Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 04:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Third party vendors on amazon.com  (Read 685 times)

buzo

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Third party vendors on amazon.com
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:03 AM »

Hello folks,

I thought I let you know of a recent experience I had with amazon.  I found a TVC SW figure for the reasonable price of $9.99 (suggested retail price).  This was being sold by a third-party vendor through amazon.  Although the shipping was quite steep to Canada ($17.00, to be precise), I decided to bite the bullet and get the figure, since it is no longer being sold in Canada, and the price was decent.

Transaction went through without a problem.  The next day, I got an email from the vendor, notifying me that the card had a small crease on one corner - I replied it was ok, since I was planning to open it anyways.

Two days later my transaction got cancelled from the vendor.  To my surprise, the figure got re-listed, this time, 6 times more expensive.  I called amazon, and they told me that vendors could do this, without any penalty.  Also, you can't leave any feedback on cancelled transactions, so I can't even tell the world these guys aren't a serious merchant that are not willing to honour a sale contract.

Disappointing, but now I know better.  Moral of the story - I'll never buy from a third-party vendor via amazon ever again, because it can well be a waste of my time.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Third party vendors on amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »

Though I am sure there are decent vendors there, thanks for sharing this! Will definitely make me think twice! I hope you got your money back and everything and at least you weren't ripped off entirely!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Third party vendors on amazon.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:47:08 PM »

Interesting story. That's really unfortunate that amazon doesn't hold them accountable. I suppose it might be different if you paid for the item and never got it?? I dunno. But it does suck that you can't leave feedback at least.

I've bought a couple things from third party vendors and all arrived as expected and at a great price, but I'm sure the experience can vary from vendor to vendor. The one issue I had was that they wouldn't even ship the items to Canada. When I got to the amazon checkout it stated one or more items cannot be shipped to Canada. Goofy how Amazon blocks certain items or certain sellers from shipping to Canada. So I had them shipped to a friend and he forwarded them to me. Just another thing to consider when browsing the third party vendors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169371
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 70
Total: 71

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 39 queries.