Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 05:43:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels  (Read 5096 times)

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »

Well I've watched 6 episodes now of this series and I think that's it for me. I really can't stand the constant childish bickering by Ezra, chopper, and zeb...it seems like in every episode they are doing something new that's completely idiotic and I find myself thinking "Jar Jar would do that...". I don't like or feel any attachment to any of these characters and don't find myself excited when a new episode is on like I was with CW.

I realize it's a kids show and am an adult audience...and maybe it would be different if I had kids old enough to watch it with...but it's just not doing it for me story wise. I mean one of the episodes I watched is nothing more than 2 characters running after some fruit in a spaceport for 20 minutes. The only highlight for me so far has been that in one of the episodes, you clearly see vintage Kenner hammerhead walking down a street in the background...

Anyways, I guess I've reached the point where it's not because something is Star Wars that I'll like it. This show is just not doing it for me
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »

I gave up on the show 3 episodes in, bad characters, bad stories, bad animation, all around nothing appealing for me. I think it's made for kids more so than adults, which is funny because the Clone Wars was entertaining for all ages. Missing my Clone Wars...haha
I'll generally watch anything SW but in this case, yeah no thanks.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 07:14:21 PM »

I've been trying to catch this show on ABC ever since October. I don't have DisneyXD any more in my cable package, so ABC was my "last hope" so to speak.

Does anyone know what time this does air on ABC? I've checked the listings every night and never see it.

Main reason for my renewed interest is that a pal told me there may be a return for a certain CW character coming up. If so, I don't want to miss it.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »

Unfortunately it appears the showing of the extended Spark of Rebellion was a one-off for ABC and distribution in the US is currently via DisneyXD or other digital delivery systems.

However Family Channel is rebroadcasting Rebels episodes. I see Rise of the Old Masters and Breaking Ranks scheduled for the upcoming week.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 07:20:40 AM »

Thanks GB, I suspected that ABC might not have opted to air further episodes but hopefully that will change down the road (as I also don't think Family Channel is in my cable package).

I should probably check YouTube to see if anyone has uploaded the episodes on there...

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »

Thanks GB, I suspected that ABC might not have opted to air further episodes but hopefully that will change down the road (as I also don't think Family Channel is in my cable package).

I should probably check YouTube to see if anyone has uploaded the episodes on there...
I'll look around.  A friend on FB has created a Google+ acct with all the episodes so far.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 08:30:40 PM »

I really should get caught up on this show. I noticed a report tonight saying that Yoda will be making an appearance (sort of) soon.

Although the teaser video they showed was just shy of being plain ridiculous... Yoda sounded more senile than wise in it!  Who's writing his lines?  Lucas?  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 08:55:16 PM »

I went so far as to check out "rogers on demand" for episodes today with Thomas - the had a rootin' tootin' 4 to choose from. Why in the hell would they remove them from the service so quickly???  :crazy: :speechless-smiley-004:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »

Since I've still not been able to catch the show, I did just read this tidbit about eps10 and was pleasantly shocked:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69995

Very cool surprise appearance by a classic OT character. The showrunners didn't publicize this for some reason, which is a shame.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 11:35:02 PM »

They had a whole "behind-the-scenes" promo for Lando that I saw just the other day. It sounds like he might be a recurring character on Rebels.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »

Wow almost a year since the last post in this thread. I guess Rebels is getting lost in all the TFA hype.

DisneyXD has relaunched and they just showed a mini marathon of Season 2 episodes on Dec 1. This Saturday they are doing a Rebels marathon showing every single episode from seasons 1 and 2.

I've been enjoying season 2 okay, but it is feeling more like clone wars than season 1 did. The connection feels too strong for my preference. I think with Ahsoka, ( whom I think is great, actually), Rex and the other clones, and now Hondo, it is just feeling more CW lately than OT.
Hopefully the guest stars start to connect more heavily to the OT soon. More Lando would be fun.

Anyway, just a heads up in case anyone is interested. :)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »

I haven't seen any of season 2 yet - I'll have to see if I get that channel and watch it this weekend

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »

I'm with videotron in Quebec…I saw 3 episodes using VOD then 1 episode broadcast…then they cut the channel from the French/English packaging of it (the French remained) and even on the English channel there is no listing for it any longer. I'm wondering what the heck happened. but I guess videotron doesn't carry disney xd…only disney channel?

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 05:13:05 PM »

Same here Sinkie,... We'll sort of.
I'm in Ontario and use Rogers Cable Television and I was catching up on Rebels as I noticed that I recieve Disney On Demand Channel for free and they would have Star Wars Rebels, two episodes at a time available and added a new show every week...... Until this week , when I noticed I no longer get Disney on demand as part of my Rogers cable package..... :sign0065:
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »

I just renegotiated my rogers cable package so was surfing around and realized I was suddenly getting the Disney Channel. I stumbled across a rerun of season 1 Rebels. They were saying "you're watching DisneyXD on Disney Channel". I was confused because I thought they were two separate channels. Turns out DisneyXD was getting a relaunch, the rights having been recently bought by corus entertainment. So they were previewing DisneyXD content on Disney Channel leading up to the Dec 1 relaunch.
Dec 1 came, I no longer get Disney Channel but I get DisneyXD, which is where Rebels is now showing. So that works for me.

They've shown the first few episodes of Season 2 and are still a few weeks behind the U.S. but at least now we have the show on regularly. And this marathon on Saturday will be a chance for everyone to get caught up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169107
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 58
Total: 59

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 38 queries.