Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 06:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

29 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Black Series (6" Figure Line)  (Read 18262 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (6") discussion - merged
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »

Here's the packaged 6" Luke X-Wing. It's a beautiful looking toy - you can see the improvement in sculpt they can render at the bigger scale.

Like others have said, completely new sculpts for the 6" line. Apparently Hasbro partnered with Gentle Giant to do the sculpts for this line. Purely collector/adult targeted line. If you're into Marvel, it's like the 6" Legends line, and probably similarly priced (about $20 mass retail). At first I wasn't interested in this line, but since then I have started collecting the Marvel Legends line and I like that the figures are larger, highly detailed - generally look very nice to display on a shelf (rather than sitting in a box or bin like the majority of my 3.75" figures). As long as they are $20 each, I might pick up this line (for sale prices where possible). But I'd be a lot more picky with these than I have been with the 3.75" line. ONE figure per character ONLY - don't need multiple Luke, Anakin, Clone, etc, especially with the higher price. They'll be my display pieces. Of course, that's IF I decide to buy any of them!

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (6") discussion - merged
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »

Here's the packaged 6" Luke X-Wing. It's a beautiful looking toy - you can see the improvement in sculpt they can render at the bigger scale.

Like others have said, completely new sculpts for the 6" line. Apparently Hasbro partnered with Gentle Giant to do the sculpts for this line. Purely collector/adult targeted line. If you're into Marvel, it's like the 6" Legends line, and probably similarly priced (about $20 mass retail). At first I wasn't interested in this line, but since then I have started collecting the Marvel Legends line and I like that the figures are larger, highly detailed - generally look very nice to display on a shelf (rather than sitting in a box or bin like the majority of my 3.75" figures). As long as they are $20 each, I might pick up this line (for sale prices where possible). But I'd be a lot more picky with these than I have been with the 3.75" line. ONE figure per character ONLY - don't need multiple Luke, Anakin, Clone, etc, especially with the higher price. They'll be my display pieces. Of course, that's IF I decide to buy any of them!

HEAR'in YA BIG TIME.....

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (3.75" and 6") discussion - merged
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »

Looks like waves 2 and 3 are hinted at. Would love to display ANH Han and Ep 3 Obi-wan.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »

Would it make more sense to have separate discussion threads for Black 3.75" and Black 6"? It's already confusing enough with Hasbro naming them both the same thing, and with some of the same characters in each size, it's not gonna get any easier... Just a suggestion.

dlariv

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »

Would it make more sense to have separate discussion threads for Black 3.75" and Black 6"? It's already confusing enough with Hasbro naming them both the same thing, and with some of the same characters in each size, it's not gonna get any easier... Just a suggestion.

+1

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »

Yep we will get to that. I found that the existing threads were bleeding into each other, in fact the confusion over which figures were coming out in which formats kinda WAS the discussion in the beginning. I'll split them off.

I didn't see/hear the sourcing for this guys posts, but he has what he's calling a "confirmed" list of the first 3 waves of 6" figures:

http://www.flyguy.net/2013/06/star-wars-black-series-six-inch-wave-2.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:53:50 PM by jjreason »

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series (6" Figure Line)
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »

Hasbro is taking a page out of sideshow's book on reveals with a series of teasers. Interesting it's through Entertainment Earth. Kind of a cool way to build up a little hype for the line.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/BlackSeries.asp#.UcECes_D_IU

So if EE is previewing Greedo over the next 4 weeks, will someone else be revealing the other figures in the wave?

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:47 AM »

I just noticed that the price for the 6" Blacks are $25 over at Legends. I'm assuming that this will also be what it'll sell for at retail at TRU and Walmart. That's what they charge right now for the Batman Unlimited 6" figures (and with 25% off, it works out to $21 once taxes are included).

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:14 AM »

I just noticed that the price for the 6" Blacks are $25 over at Legends. I'm assuming that this will also be what it'll sell for at retail at TRU and Walmart. That's what they charge right now for the Batman Unlimited 6" figures (and with 25% off, it works out to $21 once taxes are included).

hello SALES!..

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

I'll be getting a few of these but that is it.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »

If they look anything like those recent ebay auctions made them look like I'm not so sure I'm in anymore. Waiting to see them in person first.

That said, why did hasbrotoyshop.com choose to photograph them in shadows???  ???

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »

HOLY PRICE BAtMaN...PREVIEWS JUN.2013 has the 6 inch figure's ...SRP $29.99...HOLY BAM POW ZAP ....

plus 3 3/4" BLACK SERIES...SRP$14.99

anddd wanting to throw this outt there ..PREVIEWS is trying to flog those terriBle 12 inch @ $14.99...

These are USD prices...and yes PREVIEWS usually is high in any price category!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:54:59 PM by FETT1 »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »

Retail stores would have to be crazy to sell it for that much... especially the 6" line which is only getting lukewarm "wait and see" responses from most collectors.

If 4" Star Wars figures ever went to $15 as the regular retail price, that'd be the end of collecting Star Wars for me (that would mean a 25% off sale is $12.71 once taxes are factored in - forget it!)

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »

That said, why did hasbrotoyshop.com choose to photograph them in shadows???  ???

Those photos are very strange.  If it was only one photo that was lit that way it would seem accidental, but for all the figures to be lit the same way is just weird.  The feeling that come across to me is along the same lines as a shady eBay seller using grainy/dimly lit photos to sell a cut-ben-cape vinyl jawa as legit.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:03 AM »

This is what I'm counting on. If I'm collecting this line, I'm hoping to get them on sale at TRU.

The second Greedo preview pic is up. Cool stuff. Not sure why they're not previewing any others form the wave. I guess saving something for SDCC.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/BlackSeries.asp#.Uc7Szs_D_IV

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 29
Total: 30

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 38 queries.