Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 05:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

51 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JediPatrick's Star Wars Bunker  (Read 1366 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
JediPatrick's Star Wars Bunker
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

Hello there! Here are some pictures of my Toy Collection Room (my Star Wars Bunker, like my wife use to call it).

- Main Star Wars Collection

- Vintage Star Wars Collection

- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) LJN Collection

- Visionaries Collection

- Classic Space Lego, Indiana Jones, Micronauts, etc.

The room is located in my basement and is approx. 8ft wide by 13ft long. This is where I keep all my toy craving madness and addictions This is the only room in the house that I'm allowed (and I promised that a while back to my wife) to keep my toys. Nowhere else in our house will you see anything Star Wars related. For my wife and kids sanity.  :tongue0024:

For the record, I've been collecting SW stuff for more than 16 years now. Mostly modern Hasbro 4" figures, ships and playsets that I open to let them breathe loosely on my shelves. I have somewhere between a thousand and two thousands figures (I honestly lost the count). Modern Star Wars is really my main focus. But I do have about 75% of the Vintage Kenner toys (missing a few playsets, ships and some of the last few POTF figures).

I do collect other toy lines such as Visionaries, Indiana Jones (modern Hasbro line), Micronauts, some vintage Transformers, as well as some Classic Space Lego sets. Mostly to revive some good old memories of the toys I had when I was a kid when I grew up in the 70s and 80s.

One of my favorite lines of my toy collection is really my AD&D LJN collection. I had these action figures when I was young and they were among my favorite toys. I'm trying to complete this line nowadays, with only one main figure missing (Battlematic Warduke) and a few PVC monsters. :)

Please feel free to comment!

(By the way, not shown in these pictures are my Vintage Transformers figures, except the Dinobots. These are kept in storage due to lack of space.)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

trooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: JediPatrick's Star Wars Bunker
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:07:45 AM »

Vraiment Super comme collection et plus bien disposé dans une piece spécial  WOW

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »

Nice, though I don't remember the flying Luke on Dagobah! Was that from a deleted scene? :)

And I really didn't know they'd made so many AD&D figures! I still have a couple from when I was a kid, though I don't think I have anything you're missing sorry. I figured we had most of what they'd made and that boiled down to a handful of figures! Nice to see!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »

Nice, though I don't remember the flying Luke on Dagobah! Was that from a deleted scene? :)

Hahaha! This is my attempt to display a "Mission Legends" Snowspeeder Luke with his nice action backpack! When you have too many Lukes to display, you need to be inventive! LOL :tongue0024:

And I really didn't know they'd made so many AD&D figures! I still have a couple from when I was a kid, though I don't think I have anything you're missing sorry. I figured we had most of what they'd made and that boiled down to a handful of figures! Nice to see!

Yeah, they produced two waves, the first one without any action features, the second wave with action features (Shield Shooting mechanism for the giant figures, "battlematic" action with moving arms or torso. They also had in their plans 2-3 extra figures including Valkeer, a good viking, a new fatter version of Kelek, the evil sorcerer, as well as Pulvereye, an evil  giant cyclop. They also had in the works a "Snake pit playset", almost as cool as the Fortress of Fangs playset.

I really like this line of toys especially since I used to play D&D games with my brothers and sometimes friends. I had a character built much like Peralay the elve. It was the good times for me and I always laughed when I heared that D&D would make young teenagers violent. Yeah right... like it turned me into a maniac psychopath! hahahaha!  ;D
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »

Yeah, I remember that wave of fear and the made-for-tv movies warning of the dangers of role playing games! Not sure if there were any real incidents where someone went insane and also happened to like D&D but it obviously didn't turn all of us into killing-spree psychos! I remember my parents being afraid for me for a while since I was heavily into playing with friends every weekend. I even got the World of Greyhawk set that allowed you to play alone by generating random encounters as you wandered around Greyhawk, no Dungeon Master required! I spent at least the better part of half a year building up experience and such for one of my characters using that set, alone after school, after homework was done of course! Ah the pre-video game era!

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »

Very impressive collection and very nice work displaying what you have within your room!  Clean, organized and awesome.  Not having things around the rest of your house in exchange for having a full room dedicated to your collection is more than a fair trade.  Thats the same unspoken deal that I have at my house and I personally think it's better that way anyways.  As much as I love collecting, I wouldn't want to have star wars in every room of my house either.

Awesome collection and thanks for sharing it with us. :rockon:
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »

Thanks Thirdfloor! It's really appreciated. I like displaying my figures into "dioramas" or at least by scenes, even if not movie accurate in display, for me it recreates the feeling I had watching each major scenes of the movies. I do try to keep the room and sheleves as clean as possible, but from the pictures you can see that I tend to display the newer waves of figures on easily accessibles shelves just to show the novelty. After a few weeks, I dispacth the figures to their respective scenes.

From time to time, I also display my Grendizer figure out of its normal shelf spot just for fun. In the current pictures, it's actually protecting the Vintage Hoth Attack Base from one of Vega's minions.  :tongue0024:

And like you, I feel more than spoiled and lucky that my wife tolerates the fact that I spend such money on collecting toys, and also can accept the fact that I have a complete room all for myself­. Honestly, it's not like I never got any complaints about that either. So keeping my stuff within these limits is quite understandable for me. Asking for more would be, in my opinion, displaying a lack of respect for my entire family...

Frank Herbert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169117
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 37 queries.