Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 06:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Black Series (3.75" Figure Line)  (Read 5560 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (3.75" Figure Line)
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »

Vizam (looked him up, didn't we get him already?! He's OT so will be a must if he's new)

I think you're right about his character being released previously.  I'm pretty sure his character was included in the "Jabba's Skiff Guards" multi-pack from the POTF2 series.  This version will probably have an improved sculpt and articulation.

Yeah, Vizam came out in that POTF2 3-pk, although he is only referred to as "Nikto" (along with Barada and Klaatu).
But really, do POTF2 figures count anymore? If I wanted 5 points of articulation, I'd buy a Movie/Mission Heroes figure.
I'm always happy when Hasbro updates anything from POTF2/POTJ, so I can cycle them outta my collection.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:10:47 PM by jjreason »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »

When the old OTC collection came out it was a challenge to figure out exactly what had been updated on the figures - most were based on previously released versions & had some new paint apps, etc. I sense the same challenge coming with this Black Series.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:10:33 PM by jjreason »

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »

When the old OTC collection came out it was a challenge to figure out exactly what had been updated on the figures - most were based on previously released versions & had some new paint apps, etc. I sense the same challenge coming with this Black Series.

The Black Series is "supposed to be" all new figures, no straight repacks as claimed by Hasbro.  I'm sure a certain amount of kit-bashing will be involved when it comes to troopers, pilots, ect. but it shouldn't be an OTC situation.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:10:18 PM by jjreason »
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »

Regarding Vizam, I was actually thinking of Nysad (Nikto Gunner) in 2009. I just read this on Wookieepedia, and now know why I got them mized up:

Hasbro produced an action figure modeled after Nysad (named "Nikto Gunner") in 2009 as part of their Legacy series. The figure came packaged with an anti-personnel laser cannon, but the character never used such a weapon in the film (it was used by a different Nikto, Vizam).

Interesting! So this will be an additional character from the film, which makes him a must. Also it sounds as though the snowtrooper may be a different rank, thus making him slightly different. So I'll get him as well.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:10:03 PM by jjreason »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »

The Black Series is "supposed to be" all new figures, no straight repacks as claimed by Hasbro.  I'm sure a certain amount of kit-bashing will be involved when it comes to troopers, pilots, ect. but it shouldn't be an OTC situation.

That's good news to me. I haven't been keeping up on stuff the same way I once did & wasn't looking forward to examining them for nuances. I'll typically buy any from the OT anyhow, provided they're not straight repacks. Sounds like it won't be an issue.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:09:45 PM by jjreason »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »

After having resplit & remerged these damned topics about 11 times so far, I'm having to manually change the "re" section in the link above the posts as they are driving me nuts. Sorry that it shows I have edited your posts - it's just the messy headers.  :speechless-smiley-004:

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »

Yeah, Vizam came out in that POTF2 3-pk, although he is only referred to as "Nikto" (along with Barada and Klaatu).
But really, do POTF2 figures count anymore? If I wanted 5 points of articulation, I'd buy a Movie/Mission Heroes figure.
I'm always happy when Hasbro updates anything from POTF2/POTJ, so I can cycle them outta my collection.
It's funny, for years I thought this way and looked forward to updates of the POTF2 figures, but lately I've been digging out my old POTF2 and Episode I figures for my daughter to play with, and now I find myself buying old POTF2 figures that I had either sold or never picked up in the first place! They seem like they're way better for little kids to play with, they generally fit in ships better than modern figures do and they're really cheap to buy now. Even though I own tons of modern super articulated figures, now I prefer POTF2, and will probably purchase Legends over the Black Series.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:09:21 PM by jjreason »

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »

After having resplit & remerged these damned topics about 11 times so far, I'm having to manually change the "re" section in the link above the posts as they are driving me nuts. Sorry that it shows I have edited your posts - it's just the messy headers.  :speechless-smiley-004:

All of your work is appreciated!!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »

It's funny, for years I thought this way and looked forward to updates of the POTF2 figures, but lately I've been digging out my old POTF2 and Episode I figures for my daughter to play with, and now I find myself buying old POTF2 figures that I had either sold or never picked up in the first place! They seem like they're way better for little kids to play with, they generally fit in ships better than modern figures do and they're really cheap to buy now. Even though I own tons of modern super articulated figures, now I prefer POTF2, and will probably purchase Legends over the Black Series.

You could replace every mention of "POTF2" with "vintage" and you'd have my thoughts expressed perfectly.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

All of your work is appreciated!!

My distinct pleasure, I'm excited about being excited about new figures. Doesn't happen all the time.  :party0053:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:08:46 PM by jjreason »

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »

You could replace every mention of "POTF2" with "vintage" and you'd have my thoughts expressed perfectly.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
I should bring out my childhood vintage figures! Still to me the best Star Wars figures ever!
Anyway, back to the Black Series. So far I'm not very interested in what's been shown or announced. I think it's due to a combination of too many re-do's of recent figures and the high price point. Not sure if I will purchase any. Waiting to see how Mara Jade looks in person, but she could be a buy.

Popeye

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 04:02:31 PM »

I haven't been keeping up with all the news. Is there a site discussing which of the 3.75 inch figures are repacks and kitbashes?
Have for trade MOC:
Not MOC Battle areana: Anakin VS Dooku
Like New: Obi-Wan's red Jedi starfighter
LOTR Trilogy FOTR super posable Strider.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »

I haven't been keeping up with all the news. Is there a site discussing which of the 3.75 inch figures are repacks and kitbashes?

The first two waves of the Black Series 3.75 contain some figures that are repacks or repaints because they are figures that were schedualed to be released as B.A.D. figures for the AOTC 3D release but since that was cancelled they were thrown into the begining of the black series.  After those waves Hasbro has specificly stated that all figures released in the line are supposed to be "all-new figures".
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 04:15:58 PM »

My TRU source advises the Black Series stuff will be available there any time now. 3.75" price will be $10.99. 5POA figures will be around the $7 price point (which follows what Hasbro is doing with the similar Marvel figures so that's no surprise).

cdman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »

I saw some of the black series at tru, the blister have peeled of the card and some of them are empty! Somebody might have stolen the figures when they saw it was open... really bad...

Popeye

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 04:35:52 AM »

The glue for sealing the black series packaging reminds me of Mcfarlane Halo Reach figures where the toys came unsealed at the stores. Its gonna be hell for the mint on card collectors. Anybody see the saga legends r4p17? I don't think  an ep II version of that droid has been released in a while. I may pick that one up as droids don't need much articulation.
Have for trade MOC:
Not MOC Battle areana: Anakin VS Dooku
Like New: Obi-Wan's red Jedi starfighter
LOTR Trilogy FOTR super posable Strider.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169072
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 62
Total: 64

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.