Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 10:52:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels  (Read 5075 times)

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 12:00:17 AM »

I just checked all my channels again, and it looks like I have lost Disney channel on Demand, but I now have Disney xd ( but not demand).  And yes Darth Cujo , it will be a good time to record the rebels series on Saturday as they will be playing all rebels episodes , starting at 10:00am EST. RUNNING THROUGH till 8:00pm. :star-wars-smiley-008:
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 03:43:53 PM »

So I checked out one part of an early episode back when this show first came on, and I wasn't that impressed. As Darth Mink noted several posts back, the constant idiotic bickering between Ezra/Zeb/Chopper turned me right off.

But they got the fist 2 seasons in at our library recently, so I grabbed season 1 for my girls to watch (4 and 6 yrs old). I figure, any way to get more Star Wars in front of their eyeballs! They love it. They get right into it, laughing, exclaiming "oh no" when something goes wrong. More than most shows they watch. They've plowed through the whole season in a little over a week. And of course Sabine and Hera are their favourite characters - they're excited for my 6" Sabine that arrived yesterday.

I haven't been able to really sit down and watch with them, but I did catch some of it from my desk while I worked. It's better overall than I first experienced. It has a very OT feeling to it, especially with the music. While some of the story elements and characters are a bit distracting, there's a lot of little details and flourishes added in that really make it feel like Star Wars to me. It sometimes reminds me of playing some of the older PC games, like Jedi Knight or Knights of the Old Republic or X-Wing vs. TIE-Fighter.

It honestly feels more like Star Wars than Episode 7 did.

Now I'll have to get them to watch through The Clone Wars before hitting season 2, as I hear a lot of characters from that start popping up along the way.

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 08:43:13 PM »

It honestly feels more like Star Wars than Episode 7 did.

I think I have to agree with the "feels like Star Wars" thought.

I picked up Season 1 as a gift (as it was super cheap).  Thought it was okay, but not really blown away.   My kids watched it more intently than I did. I kind of watched it 'cause ya know Star Wars. 

But I've recently seen some of the newer episodes (Season 2 and some from the current season) and I'm really liking the show now.  "The Last Battle" is fantastic.  And I really liked the one where Chopper meets a friend, too. 

Dave Filoni is doing an amazing job tying together the Star Wars universe with Clone Wars references, Thrawn, etc.

One reason Rebels may feel a bit more like Star Wars for me is that I recognize a bunch of the aliens.  Twi'leks, Rodians, Mon Calamari and others.  (One episode has a cool background "Easter Egg" of Hammerhead in his vintage Kenner outfit).

It kind of seems he's playing in George's sandbox instead of using parts of George's sandboxes to make "his own Star Wars".  I wonder how much working on Clone Wars with Lucas has affected Filoni's take.

But ya, I like it.  The show's grown on me so much I'm almost willing to accept Filoni's take that Nik Van Sant (the bearded Endor trooper) is actually Rex.  As of now, I still reject that belief, but a well written episode with a much slimmed down Rex could sway me to accept it in an Expanded Universe way.

The episode I'd really like to see though is the return of Cody.  Unless he's dead.  I just checked the Star Wars databank and it didn't mention him being killed in any official way so, if he's alive, it could happen. 

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 11:34:03 PM »

I don't get disney xd so I can't watch the current season, but I just picked up seasons 1 and 2 on blu-ray from amazon.co.uk. They have them for 9.99 pounds each, but they remove VAT and shipping isn't too expensive. Total shipped came to about 21 pounds, which is about $35 Can for 2 seasons. Right now in Canada the cheapest I've seen a season is $35 Can for one season!

And the Blu-ray discs are region free which means they will play on a North American blu-ray player.

Season 2 spoilers in case anyone hasn't caught up...

As for the show itself, I really enjoy it. Still don't care for a couple characters. Zeb is annoying and frankly Chopper is a $#!*. Seriously, Chopper is like a mean spirited version of R2 with no redeeming qualities to his personality. The rest of the cast I enjoy, and am curious to see where the story takes them.

I like Rebels more than Clone Wars. Clone Wars started out terrible and grew on me and turned into a really enjoyable show by the end, but it still always has that prequel taste that puts it a bit off. Rebels feels more OT and so automatically gets the edge.

Given my distaste for the prequelness of Clone Wars, I wasn't too thrilled to see a bunch of clone wars characters appearing in Rebels. However, the execution has been really well done and I don't feel so put off. Plus Ahsoka really grew on me in CW to the point she was my favourite thing about the series and is one of my favourite EU characters. (Sorry I still lump anything non-film into the EU). So having her in Rebels has been fun. Hopefully we haven't seen the end of her.

Looking forward to season 3.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 11:41:33 PM »

I don't get disney xd so I can't watch the current season, but I just picked up seasons 1 and 2 on blu-ray from amazon.co.uk. They have them for 9.99 pounds each, but they remove VAT and shipping isn't too expensive. Total shipped came to about 21 pounds, which is about $35 Can for 2 seasons. Right now in Canada the cheapest I've seen a season is $35 Can for one season!

And the Blu-ray discs are region free which means they will play on a North American blu-ray player.

Hey, I just got those this past weekend too!
Thanks to your tip about that site a couple years ago, I've been grabbing box sets from there every once in a while when the price goes nice and low. Got Star Trek TNG, Battlestar Galactica remake, Superman 5-film set, Jurassic Park 4-film set, and now Rebels 1+2. All on Blu-ray, and great prices. I can't believe how low the shipping is too. The prices put both US and Canadian Amazons to shame.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 07:22:50 AM »

Hilarious I got all those sets from the UK as well. ☺

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »

I guess we not only have great taste in action figures, but entertainment media as well!

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »

Major spoilers if you aren't up to date on Rebels!!!!!

I loved TCW.  It had a slow start but that last season was so good, and then the handful of episodes from the canceled season were so good too.  I wished Filoni and his team would have been able to finish what they started but that's the way it goes sometimes.  I feel though, that since some story arc's from TCW didn't finish, it makes Rebels better - by bringing those characters back in a supporting way. 

Now for Rebels.  I hate Ezra.  I have since he uttered his first words from his streetrat lips.  Season 1 was a dud with a capital D.  But , Season 2 got so much better.  And Season 3 got even better than that. 

I don't really have a problem with any of the other new characters, Zeb is there for the kids and that's fine. 

The story arc's have been pretty good - bringing in Legends material and making it cannon is pretty cool, yes, I'm talking about you Thrawn. 

Specifically, the episode titled "Twin Suns" is brilliant.  I would give it a perfect 10 except for the fact that Ezra is in it.  I get it, they had to have a way to connect Obi-Wan to the shows cast but man that kid annoys me.  The final duel was as it should have been.  I've heard lots of complaints that it was too short but hey, it was done perfectly.  And then to add a Aunt Beru's original voice at the end, too good. 

I'm looking forward to the final season, there should be a ton of Rouge One and ANH cameo's and cool links.  And as for the future, I know they already have the next animated series idea set and can't wait to see when it takes place.

Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2017, 02:22:41 AM »

Major spoilers if you aren't up to date on Rebels!!!!!

I loved TCW.  It had a slow start but that last season was so good, and then the handful of episodes from the canceled season were so good too.  I wished Filoni and his team would have been able to finish what they started but that's the way it goes sometimes.  I feel though, that since some story arc's from TCW didn't finish, it makes Rebels better - by bringing those characters back in a supporting way. 

Now for Rebels.  I hate Ezra.  I have since he uttered his first words from his streetrat lips.  Season 1 was a dud with a capital D.  But , Season 2 got so much better.  And Season 3 got even better than that. 

I don't really have a problem with any of the other new characters, Zeb is there for the kids and that's fine. 

The story arc's have been pretty good - bringing in Legends material and making it cannon is pretty cool, yes, I'm talking about you Thrawn. 

Specifically, the episode titled "Twin Suns" is brilliant.  I would give it a perfect 10 except for the fact that Ezra is in it.  I get it, they had to have a way to connect Obi-Wan to the shows cast but man that kid annoys me.  The final duel was as it should have been.  I've heard lots of complaints that it was too short but hey, it was done perfectly.  And then to add a Aunt Beru's original voice at the end, too good. 

I'm looking forward to the final season, there should be a ton of Rouge One and ANH cameo's and cool links.  And as for the future, I know they already have the next animated series idea set and can't wait to see when it takes place.
I agree with most of your points except I think Sabine is more annoying than Ezra.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2017, 07:20:03 AM »

I can't say Zeb is there for the kids.  I think that's more Chopper's role.  Zeb is based on the original concept art for Chewie.  Much of the look of the series is based on his original drawings.  Even the TIE fighter wings.  Season 1 for me was ok at the beginning and got better.  Season two was great and the two part finale, especially the last 20 minutes was almost perfection in both action, writing and music.  And having Matt Lanter's voice AND James Earl Jones's when his mask was broken open was and he says "Ahsoka" gave me goosebumps. 

Season 3 has been great, but the finale was ho hum.  Hoping for a great season 4

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »

Season 3 has been great, but the finale was ho hum.  Hoping for a great season 4

The finale of the finale was slightly ho hum.  The 1st part of the space battle was EPIC.

I have been holding off buying the individual seasons of Rebels, hoping after season 4 there will be a 4 disc set.  And I will watch it all over again with glee.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »

And now the sad news regarding REBELS delving into Rogue One territory. It ain't happening...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/wait-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-has-how-many-post-1794399080

Star Wars: Rebels

Showrunner Dave Filoni says we won’t see the battle of Scarif from Rogue One during the show’s final season:

"I don’t think that would be right. It would be to hinge this series end on a battle we’ve already seen the outcome of in a feature film. It would be a little bit repetitious, anticlimactic. I think as an initial impulse it sounds great. But the more you think about it, you go hmmmm I don’t know, it would kind of taper your expectations and the tension would be cut quite a bit. I like our ending. And I love that battle. I think it would be neat to see that battle one day from the Ghost’s perspective because we know the Ghost is there, but we don’t know who is in the Ghost. So that’s kind of a good question that needs to be answered."

Filoni doesn’t think we’ll see Jedha anytime soon, either:

"Anythings possible in Star Wars storytelling, I’ve learned that lesson. Ever since we brought Darth Maul back, I learned that lesson. I think we have a certain specific task ahead of us and with respect to that film, we wanted things like Jedha to be very special for that movie when it came out. It’s a wonderful sandbox they’ve created over there but you know, it’s not something I could really play with in this series at this point. We have our own Jedi mysteries that we’ve been wrapping our head around on this show."
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »

Season two was great and the two part finale, especially the last 20 minutes was almost perfection in both action, writing and music.  And having Matt Lanter's voice AND James Earl Jones's when his mask was broken open was and he says "Ahsoka" gave me goosebumps. 

Yes, that certainly was the climax of Season 2. 

I though "Twin Suns" was a better ending to the season.

And now the sad news regarding REBELS delving into Rogue One territory. It ain't happening...

They don't need to go into Rouge One turf because we already know that Hera is there and that she's a General.  And we know that Chopper is there bustling about Yavin IV.  Maybe they could touch on who is on board the Ghost during the battle of Scariff but it's no biggie to me.  I'm just glad that the series will be wrapped up the way the creative team wants it to be. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169100
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 65
Total: 68

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 38 queries.