Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toys R US & Star Wars  (Read 1110 times)

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
Toys R US & Star Wars
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »

So I go into my local TRU tonight and go wandering over to the SW aisle and nothing is there. I'm like wtf, so I walk around for a little and finally found where they put SW. It has all been crammed into this tiny little space about two isles over. Has this happened to any other TRUs out there? The other question is where do they plan on putting the Black Series when it starts rolling out soon ( the old section was an entire one side of the aisle)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R US & Star Wars
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »

My store is exactly the same. SW has been in the same aisle, one whole side, 1st row in the boys section for years. A couple months ago it got relegated to 1/2 an aisle 2 rows back, across from pokemon, etc. In it's place was shelves full of those cheap looking batman and superman movie toys. By the way, does anyone's store still have Yarna's on the pegs? My TRU has 11 left, on 3 pegs! The same 11 that have been there for 5 years now!

dlariv

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:24:04 AM »

My store is exactly the same. SW has been in the same aisle, one whole side, 1st row in the boys section for years. A couple months ago it got relegated to 1/2 an aisle 2 rows back, across from pokemon, etc. In it's place was shelves full of those cheap looking batman and superman movie toys. By the way, does anyone's store still have Yarna's on the pegs? My TRU has 11 left, on 3 pegs! The same 11 that have been there for 5 years now!

Sherbrooke's TRU (qc) still have a lot of Yarna :)

Technicolour Yak

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »

Same thing happened in Ottawa, with only a few Yarna's left and a few Ice Cream Maker guys.  And calling it a Star Wars Section would be being kind as they barely have any stock.  The defining product is Star Wars Angry Birds with a smattering of Clone Wars figures.  i haven't been looking to TRU for my action figure needs for some time and from the looks of it i won't be in the immediate future.

buzo

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »

Most TRUs around Toronto are the same, with very limited SW stuff.  My local TRU is still decent (although not fantastic): still have one full aisle and they seem to re-stock VC figures frequently (which are the only SW toys I care about anyways).

I'll let u know once the black series start to show up.

Cheers!

buzo

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »

still have one full aisle
I take that back: SW section is about half of (a very short) aisle.  I guess I hadn't realize how much it had shrunk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169431
  • Total Topics: 14376
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 65
Total: 66

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 38 queries.