM »

Disappointments comes with IR3. Lacking action.   :~/~:
Digital hotel safes for better security in rooms

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:16:06 AM »

I just watch this movie for the 1rst time 3 days ago and gave it a 2nd shot yesterday. I think it's far, far away from being a terrible movie. In fact I think it's the 2nd best Marvel movie to date, extremely close to the first IM. Tony Stark cannot forever hide inside a metal shell. He is not any of his armours. He was not been built as "powerful" like the "usual" superheroes, but still he learned to rely on his armours. My point is that he's human and vulnerable and somehow he must face himself down the road.

In the 1rst movie, he's only starting to see a glimpse of who he really is and whom/what he really cares about. Already 2 foes tried to use his weapons against his will and against himself (Afghans and Obadia's Iron Monger). There he learned to see that people were able to turn his own creations against him. I suspect that, since Tony truly identifies himself as "Iron Man" at this stage, we can assume that somehow he could start to feel (or even being fully aware) that he'll never be able to have a total control over his own being.

Same thing happened in the 2nd movie, but at a larger scale. There, Hammer/Vanko AND the US army built a little army of drones designed after his own creations. Again, he fought fire with fire and ended up victorious, teaming up along with his friend Rhodey. 

Then, he met the ETs and their portal in "The Avengers". They are well ahead of him technologically and that of course is nothing to help him feeling in control of anything at this point  :o

In the third movie, I think the lowering of his use of the armors was inevitable. He's been hiding from himself inside them all the time since Afghanistan. Like a butterfly outgrows its cocoon, his true identity is shelling out of any and each of his armours. But despite being "naked", he managed to always stay well ahead of his foes and he truly succeeded at it...and he's totally responsible for that...and here's where his true "superpower" lies : he does not need to hide anymore. He's a genious. He's as close as he can be from himself and he knows it.

And at the end of the credits, it's written that "Tony Stark will be back" ... whilst there are no word about Iron Man

dlariv

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:56:34 AM »

And at the end of the credits, it's written that "Tony Stark will be back" ... whilst there are no word about Iron Man

Avengers 2  :)`

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:32 AM »

I thinkI have to agree with these guys: SPOILERS, Watch at your own risk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3r4FklA4gI

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »

I generally like all the marvel Iron Man movies. This one was no exception.  I enjoyed it, much like the 1st two.
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »

I thinkI have to agree with these guys: SPOILERS, Watch at your own risk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3r4FklA4gI

I understand that the biggest rant about IM3 is how it totally strays away from how the Mandarin and Killian are depicted in the comics. But honestly...

The "Honest Trailer/Everything Wrong with ..." series are cool to watch because it shows us some flaws in particular movies, and because they're often right on the spot. But no movies are without flaws. If you're doing just a bit of searching, you'll find this series are plenty of such videos on youtube putting down movies such as :

- Star Trek 1 & 2
- All 3 Nolan Bat Man
- Inception
- Breaking bad series
- Avengers
- All 3 Iron Man movies, IM2, IM3
- X-Men
- Wizard of Oz !!
- LOTR trilogy
- The Hobbit
- Harry Potter movies
- Matrix
- Skyfall
- Inception
- Amazing Spiderman
- Star Wars EpI TO EpIV

Can you honestly tell me that you cannot qualify at least one of these movies as good? Moreover, can you honestly tell me that you don't like each one of these movies ? because they're in that list? because they contain errors? You'll need to explain yourself a bit about the reasons you dislike them, because the only one you used here is a link pointed to someone else's.

Personally, my first answer in this thread was mainly referring to LizAdams7's comment about "lacking action", which I completely forgot to quote, so here it is :

Disappointments comes with IR3. Lacking action.   :~/~:

That's mainly on what I was trying to put my point of view. For the rest, everyone can have their own opinion about how they like or not any movie.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:10:17 PM by jediburrick »

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »

I know that the honest trailers are made to be fun, and I tend to Watch them after I watched a movie. I didn't see Man of Steel so I haven't watched that one yet.

I didn't hate that movie, I liked it and was surprised by the plot twist. What bugged me was the over use of CGI. When RDJ is in suit they should have build a suit for him to wear instead of a CGI suit and put his face for when he's unmasked.

I still prefer Nolan's Bat-trilogy

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:20 PM »

I know that the honest trailers are made to be fun, and I tend to Watch them after I watched a movie. I didn't see Man of Steel so I haven't watched that one yet.

I didn't hate that movie, I liked it and was surprised by the plot twist. What bugged me was the over use of CGI. When RDJ is in suit they should have build a suit for him to wear instead of a CGI suit and put his face for when he's unmasked.

I still prefer Nolan's Bat-trilogy

I love those 3 movies too...how Nolan and al. depicted most of the main characters within their own contradictions. Each of them is profoundly imperfect and flawed, as humans are (and not necessarily in a pejorative sense). To me, this helps a lot in creating a bind with them...even though each of these stories have their share of non-senses.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:45:53 PM by jediburrick »

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 10:55:15 AM »

Batman…I like them but found the whole "low talking, growling" Batman voice distracting since Michael Keaton did it too!

I liked the training part of the first one, found the Gotham stuff felt too familiar.
And I wasn't thrilled about the double ending of the second one but it was still pretty darned good.
Third one I really liked and loved Bane even though I know people hate his voice. I found it creepy. My only complaint is the lame way the main actress plays "dying" at the end. Right out of a 1950's melodrama!

Anyway, Iron Man I was great, II was a music video, III was pretty good except for maybe too much with the kid.

All 3 entertained me far more than The Wolverine though. What a piece of crap, should have been straight to Netflix and someone needed to fix the romance and that ending! Yeesh!

My two superhero favourites currently are Superman Returns. Totally love that one! And X-men: First Class. The acting was amazing and so fun to see them in Cuba!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169081
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 59
Total: 63

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 38 queries.