Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 08:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 4594 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »

Just saw a spot for this show on TV tonight, starting in the fall. Any interest out there in this show? I knew about it before, but still little idea on what it's gonna be about (apart from the obvious of course).

SciFiEric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »

Looks O.K., I'll give it a shot.  :r2d2:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »

I will likely give it a shot too. With them bringing back 24 for another season, it might be the fall/winter of Spy TV.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »

So did anyone check this out tonight?
For a pilot I guess it was OK - not perfect but few pilots are.
Hopefully with the weight of Disney/Marvel and the Avengers movieverse behind the show, it'll get a decent chance to work out the kinks and allow the writers to get some good storylines developing. That's more than most new shows get before they get axed by trigger-happy TV execs. This is probably the only show right now that I will be making a point to watch every week (versus casual tuning in, catching it later online, dvd, etc).

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »

I thought it was a bunch of mumbo jumbo to be honest.  With so many great shows on TV like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, this one fell way short for me. I generally love all the Marvel movies but this just didn't do it for me.
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 11:35:29 AM »

I thought it was a bunch of mumbo jumbo to be honest.  With so many great shows on TV like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, this one fell way short for me. I generally love all the Marvel movies but this just didn't do it for me.

Yeah, the thing that bugged me most was that there was too much military / tech speak, and the gadgetry seemed a bit overdone also - but I guess that's to be expected for a pilot, they are trying to showcase and introduce a lot of elements all in one hour. And maybe too much dialogue too - or rather, the wrong kind of dialogue. I found it a bit too busy. And normally I prefer shows that require a bit more of my attention. You can't really compare it to Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc yet though - SHIELD had only had one episode to base it on, and network pilots are always a bit different in tone from the following episodes. Once they sell it to the execs, they can make adjustments. I'll give it time.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »

I have to admit to being fairly disappointed by both the writing and the acting. Other than Coulson, every single other character left me cold (especially those two annoying science geeks).  Granted, I'm not a big fan of the Avengers movie either unlike a lot of people, but I sure expected better writing from the TV series.

And am I the only one who keeps thinking that Coulson is a Life Model Decoy who has had his programming updated to believe he is the real Coulson OR had the real Coulson's memory engrams imprinted into its neural net?  He may not be the Vision, but perhaps a prototype for Vision in a future film...
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »

Interesting, I find that guys has the "Agent Smith" demeanor from The Matrix as well & commented about that at some point. I wonder if you're on to something. I still haven't watched the show - was their any mention of Nick Fury? I wonder how they'll deal with that. I also was not a big fan of Colby Smothers as Maria Hill (not tough enough) - is she in the show as well? I know How I Met Your Mother is still airing for this final season, wasn't sure if she appeared or not.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »

They mentioned Nick Fury in one or two spots, and Maria Hill was in the first episode, but only as a guest star to get the thing going. There were references to other elements of the movies too - Super Soldier, Dr. Erskine, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Extremis, and the alien invasion in New York.

SciFiEric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 09:41:31 PM »

I thought it was average. Also didn't like the 2 science geeks. And also believe Coulson is a LMD (Life Model Decoy or clone) of the real one who died. Still I'll give it a shot and watch a few more episodes. He did mention Thor's "Hammer" at the end and I did love the flying Shield car, that's a classic. It would be cool if the bad guy that is collecting the Kitari tech was Victor Von Doom!

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »

Yeah, the thing that bugged me most was that there was too much military / tech speak, and the gadgetry seemed a bit overdone also - but I guess that's to be expected for a pilot, they are trying to showcase and introduce a lot of elements all in one hour. And maybe too much dialogue too - or rather, the wrong kind of dialogue. I found it a bit too busy. And normally I prefer shows that require a bit more of my attention. You can't really compare it to Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc yet though - SHIELD had only had one episode to base it on, and network pilots are always a bit different in tone from the following episodes. Once they sell it to the execs, they can make adjustments. I'll give it time.

My comment was more about ''with having quality shows like breaking bad, game of thrones, etc on tv, I will spend my limited tv time on them rather than something like shield''.  I wasn't really trying to compare the show itself...but more about my viewing choice.  In hindsight, I really didn't express that properly.
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »

It was fine, but not much more than that. I'll try to keep up with it.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »

So far, not bad.  Not great, either.  I will give it a while longer to see if it ties in more to the movies.  So far, only off hand references (like when Coulson says "Last time, it was a hammer" or something like that, referring to Thor's hammer).

SciFiEric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »

2nd episode was ok until the last minute when they showed that the new girl is a spy!   :cool0037:
Mua ha ha ha!  :maul:
3rd episode looks like it might even be better. I'll stick with it for now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:46:46 PM by SciFiEric »

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 08:26:42 AM »

Ugh...this show is heading towards a waterfall with no paddLe....last night's episode was boring!

3 episode's and it just isn't getting any better...I HAD HIGH EXPectation's!!...bummer :confused0024:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169081
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 68
Total: 71

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 38 queries.