Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 04:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Black Series (6" Figure Line)  (Read 18124 times)

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
The Black Series (6" Figure Line)
« on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »

Anyone else seen the details of these online?

Appears to be a Marvel Legends-esque type line of figures. Little larger in size, solid articulation, and more detailed due to the increase in figure size etc.

The packing looks stellar being clean and simple. Overall I quite like it but feel that this line is around 3 years too late for me to get behind. Think one or two will grace some shelf space but not a line I feel is a full on must have with all releases.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:47:37 PM by jjreason »
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

ldssgtg

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (3.75" and 6") discussion - merged
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »

Yeah there was some significant discussion when they were announced, maybe more I read on other sites. Most people are of the same mind - some they won't be able to pass on, but going to be difficult to get behind collecting a full set or (heaven forbid) army building. For me it's easy: if there was a vintage figure, I'll have a hard time saying no.  :crazy:

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »

I will probably pick up the core OT characters but that's about it. I hope the final products look a lot better than those samples they showed.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Star Wars Black Series (6") discussion - merged
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:29:55 PM »

Yes, I am up for the new 6" figures.  I like the level of detail achieved.  But the regular 3 3/4" black card figures do not excite me at all.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »

The Vader is for the Black series 3 3/4" line,  I think where the confusion is that people were initially discussing the 6" Black Series line at the start of this thread.

Yes I think the scale size was the confusion as well, but I think the Vader he's talking about must be the horrible 12" Anakin to Vader figure.   :confused0024:

Does anyone know what the meaning behind "The Black Series" is?  Other than saving money on paying someone to come up with an actual good idea for appealing package?  It does seem to be fitting for the quality of the product they're putting out now in the 12" and saga legends lines.  Hopefully we see some quality figures in the "regular" line...
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »

I think by "the Black Series" they're trying to channel the elegance of something like Johnny Walker Black Label (sorry, all I can come up with as an example), as though it's luxurious & better than what the average consumer needs for their collections.

I must admit though, there will be a certain delicious irony in purchasing my Black Series Lando Calrissean figure, if & when it becomes available.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »

Sorry for the confusion boyos! I had no idea the Black Series had a 3 3/4 line - thought it was only 6 inch

1) The 12 inch Vader in the RS link looks HORRIBLE... if they are targeting these to collectors then they are way off the mark

2) I thought the 3 3/4 Vader in the link was in fact the 6 inch line Vader!
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »

No worries Brent, I think it says more about Hasbro's choice to market two scales under the same "Black" name and packaging look. Easy enough to confuse.

Personally I think they should have continued the vintage line after this hiatus, and gone with just the 6" under the "Black" line. Oh well, no vintage line means no MOC collecting for me. :)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (6") discussion - merged
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 01:37:25 AM »

Dear Lord, if SDCC is the only chance of getting this figure/set - that's not good. I might stage a one-man protest someplace :(

http://thegeeksummit.blogspot.ca/2013/05/star-wars-black-series-sdcc-exclusive.html

Vanman

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • Honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »

You all probably seen the SDCC exclusive Black Series Boba Fett w/Han in Carbonite. A few sellers on E-Bay are pre-selling it between $150 - $191 US! Fellow troopers at the SDCC it's being sold for only $44.99 US. I just thought I'd post this incase someone hasn't seen it yet!

Vanman

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 09:31:04 PM »

SOOOO glad I decided not to collect this line of 6" figures!!! Here's another good argument not to jump in this! Very cheap shot for Hasbro to release one of the most sought characters as part of an exclusive offer. Way to go!

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »

It's very negative. I hope there are more avenues to obtain Fett in this format as time moves on - if not, they couldn't have screwed this line up worse.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:16:37 AM »

The word is that this Fett will be available at retail, likely in wave 2. You just won't be able to get the Han in Carbonite. Problem is, Han in Carbonite, IMO, is very important if you're collecting a complete set. Making an exclusive right off the bat is a VERY good way to alienate your potential customers right off the bat.

I'm a perfect example. If this exclusive didn't exist, it would be easier to ease into this line. I was tempted to get all the OT figures, and with 3 in the first wave, I could probably do that. But being hit right off the bat with a $45 plus shipping MINIMUM exclusive, it really highlights just how expensive this line will get. I'm not gonna fool myself and say I won't get any, but the more I think about this line and how much it will cost, the more I plan to limit myself to just the 3 or 4 characters I have a focus on (Boba, Vader, Snowtrooper). Without the Han in Carbonite, I already know I won't have a complete OT collection, so why get anything that is not really essential?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 08:11:28 AM »

The other thing to consider is that time heals most of these wounds. There are VERY few modern era items that don't come way down in price, exclusives included. The demand won't be there in a year as folks will be on to the next thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 37 queries.