Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 04:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels  (Read 5489 times)

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Rebels
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »

So I was just over at Sandtroopers.com and on their main page they have an article and video up about a new animated show called Star Wars Rebels. It is supposed to take place between Episode 3 and Episode 4 and will take alot of its pics from Ralph McQ. Will be interesting to see where they are gonna go with this. It Primiers Fall of 2014. Maybe a new Animated movie?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »

This is a lot more in my scope of interest than Clone Wars was. Hopefully they take everything good they did with that series & keep going in the right direction here. I don't want them sillying up anything to do with the OT.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »

I'm hoping this will be good and have a classic Star Wars feel. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

clone commando75

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »

i think it will be great  if its clone wars guys working on it i have complete faith in them great era to use the rise of the empire hunting jedi  clones to  the draft the begining of the rebellion the death star  so many cool things to work with i cant wait

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:11 AM »

This means we could still see our favourite clones still in action!  But will they appear "bad"?

SciFiEric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:07 AM »

ORDER 66! So yes most clones will be "bad" unless they go rogue...  :star-wars-smiley-008:
I hope they dont make the show too silly or just for young kids but for kids and adults to enjoy as well like past clone wars toons. And PLEASE NO JEDI JAR JAR!!!  :scared0008:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:04 AM »

And they could explain how Boba gets the Slave I back and gets his armor.  It could feature faves like Honda and Embo.  Quinlan Vos could be running around.......

Suddenly looks like a smart move!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »

I fully expect Ahsoka to show up on this show (either as part of the main cast or as a cameo only).  It'd be crazy to not deal with her story, if even just to close up her character's arc - which I doubt that they would do.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »

I can't help but wonder if they're taking the 50 written scripts for the live action show and turning them into a cartoon. It's the same era, no? Might need to be less "adult" as the live action series was supposedly going to be, but who knows?
I'm surprised it isn't going to be a post Ep VI series to build towards the new trilogy. Perhaps they don't want to take away any of the thunder from the sequels. Timeline-wise it will likely be closer to the prequels, but aesthetically it appears it will be closer to the OT, which will allow for the series to feel more OT, but not need to delve into the stories of Luke, Han, Leia etc. Hopefully it will be devoid of battle droids, gungans and pod races. ;) And anything that invokes the designs of Ralph McQuarrie and takes place at the height of the Empire has to be cool, right?

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 12:38:48 AM »

Not a fan of the series so far, missing TCW but holding on to hope that this show won't completely blow.

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »

..the show is ok...but the animation or whatever its called ..cgi ???is blah...very basic for a studio that produced TCW !!..
really hope the show expands alot ...very FIREFLY rip off ....

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:01 PM »

Definitely agree, the animation/CGI looks cheaply and quickly done like a "B" CGI show that's pumped out for young kids.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »

I'm enjoying it so far. Really enjoying the OT elements to the show, and this is probably blinding me to the shortcomings to a certain degree.

On the negative side, I haven't really been drawn in by any of the characters per se (I certainly don't have a favourite at this point), which could become a real shortcoming in the long run. I don't have the urge to collect the toys beyond a token one or two, but that could just be me having reached my saturation point for collecting new lines.

For now though, it feels like a fun adventure show in the SW universe which makes it a win by default. Plus I find myself anticipating the next episode, which I never did with the Clone Wars.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 09:01:23 AM »

I'm enjoying it so far. Really enjoying the OT elements to the show, and this is probably blinding me to the shortcomings to a certain degree.

On the negative side, I haven't really been drawn in by any of the characters per se (I certainly don't have a favourite at this point), which could become a real shortcoming in the long run. I don't have the urge to collect the toys beyond a token one or two, but that could just be me having reached my saturation point for collecting new lines.

For now though, it feels like a fun adventure show in the SW universe which makes it a win by default. Plus I find myself anticipating the next episode, which I never did with the Clone Wars.
I have been enjoying.  As has my wife and my 7 year old.  Loving Zeb and Kanan so far (the prequel book sheds more light on Kanan too).

Ezra feels a little too Aladdin to me but still enjoying the character.

Just got the Jedi Reveal pack from TRU.ca.  Figures look good all around with the sculpt and the paint apps.

Nipshank

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 01:24:08 AM »

Can't stand Zeb, mainly just the voice doesn't go with the character. Ezra as Aladdin, nail on the head haha I never thought of that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169371
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 69
Total: 70

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.